sterling

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: sterling

Postby zuricity » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:53 am

Sterling is at the age now and with the experience now, that he should be one of the players Pep can build his team around , unfortunately he appears to have regressed.

You would think he would spend extra time after training to work on one on ones with a trainer, to work on his first touch . It is not a shame to do extra hours to improve your skills. Everybody who wants to develop in their job will do this .
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby nottsblue » Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:21 pm

Has Sterling actually said was has been printed? Or have our media twisted his interview and words around to suit their agenda?

Yes, he probably is frustrated with his game time. As a professional footballer he is probably always open to what else is available on the open market to a degree. Whether he then takes up that option if it becomes available is subject to lots of different factors

Yes he is woefully out of form and has been for long enough now to suggest he has reached the end of the road with us and won’t improve either his own performances or more importantly the teams. Sometimes a player has nothing else to give and both he and the club would benefit from a change of scenery. That time is now, or more specifically, January. But that assumes we get a suitable bid in for him and we don’t give him away. Any transfer needs to benefit the club first and foremost and for my money, a loan doesn’t achieve this. And if we don’t receive a suitable bid that we deem acceptable financially, then he stays and fights for his place by working hard in training. The same as every single player before him and ones that have not yet signed for us.

He has been here for six years now and has scored 115 goals for us and assisted in many more. A vital part of our machine which has won loads of pots in that time. He will be remembered very fondly for all he has done for us, certainly in my house. But it is time for him to make a new start somewhere else and when he does I will wish him well for the future and he will have our thanks for the great contribution he has made during his time with us
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Sideshow Bob » Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:55 pm

would be perfect on the left for the barcodes with st maxim right and wilson central. of course the little shit will probably veto any move there since it wont be good enough for his ‘brand’.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby sheblue » Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:29 pm

The only links are Barcelona.
What do they see or know we don't.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:09 pm

sheblue wrote:The only links are Barcelona.

Watch on youtube.com
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Mase » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:11 pm

Palmer comes on against Burnley then plays for the EDS a couple of hours later and scores a hatrick. Bye Raz.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Nick » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:39 pm

sheblue wrote:The only links are Barcelona.

He will be free and they are desperate
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:48 pm

Mase wrote:Palmer comes on against Burnley then plays for the EDS a couple of hours later and scores a hatrick. Bye Raz.

johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Mase » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:50 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Mase wrote:Palmer comes on against Burnley then plays for the EDS a couple of hours later and scores a hatrick. Bye Raz.

Does he ever score tap-ins? Always pingers!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:20 pm

nottsblue wrote:Has Sterling actually said was has been printed? Or have our media twisted his interview and words around to suit their agenda?

Yes, he probably is frustrated with his game time. As a professional footballer he is probably always open to what else is available on the open market to a degree. Whether he then takes up that option if it becomes available is subject to lots of different factors

Yes he is woefully out of form and has been for long enough now to suggest he has reached the end of the road with us and won’t improve either his own performances or more importantly the teams. Sometimes a player has nothing else to give and both he and the club would benefit from a change of scenery. That time is now, or more specifically, January. But that assumes we get a suitable bid in for him and we don’t give him away. Any transfer needs to benefit the club first and foremost and for my money, a loan doesn’t achieve this. And if we don’t receive a suitable bid that we deem acceptable financially, then he stays and fights for his place by working hard in training. The same as every single player before him and ones that have not yet signed for us.

He has been here for six years now and has scored 115 goals for us and assisted in many more. A vital part of our machine which has won loads of pots in that time. He will be remembered very fondly for all he has done for us, certainly in my house. But it is time for him to make a new start somewhere else and when he does I will wish him well for the future and he will have our thanks for the great contribution he has made during his time with us

I’ve still not seen the full interview but what I did see it was fairly clear that the media have taken it out of context.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:59 am

Clearly an issue. It’s a short career, looking at him on Saturday, and trying not to brutal he is having a laugh, it’s him who is the issue. No touch, awareness basics he can fall back on in the same breath Spurs fans are saying the same about Kane. Might change now he has a goal.For me and I’ve not seen an interview with him saying he wants out, but Pep has commented, let him go, The grass is greenest here. He plays with anything below the quality we have he is done. I give credit to Tranny at his age coming back to this league, that’s brave, but he is finding without the quality behind him, it’s incredibly tough to shake off bigger faster player, but he can get a goal through his craft being honed over years, he has lost his pace, but not his poacher skills, plus he could be blindfolded and hit the target, Raheem has no such skills or natural instincts.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mase » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:26 am

If he hadn’t said it he’s sure had enough time to correct it…
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:31 am

Mase wrote:If he hadn’t said it he’s sure had enough time to correct it…

Anyone that isn’t wearing blue tinted specs has surely read enough of his comments to know that he either plays more football here or if not then he wants out .

It’s about as obvious as his shit performances .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Mase » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:52 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Mase wrote:If he hadn’t said it he’s sure had enough time to correct it…

Anyone that isn’t wearing blue tinted specs has surely read enough of his comments to know that he either plays more football here or if not then he wants out .

It’s about as obvious as his shit performances .

We have Palmer and Edozie coming through that look decent. We’ve got Grealish, Mahrez and Foden that can all play Sterling’s position. He doesn’t offer us anything in terms of leadership. We won’t miss him.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Outcast » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:26 am

I've been following him lately, he's still raw but developing nicely, he's got skills and awareness and can finish.
I'd rather have him ahead of Sterling, he doesn't look out of place in first team. I think Sterling would look out of place in EDS team
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby sheblue » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:35 am

Outcast wrote:

I've been following him lately, he's still raw but developing nicely, he's got skills and awareness and can finish.
I'd rather have him ahead of Sterling, he doesn't look out of place in first team. I think Sterling would look out of place in EDS team

I hope palmer gets more time with the first team.
What's better bringing on a young hungry improving player or giving that time towards trying to play a more senior player back into form.
In this case I would go for the former.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:53 am

sheblue wrote:
Outcast wrote:

I hope palmer gets more time with the first team.
What's better bringing on a young hungry improving player or giving that time towards trying to play a more senior player back into form.
In this case I would go for the former.

Id give Palmer a full game sooner rather than later...the pressure is always on players like him when they come on as they know that ANY mistake will be magnified and that must be a constant worry when they do come on for a few minutes playing time.....give them a whole game and we will see what they are made of.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Kippax Sean » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:40 pm

Has a victim mentality imo and has no fight in him whatsoever, the most frustrating player I've seen. Has the ability to get himself in good positions but fluffs his lines 99% of the time. Hope he goes to Newcastle with Mendy thrown in as part of the package. One good season is not good enough, get your head together you can afford it, you've had the privilege of playing for the best club in the world and fans that deserve you give everything once you pull on our jersey.
Kippax Sean
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

My favourite player is: Kun Aguero / Neil mcnab

Postby Bobvilla » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:56 pm

Indianablue wrote:
Mase wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:
Mase wrote:Just my opinion LB2. I’m not referring to the blatant racist abuse he has received - when we played Chelsea for example. But when everything is going well he seems the type of person to go looking for issues. Saying the media were racist because they printed a story about him buying his mum a house and that they wouldn’t have done it for a white player :lol: They picked on him because he’s a cocky little twat. Nothing to do with the colour of his skin. Beckham received just the same abuse from the British media after 98. And just like Sterling he turned it around with them.

I’m not impressed with the interview or timing but I don’t see the need to get so triggered and personal (not just you mate, loads are at it). He’s just a guy who’s been asked about playing time and foolishly played into their hands.

As for the media treatment, he was spot on. He was singled out for years. But that’s my opinion.

I agree, he was singled out for years. But again, not because of the colour of his skin (look at Rashford - never had a bad word said about him in the media) but it’s because Sterling was a flashy little twat.

Hate campaign orchestrated by a Liverpool fan base

100% agree with this comment. Whether anyone rates him as a good or bad player based on his performances is completely their business. But the hatred towards him as a person is just plain weird. He is one of the most inoffensive players/people in the league. The myth created by bin dippers that he just left them for money and was a greedy bastard is something that other none city fans simply chose to believe. Whether race has something to do with it I don't know (remember the way the media reported him buying his Mum a house compared Foden doing the same).
Bobvilla
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

My favourite player is: Kdb

Postby Mase » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:02 pm

They have turned on Suarez and Coutinho as well. Anyone in general that dares leave Liverpool. They’re just cunts, it’s nothing to do with race.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum