Torres the next KUN

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Torres the next KUN

Postby Tru_Blu » Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:54 am

Surely but Pep needs to be the front runner so see ya later Torres was nice knowing you
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare."

Piers Morgan

Tru_Blu
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: oat-Rivaldo cur-KDB

Re: Torres the next KUN

Postby Two's Kompany » Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:59 am

Tru_Blu wrote:Surely but Pep needs to be the front runner so see ya later Torres was nice knowing you

At the moment the front 3 should be{

Torres
Grealish Foden

Harsh on Jesus, who has done really well, but this guy's movement is quality.
He reminds me of Fernando Torres actually (the Liverpool/Atletico version, not the Chelsea one!)
Two's Kompany
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Anyone in a City shirt!

Postby sheblue » Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:55 am

Of course he should be playing, many saying it for months now.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby PeterParker » Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:59 am

It looks like we are playing with a false nine system in big games, so most likely we won't see him there.
He improved a lot this season, he should get a lot of game time, or be the first sub in big games.

Might be something in his overall team play that Pep doesn't fancy that much, but, at least Torres can finish. :lol:
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby salford city » Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:43 am

Said it last season that his movement and finishing was good. Full of confidence after a decent Euros and continues to be picked for Spain where he keeps scoring. May be something in what PP says re his overall game but he should be getting more game time for me - certainly over Sterling as first sub
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Outcast » Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:15 am

salford city wrote:Said it last season that his movement and finishing was good. Full of confidence after a decent Euros and continues to be picked for Spain where he keeps scoring. May be something in what PP says re his overall game but he should be getting more game time for me - certainly over Sterling as first sub

I keep mentioning in threads why is Sterling ahead of him, it's mind boggling, I can only assume Pep got plans for him like Foden, otherwise makes no sense
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby patrickblue » Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:34 pm

There must be a reason why Torres scores a lot for Spain, and Sterling for England, yet in a blue shirt it all goes pear shaped.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Mase » Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:45 pm

patrickblue wrote:There must be a reason why Torres scores a lot for Spain, and Sterling for England, yet in a blue shirt it all goes pear shaped.

Torres has scored 2 in 4 in the league and one in one in the cup this season for us. He’s also had goals ruled out incorrectly. Last season he scored 4 goals in 4 starts in the CL for us and got 7 goals in 15 starts in the league.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby sheblue » Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:51 pm

Mase wrote:
patrickblue wrote:There must be a reason why Torres scores a lot for Spain, and Sterling for England, yet in a blue shirt it all goes pear shaped.

Torres has scored 2 in 4 in the league and one in one in the cup this season for us. He’s also had goals ruled out incorrectly. Last season he scored 4 goals in 4 starts in the CL for us and got 7 goals in 15 starts in the league.

Absolutely he has done well. Not saying he's the Brazilian Ronaldo or anything but he can't do fuck all stuck on the bench.
Play the lad, give him a run, give him a proper chance.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:18 pm

sheblue wrote:
Mase wrote:

Absolutely he has done well. Not saying he's the Brazilian Ronaldo or anything but he can't do fuck all stuck on the bench.

IMO Pep would have to replicate Spain’s formation , to a degree, to get the best out of Torres as a forward for us .

Has he done so up to now ?
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby stupot » Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:38 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
sheblue wrote:
Mase wrote:

IMO Pep would have to replicate Spain’s formation , to a degree, to get the best out of Torres as a forward for us .

I think Spain are better off replicating our formation since he's only won medals with one of us.
He's scored 6 in 12 for Spain, 15 in 40 for us with a couple of very dubious VAR decisions going against him so it's not that different.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:16 pm

On the topic of VAR - I read the other day that Werner has scored 16 goals that have been cancelled out by VAR since joining Chelsea. That’s mental.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Dimples » Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:54 pm

Mase wrote:On the topic of VAR - I read the other day that Werner has scored 16 goals that have been cancelled out by VAR since joining Chelsea. That’s mental.

I wonder how many goals have been approved by VAR for the Rags and Dippers?
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby patrickblue » Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:46 pm

Mase wrote:

I'm not criticising Torres, I really rate him.
The point I'm making is that he's prolific for Spain, and Sterling was most people's England player of the tournament.
Why doesn't that form transfer to City performances?
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby ScapeGoat » Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:49 am

You can't compare Sterling's contribution in 3-4 games he played for England to whole season with us. Depending on which 3-4 games you pick you could make him look useless or a superstar.
ScapeGoat
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:10 pm

Torres to me looks a very clever player, with world class technique. He ticks every Pep box. We need a finisher, give him the games.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Wooders » Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:20 pm

I’m not sure I’m seeing him as the new kun - right from his debut serge took the PL by storm and we’re it not for injuries might have been considered the best ever striker the league has seen
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:33 pm

stupot wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
sheblue wrote:
Mase wrote:

I think Spain are better off replicating our formation since he's only won medals with one of us.
He's scored 6 in 12 for Spain, 15 in 40 for us with a couple of very dubious VAR decisions going against him so it's not that different.

Actually it’s 12 goals in 21 matches for Spain
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby stupot » Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:25 pm

Yep, i was looking at his WC Qualifier and Euro goals.
His stats are very impressive there but they're still not too shabby with us.
Would you ask Pep to replicate England's formation to get the best out of Sterling.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:51 pm

stupot wrote:Yep, i was looking at his WC Qualifier and Euro goals.
His stats are very impressive there but they're still not too shabby with us.
Would you ask Pep to replicate England's formation to get the best out of Sterling.

Who’s asking pep to completely replicate a formation ? I said that maybe to get the best out of Torres would it be a case that he would maybe have to change things around , but to a degree, to get the best out of him? I have no idea if PeP had made changes to get him to perform as he does with Spain.

It’s more a question than an answer .
Last edited by carl_feedthegoat on Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum