Barcodes now owned by Saudi lead consortium

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Barcodes now owned by Saudi lead consortium

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:33 pm

nottsblue wrote:Can’t see them doing anything for a long time. Their starting point is very low and they have have a huge amount of ground to make up on even an Everton or Leicester, let alone the top 4.

And it isn’t as if they can just start to splash the cash on either transfer fees or wages. That door to potential quick success has been locked by the red shirt teams. They will need four or five years of signings at least. I mean, look at the rags as an example. They have spent in excess of half a billion and have the highest wage bill in the PL and are no nearer to winning the PL since bacon fucked off.

I think the reality will start to bite sooner rather than later for the Geordies. I wish them well personally. A couple of mates support Newcastle and they are a “sleeping giant” in old parlance.

I know what you are saying is correct, however until they qualify for Europe they can more or less spend what they want , at that point they will only be a couple of signings away from challenging for title.
Like I say don't rule their success out.
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:34 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Can’t see them doing anything for a long time. Their starting point is very low and they have have a huge amount of ground to make up on even an Everton or Leicester, let alone the top 4.

And it isn’t as if they can just start to splash the cash on either transfer fees or wages. That door to potential quick success has been locked by the red shirt teams. They will need four or five years of signings at least. I mean, look at the rags as an example. They have spent in excess of half a billion and have the highest wage bill in the PL and are no nearer to winning the PL since bacon fucked off.

I think the reality will start to bite sooner rather than later for the Geordies. I wish them well personally. A couple of mates support Newcastle and they are a “sleeping giant” in old parlance.

I know what you are saying is correct, however until they qualify for Europe they can more or less spend what they want , at that point they will only be a couple of signings away from challenging for title.

I thought there was a domestic version of FFP as well?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Dimples » Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:48 pm

Crossie wrote:Who is going to sign for them? Why would any potential great players not pick City, United, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal, Leicester, Burnley, Everton… I’m sure I’m missing one but hey. All these clubs have been taken over & have enough money.

The ship has sailed when it comes to overnight success. It’ll take them 5 years to challenge for the top 4. They are so far behind and it’s not easy just because you have some (blood) money now.

Can’t wait for Bobby Manx to turn them down, Conte to wait for United and they end up with some German experimental manager.

Money.
PSG have top top players: Neymar, Messi, Mbappe, etc... Why?
Because PSG's wage bill is 4 times greater than City's

Money talks,
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:52 pm

Mase wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:

The pl do have a version of ffp however it is far less harsh than the corrupt eufa version which was designed to stop City.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mase » Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:55 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:
Mase wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:

The pl do have a version of ffp however it is far less harsh than the corrupt eufa version which was designed to stop City.

Ah okay. My guess is that they’ll change it soon and make it harsh if failed, purely to stop Newcastle knocking United out the top 4
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby BlueinBosnia » Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:56 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:

Even then, they can go the AC Milan route, and get intentionally banned from the Europa League through FFP in a bid to go for a CL league place by not having to bother with the Europa.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:09 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:

Even then, they can go the AC Milan route, and get intentionally banned from the Europa League through FFP in a bid to go for a CL league place by not having to bother with the Europa.

Dippers did the same 2014/15 season after spending on the stadium, they knew they would fail ffp, went on disastrous run culminating in a 6-1 defeat at Stoke City always a way round things.
Reminds me of our finance director, his party piece was he asked the question *what is 2+2 answer = whatever you want it to be"
So yeah let's wait and see.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Two's Kompany » Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:07 pm

They'll go for Maddison and then Sterling I think.
Both clubs will sell at the right price in my opinion!
Two's Kompany
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Anyone in a City shirt!

Postby sheblue » Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:35 am

^^^^ Why would Sterling go there? Apart from money, which I guess there are FFP constraints on.
It could be 4, 5 or more years before they win anything or get into the top 4.
If he did sign that means no champions league football for years.
At this stage Newcastle have too much ground to make up. In a few years it might be a different matter.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Dubciteh » Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:58 am

Alot of the things been said here, were said when we got taken over. My best mate at the time a dipper said we would never even challenge for the top four!! With the money behind them, the world is their oyster. So many broke clubs at the min despite their owners being billionaires it wont be too hard.

Might have to start with the next level down players the big clubs dont want but are on huge money like coutinho/ramsey etc but it wont take long to challenge for top 4 if leicester can do it with rodgers without spending.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Hazy2 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:58 am

sheblue wrote:^^^^ Why would Sterling go there? Apart from money, which I guess there are FFP constraints on.
At this stage Newcastle have too much ground to make up. In a few years it might be a different matter.

Gerrard could be the manager, that might attract Raheem and of course £500,000 a week.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Two's Kompany » Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:15 am

sheblue wrote:^^^^ Why would Sterling go there? Apart from money, which I guess there are FFP constraints on.

Because his options are limited me thinks.
Sign a new deal with us but (at the moment) not in our best 11
Chavs, This means more FC and scum unlikely to go for him.

Barca, proper basket case club with more problems than any other top side in Europe.
That leaves the likes of Arsenal, Spurs etc...
Newcastle will spend and will want to win things.
That and the promise of mega ding!!!!!!
Two's Kompany
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Anyone in a City shirt!

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:20 am

Not looked at social media but expect that the Sky 4 club fans will be screaming all types of human rights shit, forgetting that we, as a nation, have special ties with the KSA.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:53 am

Just noticed this in the Guardian, looks like we are not to happy with the Saudi take over - :
. Angry Premier League clubs demand emergency meeting on Newcastle deal
Other 19 clubs united in opposition to Newcastle takeover
Clubs concerned Premier League’s brand could be damaged
Exclusive by David Hytner, Peter Walker and Josh Halliday
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Postby carolina-blue » Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:59 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:Just noticed this in the Guardian, looks like we are not to happy with the Saudi take over - :

TBH I would be pissed off if we were signing letters
& Having closed meetings etc against Nucasle
The way we have been and are still being treated
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby blues2win » Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:19 pm

Could see Brendan Rogers going there. Build sensibly. First job is to stay in the PL.
blues2win
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby sheblue » Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:28 pm

Hazy2 wrote:

Gerrard could be the manager, that might attract Raheem and of course £500,000 a week.

Gerrard? I think they will go for a high calibre manager.
Gerrard has done nothing to warrant going to manage Newcastle or any other prem side.
He won the league in Scotland, essentially with Celtic in complete disarray, it's a one team league, hardly managerial achievement of the decade is it.
I could have done it myself. :lol:
Gerrard :lol: :lol:
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:50 pm

sheblue wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

Gerrard has done nothing to warrant going to manage Newcastle or any other prem side.
He won the league in Scotland, essentially with Celtic in complete disarray, it's a one team league, hardly managerial achievement of the decade is it.

Nailed on, Scottish football is a laughing stock, Celtic in a mess only one challenger left Rangers.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Hazy2 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:40 pm

sheblue wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

Let’s see he is in my opinion the worldwide name the new board might go for, Rangers is as mental as the Toon, perfect preparation. Maybe Brenda ?
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:31 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:Just noticed this in the Guardian, looks like we are not to happy with the Saudi take over - :

The only clubs who will be complaining will be the scum clubs with Yank owners.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum