sterling

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: sterling

Postby Mase » Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:05 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Mase wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:
Mase wrote:Just my opinion LB2. I’m not referring to the blatant racist abuse he has received - when we played Chelsea for example. But when everything is going well he seems the type of person to go looking for issues. Saying the media were racist because they printed a story about him buying his mum a house and that they wouldn’t have done it for a white player :lol: They picked on him because he’s a cocky little twat. Nothing to do with the colour of his skin. Beckham received just the same abuse from the British media after 98. And just like Sterling he turned it around with them.

I’m not impressed with the interview or timing but I don’t see the need to get so triggered and personal (not just you mate, loads are at it). He’s just a guy who’s been asked about playing time and foolishly played into their hands.

As for the media treatment, he was spot on. He was singled out for years. But that’s my opinion.

I agree, he was singled out for years. But again, not because of the colour of his skin (look at Rashford - never had a bad word said about him in the media) but it’s because Sterling was a flashy little twat.

Beckham was vilified, 1000 times more than sterling has ever been slagged off , but at least the thick twat soon realized what he had to do to get everyone back on his side.

Sick and tired of the race card being banded about- it’s used , by a huge % , as a get out of jail for free card when the going gets tough !

Beckham couldn’t use the race card could he !

I remember the papers printing this…

Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby dave watson's perm » Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:15 am

He should take a long hard look at himself and start doing his talking on the pitch not in a media which jumps at the chance to vilify City. Unfortunately, the time has come for the deluded little gimp to move on
dave watson's perm
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Paul Power

Postby london blue 2 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:54 pm

Beckham was vilified for making a stupid mistake which may have cost England the chance to progress in a tournament. Sterling was vilified for moving to a new club and buying his mum a home. The two are not the same.

Beckham was also a fan favourite before and after that incident where as Raheem only became a fan favourite when he called out the double standards. Before that fans and media alike continually hated on him.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Original Dub » Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:00 pm

london blue 2 wrote:Beckham was vilified for making a stupid mistake which may have cost England the chance to progress in a tournament. Sterling was vilified for moving to a new club and buying his mum a home. The two are not the same.

Beckham was also a fan favourite before and after that incident where as Raheem only became a fan favourite when he called out the double standards. Before that fans and media alike continually hated on him.

His problem isn't that he's black. He's just not very likeable really.
"Alvarez haters must be squirming"
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Haaland

Postby Mase » Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:46 pm

Original Dub wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:Beckham was vilified for making a stupid mistake which may have cost England the chance to progress in a tournament. Sterling was vilified for moving to a new club and buying his mum a home. The two are not the same.

This. We like him because he plays for us, but if he played for anyone else we’d dislike him.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby mr_nool » Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:53 pm

Mase wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

This. We like him because he plays for us, but if he played for anyone else we’d dislike him.

I don't think I would have any strong opinions on him in either way if he didn't play for us. He might not be likable, but I don't think he's "dislikable" either. He doesn't come across as a arrogant, or as a twat in my opinion.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Mase » Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:09 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Mase wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

I don't think I would have any strong opinions on him in either way if he didn't play for us. He might not be likable, but I don't think he's "dislikable" either. He doesn't come across as a arrogant, or as a twat in my opinion.

Literally every other teams fans hate him. That says a lot imo.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby mr_nool » Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:33 pm

But why? It's just sheep behaviour cause the scousers do, and because he plays for City. Just look at all the inbred fans that all of a sudden are booing Grealish.
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mase » Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:37 pm

mr_nool wrote:But why? It's just sheep behaviour cause the scousers do, and because he plays for City. Just look at all the inbred fans that all of a sudden are booing Grealish.

Completely agree on Grealish, but a good chunk of other fans fancy like him as well. I don’t know anyone that supports another team that likes Sterling. Anyone that hates a beautiful man like Jack needs their head looking at.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:56 pm

You are still Shit Shite Shit.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby PeterParker » Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:59 pm

mr_nool wrote:But why? It's just sheep behaviour cause the scousers do, and because he plays for City. Just look at all the inbred fans that all of a sudden are booing Grealish.

I never liked him at Scouse, in my case. Did not mind him here at first, but I think Pep's obsession on playing him had a part in this.
I don't follow him on social media, but he comes down as annoying, that type of bloke that annoys you on social media, but you keep him on your facebook list because you were in the same class in school.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby mr_nool » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:10 pm

PeterParker wrote:

I never liked him at Scouse, in my case. Did not mind him here at first, but I think Pep's obsession on playing him had a part in this.
I don't follow him on social media, but he comes down as annoying, that type of bloke that annoys you on social media, but you keep him on your facebook list because you were in the same class in school.

I follow him on Twitter and he's totally inoffensive. Don't think I've ever seen a post of his that could be described even as slightly annoying.

So I still don't get the dislike/hate. It seems like mob mentality imo.
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby PeterParker » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:19 pm

mr_nool wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

I follow him on Twitter and he's totally inoffensive. Don't think I've ever seen a post of his that could be described even as slightly annoying.

So I still don't get the dislike/hate. It seems like mob mentality imo.

With rags, scouse, london clubs surely it is.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Dameerto » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:50 pm

PeterParker wrote:

I thought he was awesome at Liverpool - he played as a teenager like was wasnt afraid of anything. It was one of the signings I was most excited about when City confirmed it. Now I'm completely indifferent, and pretty much of the opinion the squad would probably be better off (right now) without him.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby CTID Hants » Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:30 pm

Dameerto wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

I thought he was awesome at Liverpool - he played as a teenager like was wasnt afraid of anything. It was one of the signings I was most excited about when City confirmed it. Now I'm completely indifferent, and pretty much of the opinion the squad would probably be better off (right now) without him.

When at scouse, my mate (scouse) was frustrated with his lack of finishing, then he came to us and improved tremendously, he seems to have full circle to the point I couldn't defend him any further on here or anywhere. I honestly thought he'd bounce back, but he shows no sign of doing so.

Nothing personal, like some on here, it's a real shame if you ask me. So surprised he's sounding off about assurances, surely if he can't see that Pep is playing him even when he has better option performance wise somebody would have a word with him?
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby zuricity » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:32 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
Dameerto wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

When at scouse, my mate (scouse) was frustrated with his lack of finishing, then he came to us and improved tremendously, he seems to have full circle to the point I couldn't defend him any further on here or anywhere. I honestly thought he'd bounce back, but he shows no sign of doing so.

Nothing personal, like some on here, it's a real shame if you ask me. So surprised he's sounding off about assurances, surely if he can't see that Pep is playing him even when he has better option performance wise somebody would have a word with him?

That is why Pep gets paid 20 Mill a year.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:05 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:To buck the trend I hope he finds his form and stays. Got a lot of time for Raz personally. He’s not even close to as bad as some on here make out.

I like him. He’s lost form but has produced when other have not,

Some will vilify him, I get that, just like Ricky Edghill or any other player gets the cut, but to get it so bad when we are actually winning stuff makes me question the narrative.

Did he help us win stuff last season, season before, before that, or should I say since he’s been here?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Nick » Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:46 pm

Hes done nothing for at least a year and thats being kind

Mahrez being shit today made me forget that sterling was anonymous (and couldnt control a ball)
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby zabbadabbado » Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:36 pm

johnny crossan wrote:now look what you've done (Uncanny for Raz to be training at the Etihad today - and be in New York doing an interview at the same time)

Raheem Sterling reveals desire to leave Manchester City and play in Europe
England footballer’s declaration at FT event will alert top clubs despite depressed transfer market
Raheem Sterling, left, with Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola. The footballer said he would prefer a move to a club in France or Spain © Tom Flathers/Manchester City FC/Getty Images

Murad Ahmed in New York AN HOUR AGO

Manchester City footballer Raheem Sterling has told the Financial Times of his desire to leave the English Premier League champions, setting up what could be the sport’s next potential blockbuster transfer

In an interview at the FT’s Business of Sport US Summit in New York on Thursday, the 26-year-old striker was asked about a lack of recent playing time in the side led by renowned Spanish coach Pep Guardiola.

“If there was an opportunity to go somewhere else, I’d be open to it at this moment in time,” he said, before suggesting he would prefer moving to a club in France or Spain.

The comments reveal frustration at not being considered a regular starter at City for several months, and came during a sprawling conversation in which the player also discussed his leading in role the England national team during this summer’s European championships, as well as the racist abuse faced by black English players.

But it is Sterling’s declaration on a potential move that will gain most attention. One of the Premier League’s stars, he signed for City in 2015 from Liverpool for a transfer fee of £49m, a record for an English player at the time. Sterling’s existing contract with City ends in 2023.

His availability is likely to command interest from many of the world’s biggest clubs, but a move may prove difficult at a time when the sport’s multibillion-euro transfer market has been depressed as teams cut back spending on players.

The continent’s clubs have collectively suffered revenue shortfalls worth €8bn during the pandemic because of lost ticketing and broadcasting revenues, according to the European Club Association, the body that represents more than 200 leading sides.

Top Spanish clubs Real Madrid and FC Barcelona have responded to the financial crisis by conducting a fire sale of players this year. France’s Paris Saint-Germain, which is owned by the Qatari state, has retained its huge spending — signing the likes of Argentine superstar Lionel Messi, but also appears well stocked with attacking talent.

But Sterling said: “As an English player, all I know is the Premier League. I’ve always known that maybe one day, I would love to play abroad and see how I would come up against that challenge.”

He was a key fixture in the the England men’s team that reached its first major final in 55 years at this year’s Euro 2020 competition. Sterling credited the progress on the relaxed mood created by head coach Gareth Southgate, but also a less combative relationship between players and the media over recent years.

England’s Sterling success bridges nation divided by culture war

“That’s been the biggest issue with the national team for many years,” he said. “We’ve [built] that bridge now to a point that its enjoyable to come [to the England camp], you’ll see people from the press and it doesn’t feel like there’s anyone out to get you,” he said.

Sterling, however, criticised politicians who did not defend the team for “taking the knee” before matches to protest against racism. Before the Euros, UK home secretary Priti Patel dismissed the act as “gesture politics” and defended the right of fans to boo it.

After three black England players missed penalties in the shootout in the final against Italy, a match England lost, they were subject to a torrent of racist abuse online.

“It should be a case where you see a situation happening that should not be allowed to happen,” said Sterling. “I feel like when you mention racist abuse, it is not taken as seriously as other topics.”

Get alerts on when a new story is published

https://www.ft.com/content/3486178f-49e ... 691336c1bc

Pep and Tixi will make sure he goes only to Barcelona on loan in January with us paying 95% of his wages..

Then Barcelona will get him on a free end of the season. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Would anyone be suprised.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby Indianablue » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:23 am

Mase wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:
Mase wrote:Just my opinion LB2. I’m not referring to the blatant racist abuse he has received - when we played Chelsea for example. But when everything is going well he seems the type of person to go looking for issues. Saying the media were racist because they printed a story about him buying his mum a house and that they wouldn’t have done it for a white player :lol: They picked on him because he’s a cocky little twat. Nothing to do with the colour of his skin. Beckham received just the same abuse from the British media after 98. And just like Sterling he turned it around with them.

I’m not impressed with the interview or timing but I don’t see the need to get so triggered and personal (not just you mate, loads are at it). He’s just a guy who’s been asked about playing time and foolishly played into their hands.

As for the media treatment, he was spot on. He was singled out for years. But that’s my opinion.

I agree, he was singled out for years. But again, not because of the colour of his skin (look at Rashford - never had a bad word said about him in the media) but it’s because Sterling was a flashy little twat.

Hate campaign orchestrated by a Liverpool fan base
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Francis Lee

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum