****Official City vs Criminal Dopey Muppets

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ****Official City vs Criminal Dopey Muppets

Postby South Coast Blue » Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:47 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:
PaulieIrish wrote:Looks like something happened with fans after their first goal, and we've made a formal complaint.

Breaking: #ManCity’s backroom staff have made an official complaint after they were allegedly spat at by a Liverpool fan sitting close by during the second half. They believe the incident was caught on camera, with the investigation ongoing.

[via @MattCritchley1]
Lovely people aren't they

But it's the spit of Anfield. Edit: Spirit. I'll get my coat.
South Coast Blue
De Michelis's Pace

Postby branny » Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:33 pm

zuricity wrote:
sheblue wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Forget about not getting a striker in , not having a new fucking left back has been even more criminal IMO.

Agree about the left back, but we've always seemed to manage and Cancelo has played we'll there.

For me if we had a clinical striker in the team, were 2-0 up at half time today and that game is as good as over.
We probably win in Paris as well.

Personally my view is not having a top striker is always going to be our main problem, until its sorted.
Jack Grealish isn't the answer.

Incorrect to single out Cancelo , for the first goal it was Laporte that failed to make the tackle and take one for the team , so to speak.

FFS Salad won the ball on the half way line, so Laporte had ample time to get over and , simply block him.

I'd rather see Stones in for the top level games. We'll get away with Laporte in most games and it's not his fault that he hasn't got a decent left back next to him but he's not been great for the goals on Tuesday and again today. Fortunately he won't be up against Mbappe or Salah every week but defensively, that left side is a weakness against the better teams.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby Dimples » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:31 am

That was some tackle by Rodri at the end. It would have been sickening to lose given the biased ref.

I wonder what the Liverpool players think of the cheating? They know Jimmy should have walked. They know we were cheated with TAA two handballs two seasons ago. Also in the CL games at Anfield and the Etihad.

Are they embarrassed?
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby branny » Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:17 am

Dimples wrote:That was some tackle by Rodri at the end. It would have been sickening to lose given the biased ref.

I wonder what the Liverpool players think of the cheating? They know Jimmy should have walked. They know we were cheated with TAA two handballs two seasons ago. Also in the CL games at Anfield and the Etihad.

Are they embarrassed?

Also the game we lost 4-2 when Suarez should have seen red. They probably think they're still in credit over Vinny's tackle on Salah.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby patrickblue » Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:22 am

Dimples wrote:That was some tackle by Rodri at the end. It would have been sickening to lose given the biased ref.

Are they embarrassed?

Offended by everything, ashamed of nothing.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby PeterParker » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:26 am

Robbed, shady, but still managed to come back two times when we were down in the hardest away game of the season.
I think the "Muppets thread strategy" is working. :D
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Mase » Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:32 am

I seem to remember Milner took Raz out from behind to deny a certain goal a few seasons back. They were basically on the goal line. Nothing given and should have been a pen and a red card. Nothings changed.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Plain Speaking » Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:51 am

Completely different treatment given by the officials to the two teams. Cancelo given a yellow card for accidentally catching the heel of a player, as he ran behind him, deep in our half, leaves him walking a tightrope all game. When Milner catches Foden as he's entering the area for a potential goal scoring opportunity it was completely ignored, as was his assault on Bernardo later.

Well done Pep for highlighting the inconsistency and bias, all too often we have just accepted it in the past. Sure there's extra pressure from the home crowd for decisions but officials need to be strong and fair.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:23 pm

Watched it again, the Milner incidents are typical of the corruption embedded within PIGMOL absolutely disgusting, at least we can hold our heads high after what was a gutsy performance from the manager and players, well done City rising above the cheating and intimidation
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby PeterParker » Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:29 pm

As much as I comment about him, I fucking loved his celebration yesterday when Tin Tin scored.

He could have let out a "fuck off you dirty scousers take it take it" but overall I think he replicated all of us. It meant the world to him because he knew we were robbed again and again in that dump they call stadium.

Good work, Pepinho. More of the same, please.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Original Dub » Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:35 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:Watched it again, the Milner incidents are typical of the corruption embedded within PIGMOL absolutely disgusting, at least we can hold our heads high after what was a gutsy performance from the manager and players, well done City rising above the cheating and intimidation

It is absolutely crazy that we have this conversation so often.

Can you imagine what we'd have won if it was the other way around??
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Haaland

Postby blues2win » Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:47 pm

As someone said further up the bad decision to yellow card Cancelo also had a big effect on the game. He wasn’t the same player in the second half and once Salah gets on a run it’s very difficult for any centre back to stop him. You have to deny him supply or failing that box him in on the touch line.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby salford city » Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:59 pm

blues2win wrote:As someone said further up the bad decision to yellow card Cancelo also had a big effect on the game. He wasn’t the same player in the second half and once Salah gets on a run it’s very difficult for any centre back to stop him. You have to deny him supply or failing that box him in on the touch line.

I did blame Cancelo for that. Looking back now though he was on a yellow and would definitely have been sent off had he attempted to engage Salah. Got to say that the better teams will target that side against us particularly if Laporte is also there as the first goal demonstrates. Continues to piss me off that we don't get refereed the same and those tiny decisions count in these type of games. Yes we put the chances away and we don't worry, but when we don't, the other team should not be getting a fucking leg up like that either
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby blues2win » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:15 pm

I thinks it’s unfair to blame Laporte for failing to stop Salah or Messi. No centre back can stop a Salah or a Messi or an Aguero in his prime once they’re on a run. A top class short striker with a low centre of gravity has a huge advantage. Laporte’s a very good centre back and adds a great deal with his fine distribution. Dias isn’t comfortable on the Left and finds it hard to cope when he’s pressed in that position. I dare say Stones will play against Burnley or in the Cup game though.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:17 pm

I genuinely believe that everyone (including refs and Uefa/fifa/premier league etc) knows how good we are under Pep and are levelling the playing field a bit.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Nick » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:31 pm

london blue 2 wrote:I genuinely believe that everyone (including refs and Uefa/fifa/premier league etc) knows how good we are under Pep and are levelling the playing field a bit.

Nah its just bent

Scum would get hand outs when not needed for decades
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Bear60 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:15 pm

I stated a fact on my fb page last night about dippers and rags getting favourable decisions . Can you imagine the abuse I got for stating the truth.
Bear60
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Dimples » Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:50 pm

salford city wrote:
blues2win wrote:As someone said further up the bad decision to yellow card Cancelo also had a big effect on the game. He wasn’t the same player in the second half and once Salah gets on a run it’s very difficult for any centre back to stop him. You have to deny him supply or failing that box him in on the touch line.

I did blame Cancelo for that. Looking back now though he was on a yellow and would definitely have been sent off had he attempted to engage Salah. Got to say that the better teams will target that side against us particularly if Laporte is also there as the first goal demonstrates. Continues to piss me off that we don't get refereed the same and those tiny decisions count in these type of games. Yes we put the chances away and we don't worry, but when we don't, the other team should not be getting a fucking leg up like that either

Exactly.
Cancelo gets a yellow, cannot engage with Salah, Dippers score.
If Milner got a yellow for his 'tackle' on Foden first half that would have changed the game - a lot

Reverse those decisions and you have a different game - one that gives us a huge advantage.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby PeterParker » Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:57 pm

Still, didn't read anything in the media that we are on a 4 game unbeaten run with criminals.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Dimples » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:01 pm

Three observations from yesterday's match:

1. Confirmed that we no longer have a fear factor when we go to Anfield.
We tore into them first half, came back from a goal down twice in the second half.
This did not happen three years ago..
2. Liverpool are being exposed as 'the emperor has no clothes'.
Lots of comment on Milner's three yellow cards, how bad they were first half, etc...
This never happened before.
3. I think we bought Grealish to be Brown's successor.
Foden and Grealish will be our midfield of choice in about two seasons time.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum