sterling

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: sterling

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:40 pm

Fuck sake, he’s been shit. Let’s enjoy what we do and hope his form comes back, giving us a better chance to win things.

I’m expecting a reaction.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:40 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Fuck sake, he’s been shit. Let’s enjoy what we do and hope his form comes back, giving us a better chance to win things.

A reaction ? hes been given x amount of chances to show us a reaction and he hasn't shown anything other than hes playing shit.
He should never start another match till further notice, IMO...should only come on as a sub and only when we are 3 goals up /drawing / losing a match.

Its brilliant that , barring KDB to a degree ,we have every other player on form at the moment and as PeP quite rightly said , he doesn't give a shit what players did yesteryear.....its about showing him they deserve to play TODAY.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Original Dub » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:46 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Fuck sake, he’s been shit. Let’s enjoy what we do and hope his form comes back, giving us a better chance to win things.

A reaction ? hes been given x amount of chances to show us a reaction and he hasn't shown anything other than hes playing shit.
He should never start another match till further notice, IMO...should only come on as a sub and only when we are 3 goals up /drawing / losing a match.

Its brilliant that , barring KDB to a degree ,we have every other player on form at the moment and as PeP quite rightly said , he doesn't give a shit what players did yesteryear.....its about showing him they deserve to play TODAY.

Awh.... you called him pep?!

I'm teared up here ;)
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Haaland

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:48 pm

Original Dub wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

I'm teared up here ;)

My best mates called Ricky but I call him a fat Latin cunt when he pisses me off.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby zuricity » Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:17 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

I'm teared up here ;)

My best mates called Ricky but I call him a fat Latin cunt when he pisses me off.

He's got your number - let's hope he doesn't lose it !

:lol: :lol:
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:41 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Like I said ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby brite blu sky » Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:49 am

Sterling needed to move up a gear in his all round game a couple of seasons ago - he didn't.
While he has obvious abilities ( that actually masked his defects ) they are no where near enough to carry him in this team any more.

He can run fast with the ball very close to his feet and shift his balance quickly on the move and so cause panic in defenders.
That is what he came with and he can still do that. but thats it.

He struggles to choose and make a decent pass in critical situations, even short passes, so his interplay with the others is not at the level required, compare him with Bernie, Gundo, Phil etc.
If his confidence is lower he defaults to stopping and wiggling his leg about like he needs he a pee or something, meanwhile any advantage in turning a team is lost.
So in terms of adding to the team the only reliable thing he provides is running at speed and causing panic - BUT with the likelyhood of it breaking down onto nothing. So what good is that exactly?

So the fact that he hasn't managed to up his game, learn from the others how to make better decisions means imo he has been left behind.
It is frustrating as he is very nearly there, but just seems unable to grab that extra capacity in his game. He has slumped to the level of a miriad of wingers over the years that are just one dimensional.

I think he has to go, but if he did go i also dont think he will ever improve. He seems satisfied with what he is good at, or just can't expand his play.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby CTID Hants » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:10 pm

Original Dub wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

I'm teared up here ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It's great having you back OD
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Hazy2 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:31 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:If one more person says “Raheem needs more love “ I will hit the rucking roof .

He’s a grown man on 300 k plus a week for fucks sake !!!
What he needs is a fucking reality check and be told he’s playing shit and has been for months and there are far far better players than him at the moment .

More love ? Fuck off !!!!! And fuck off again !!!

Spoilt little rich runt he is .

Hard to argue with that.

I'll never hate on him just because he's playing shit the last 6 months. I know how much he contributed to what we achieved since he arrived.
But the minute you open your gob looking for game time when every chance has been afforded to you, not to mention on the biggest stage, you're asking for hate.

He kind of reminds of the type of kids in school who provoked attention on themselves and then asked why everyone wouldn't just leave them alone.

Which is it?

Love the Raz !
'

You flip flop so often its hard to see what stance you really have on most topics.

PMSL from the match thread loon !!!
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby zabbadabbado » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:33 pm

We need to get rid whilst he sill has value.Maybe trade him for someone.

He brings nothing to this team.

More often than not,he can not even do the basics like stop a Ball,control a Ball, and complete a pass to a team mate.

Runs in to opposing players,loses possession,starts opposition counter attacks.

Right now he has no redeeming qualities.

He starts we struggle,has become common theme these days.

He wasn't the only one to play poorly tonight.He plays poorly every game though.

I find i am now looking at my Watch waiting for him to be substituted when he plays.He is that bad.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby Dimples » Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:18 pm

I have given up on Sterling.
He cost us again tonight missing a free header in the last minute (according to the match report, I did not see the match).
Consistently costs us matches but wants to be paid like someone who wins us matches?
I call that delusional.

Needs to go asap.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:04 am

Has not got the balls for not taking the first penalty , in fact not even in the 5 to take a penalty .

Cocky cunt wants top dollar yet shies away from any responsibility and instead gives it to a 21 year old .

The sooner this gimp is sold the better.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ruralblue » Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:47 am

Fact he never stood up to take a penalty speaks volumes as to where he is right now. Should not be in a starting 11 and I hope he's gone in January.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby sheblue » Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:29 am

Funny, Not saying he was great or anything but I thought he was better last night than a lot of his more recent games.
He is Peps signing, he wont be going anywhere in January.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Mase » Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:03 am

Might as well close the thread. Nothing more to say - he’s fuckin shit every game and like a true entitled bellend he feels his shit performances deserve a start.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:05 am

^^^^

Exactly
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:00 am

costs us the game every time he starts
fucking useless, a shadow of his former self
like delle ali, he’s gone to complete shit.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:03 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:costs us the game every time he starts
fucking useless, a shadow of his former self
like delle ali, he’s gone to complete shit.

Correct, and it is not just his performance per se it’s the affect on the whole team dynamic e.g. if you analyse all the games that he has started we have either - lost, drawn or played badly - CL final lost, Spurs lost, Saints drew and poor performance, West Ham lost on pen, so really there is evidence that when he starts, City don’t so to speak. Q.E.D.
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Paul68 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:41 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:We need to get rid whilst he sill has value.Maybe trade him for someone.

He brings nothing to this team.

More often than not,he can not even do the basics like stop a Ball,control a Ball, and complete a pass to a team mate.

Runs in to opposing players,loses possession,starts opposition counter attacks.

Right now he has no redeeming qualities.

He starts we struggle,has become common theme these days.

He wasn't the only one to play poorly tonight.He plays poorly every game though.

I find i am now looking at my Watch waiting for him to be substituted when he plays.He is that bad.

But he does do that "fuck me... that nearly worked... I nearly did something there... did you see?" Face/expression....... really well and fans other than our poor bastids who have to watch the twat regularly... fall for it
He's one of those cunts who i bet talks a brilliant game....then when challenged...... is fucking dogshit....
I wish there was a way to know you are in the good old days....before you've actually left them...
Paul68
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: All the 17-18!

Postby london blue 2 » Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:55 pm

I think the solution to Raz is that he needs to focus more on his work off the ball. Stop trying to be the man on the ball and start making more runs for the team to find. Today was a good example of that. Hopefully he’ll turn a corner.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum