sterling

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: sterling

Postby Mase » Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:28 am

stupot wrote:
Mase wrote:
stupot wrote:
Mase wrote:More talk about Barca getting him on loan in Jan. If this happens I’ll be pissed off as it doesn’t benefit us at all, and it would just be doing a favour for the former Barca guys we have at the club.

Will they loan us Frankie de Jong? Will they fuck!

Can't see the problem. We're all pissed off when he's in the team. The only way he gets in the team is the false 9 as he's behind Grealish, Foden, Mahrez and Jesus out wide and it doesn't work with him as the false 9 so if he plays well out wide there for a few months it puts his value up.

Unless we want to play him regularly we can't lose.

You assuming we’ll be out of the cups then? Rotating in the run in at the end of the season is essential if we want to keep players fresh.

Definitely not assuming that. I've given 4 names for 2 wide positions. It would also be a great chance to put Palmer and McAtee in.
That's without Torres and hopefully a fit again Delap. Plenty of opportunity to rotate.

And what if we have injuries with the players you’ve mentioned? We have the smallest squad in the Prem, along with Villa. Unless we’re going to get something from Barca is makes zero sense to allow a first team squad member to go on loan.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby nottsblue » Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:34 am

Loans are for young players who aren’t going to make it.

Sterling, for all his faults, is a full England International who is rarely injured and has over the last 5 years scored a lot of goals. If Barca or Arsenal or whoever the fuck else wants him then show us the money. And that’s market value. Pay up or fuck off
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby sheblue » Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:45 am

No loan, can't see much benefit to us. No sale, because we would give him away.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby salford city » Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:11 pm

nottsblue wrote:Loans are for young players who aren’t going to make it.

Sterling, for all his faults, is a full England International who is rarely injured and has over the last 5 years scored a lot of goals. If Barca or Arsenal or whoever the fuck else wants him then show us the money. And that’s market value. Pay up or fuck off

This is where I am with it. What is worrying me is the fiasco with Garcia when we deliberately kept hold of him to avoid Farca having to pay a fee. The world and his dig know that they are beyond skint so if our Catalan sympathisers agree to this then questions need to be asked. Swap at the same time for De Jong or whatever his name is and that's a different matter
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Mase » Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:20 pm

salford city wrote:

This is where I am with it. What is worrying me is the fiasco with Garcia when we deliberately kept hold of him to avoid Farca having to pay a fee. The world and his dig know that they are beyond skint so if our Catalan sympathisers agree to this then questions need to be asked. Swap at the same time for De Jong or whatever his name is and that's a different matter

I’d have de Jong in a heartbeat and if they wanted to straight swap for Sterling I think we should do it.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:22 pm

salford city wrote:

Spot on.

I am getting very concerned with this fucking Barca' lovin' from our Spanish contingent.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby john@staustell » Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:59 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
salford city wrote:

Spot on.

I am getting very concerned with this fucking Barca' lovin' from our Spanish contingent.

Passing Garcia and Sterling to them seems like a pretty good stitch up I would say :D
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:40 pm

john@staustell wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
salford city wrote:

Spot on.

Passing Garcia and Sterling to them seems like a pretty good stitch up I would say :D

From a business perspective - shocking .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PeterParker » Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:12 pm

For the sake of the argument, what can we expect money-wise for him?
60 would be a fair price? What about his wages, who can afford them?
I think many clubs see what we also see and are reluctant to pay what we really want.

At any loan like this, we need a mandatory fee to be in place because I think he doesn't want to be here anymore and neither do we.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:04 pm

Mase wrote:More talk about Barca getting him on loan in Jan. If this happens I’ll be pissed off as it doesn’t benefit us at all, and it would just be doing a favour for the former Barca guys we have at the club.

If that happened they may as well all fuck off to their old club, including the Sheikh and Khaldoon.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby zuricity » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:30 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

If that happened they may as well all fuck off to their old club, including the Sheikh and Khaldoon.

why would we want Frankie ? As for bundling the owners in with the Spafia - utterly silly and disrespectful.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Nick » Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:00 pm

Sterling to newcastle? 100 ml ? :)
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby john@staustell » Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:48 pm

Nick wrote:Sterling to newcastle? 100 ml ? :)

Done

And I think a loan to Barca would help too. They haven't got a pot to pee in and he's playing like a cunt. We'll charge high loan fees as they can't afford a transfer
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby CTID Hants » Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:02 pm

He is on short list for ballon door, go figure...... either that or I am Bear60'd
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Hazy2 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:28 am

Beefymcfc wrote:

Must be some group thinking Barca could be ripe for a takeover.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby sheblue » Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:42 am

Hazy2 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

With all that debt, a crumbling stadium, terrible manager on a big pay off, and a team in decline. PLUS ERIC GARCIA plays for them. Who wants to take all that shit on.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:11 pm

zuricity wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

why would we want Frankie ? As for bundling the owners in with the Spafia - utterly silly and disrespectful.

Keep your knickers on, I’m talking about us bailing Barca out by loaning them decent players. We’re not a charity and unless we’re getting a wad from them, which we obviously wouldn’t, then we may as well be working for them.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Sparklehorse » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:23 pm

On a scale of 0-100 how utterly shit has Sterling become.
Id say 100.
He had two very good seasons with us, and for two years he has been utter dog shit, my heart sinks when I see him un the line up. There is the old saying form is temporary class is permanent. He has no class as a football player.
Dont get me wrong, nothing would please me more than to see him hit form again, I just cant see it happening
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: All of them

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:24 pm

Sparklehorse wrote:On a scale of 0-100 how utterly shit has Sterling become.
Id say 100.
He had two very good seasons with us, and for two years he has been utter dog shit, my heart sinks when I see him un the line up. There is the old saying form is temporary class is permanent. He has no class as a football player.
Dont get me wrong, nothing would please me more than to see him hit form again, I just cant see it happening

Dog shit is about right...sell him to Newcastle in January (No matter what Baldie says)
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:43 pm

sheblue wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

With all that debt, a crumbling stadium, terrible manager on a big pay off, and a team in decline. PLUS ERIC GARCIA plays for them. Who wants to take all that shit on.

I give you City and Newcastle. X
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum