Womens Team

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Womens Team 21/22

Postby dazby » Mon May 09, 2022 12:18 am

Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon May 09, 2022 6:23 am

johnny crossan wrote:Well done ladies, Champions League place & League Cup already in the bag, FA Cup final next week. All the BBC hype before their Chavs match today was the Ragesses gaining an historic CL place - not such a big deal now City are in it... :lol: :lol:

One in the eye for the munettes there.

Lovely comeback by the City Women. To be honest, once we got our players back from injury, it was always going to be a very, very different story in the second half of the season.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:43 pm

Just watching England u19s v Germany - utterly pathetic, a truly appalling standard of football
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby sheblue » Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:06 pm

I am not sexist or anything like that. But there the reality of life is there are some things females are better at than males, and vice versa.
No matter how much some like to pretend, the reality is the womens game is awful. And this idea of giving it partiy is a complete fallacy.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby john68 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:40 pm

sheblue wrote:I am not sexist or anything like that. But there the reality of life is there are some things females are better at than males, and vice versa.
No matter how much some like to pretend, the reality is the womens game is awful. And this idea of giving it partiy is a complete fallacy.

The big problem with the womens' game is that people compare it to the mens' game.
It should really be viewed as a competely different game in its own right.

I don't think anyone expected it to be on a par with the mens' game. Its value is that it allows women who want to, to play football.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:12 am

john68 wrote:
sheblue wrote:I am not sexist or anything like that. But there the reality of life is there are some things females are better at than males, and vice versa.

The big problem with the womens' game is that people compare it to the mens' game.

I don't think anyone expected it to be on a par with the mens' game. Its value is that it allows women who want to, to play football.

It’s a fucking shite watching experience - embarrassing.
Especially the goal keepers - comedy gold watching them .

I really don’t think we should even have this thread on the main page of this site as no one gives a shit , apart from a tiny tiny tiny minority.

By the way John - there is a huge % of women footballers that whine about their salary being far off the mens salary and they don’t think thats right !! (Namely headed by that nauseating pink haired captain weirdo from the USA )

That’s my pennies worth !
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Dimples » Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:32 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
john68 wrote:

It’s a fucking shite watching experience - embarrassing.
Especially the goal keepers - comedy gold watching them .

I really don’t think we should even have this thread on the main page of this site as no one gives a shit , apart from a tiny tiny tiny minority.

By the way John - there is a huge % of women footballers that whine about their salary being far off the mens salary and they don’t think thats right !! (Namely headed by that nauseating pink haired captain weirdo from the USA )

That’s my pennies worth !

Women got equal rights on prize money in tennis about 15 years ago.
The singles winners, both male and female, at Wimbleton this year will get £2M each.
The men play best of five sets and the women play best of three sets?
I don't know of any job where the pay is equal but some workers are expected to work 40% more hours than some other workers.
I have no idea why that is deemed equal? Needless to say my wife and daughters think it makes sense :)

When it comes to soccer and women complaining about their earnings I always think of the tennis.
Compared to the men's game do they generate the same income streams: attendances, sponsorship, TV viewers, subscriptions, mechandise.....
No is the simple answer. When they do, then pay should be equal. Needless to say my wife and daughters disagree :)
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby CBEM » Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:03 am

john68 wrote:

The biggest problem is that women constantly compare their idea of the sport to the mens. Look at the BBC back pages they've even stopped the pretence and just gone gung ho with no separation of the men and womens game, the idea pushers are shoving it down the publics throats explaining that if you like one you should like the other.

They should be made to go it alone, open their own clubs and stop living off the back of the mens game, it's fairly obvious it isn't a growing sport because as a spectator sport it's garbage.
Left hammer+sickle-moon for a much better shade of blue :)
CBEM
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: colin bell

Postby belleebee » Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:00 pm

CBEM wrote:
john68 wrote:

The biggest problem is that women constantly compare their idea of the sport to the mens. Look at the BBC back pages they've even stopped the pretence and just gone gung ho with no separation of the men and womens game, the idea pushers are shoving it down the publics throats explaining that if you like one you should like the other.

They should be made to go it alone, open their own clubs and stop living off the back of the mens game, it's fairly obvious it isn't a growing sport because as a spectator sport it's garbage.

Seems a bit odd to suggest that clubs haven't willingly diversified their portfolios to incorporate women's football but instead have been forced into it by some women's conspiracy. There's certainly an appetite for women's football and one that does seem to be growing, at least if match attendances are anything to go by. I doubt that our owners would have invested so heavily in it if they believed it not to have a future (as well as possibly earning the club some kudos for supporting the women's game). Whether the game is garbage or not is a matter of opinion. I've certainly watched a few (streamed) City women games that provide more entertainment value than your average League 1 match.
belleebee

Postby dazby » Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:37 pm

If you appreciate the fact that it's women playing football and don't compare it to men's, you'll find it very satisfying.

Women players are more honest. They don't dive. It's pure.

Appreciate that and you appreciate the game more.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:19 pm

dazby wrote:If you appreciate the fact that it's women playing football and don't compare it to men's, you'll find it very satisfying.

Your right , the woman’s goalies never ever dive .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:29 pm

fyi...
i've created a new, separate thread for the euros:

viewtopic.php?f=121&t=56659
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby john@staustell » Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:00 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
dazby wrote:If you appreciate the fact that it's women playing football and don't compare it to men's, you'll find it very satisfying.

Your right , the woman’s goalies never ever dive .

Pure? Just waiting for a shining light from heaven and that sound they play in the movies
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Re: Womens Team

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:28 am

So, the Barca Boys strike again - Keira Walsh, 8 years at City and our best player gift wrapped and waved off to their hometown club, no doubt to be followed by Bernardo next summer. The women's team has been completely filleted of its top players and any chance of winning the WSL thrown away before they even start - as it already has been in Europe. It seems that the love life of Keira was a factor in this mess but I'm getting really sick of the whole Catalan affair with the three amigos that run our club.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62820169
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby sheblue » Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:03 am

Devastating news, how can I go on.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby belleebee » Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:58 pm

johnny crossan wrote:So, the Barca Boys strike again - Keira Walsh, 8 years at City and our best player gift wrapped and waved off to their hometown club, no doubt to be followed by Bernardo next summer. The women's team has been completely filleted of its top players and any chance of winning the WSL thrown away before they even start - as it already has been in Europe. It seems that the love life of Keira was a factor in this mess but I'm getting really sick of the whole Catalan affair with the three amigos that run our club.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62820169

Very disappointed to see Keira Walsh go: a fantastic talent in the women’s game. Not sure what lies behind it, especially in light of the other departures. However, don’t really think your Barca conspiracy theory holds much water: if Bernie leaves next season to join Barcelona it’ll be because he wants to and I suspect Keira wasn’t tied and gagged and put on a midnight flight to Catalonia.
belleebee

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:19 pm

Devastating news....I mean , how will this affect the men's teams mentality now they know (Insert any WF's name) has gone !!!!

This fucking thread. :lol:
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby belleebee » Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:04 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Devastating news....I mean , how will this affect the men's teams mentality now they know (Insert any WF's name) has gone !!!!

Apologies for offending your sensibilities Carl. ;)
belleebee

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:16 pm

belleebee wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Devastating news....I mean , how will this affect the men's teams mentality now they know (Insert any WF's name) has gone !!!!

I’m just here to take the piss…..anyone leaves the window of opportunity open are fair game ;)
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby belleebee » Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:26 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
belleebee wrote:

I’m just here to take the piss…..anyone leaves the window of opportunity open are fair game ;)

No problem (though I'm sure you'd grow to love the women's game if you'd just put the effort in)! :D
belleebee

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum