Barcodes now owned by Saudi lead consortium

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Barcodes now owned by Saudi lead consortium

Postby Dimples » Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:37 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
RodneyRodney wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:Just noticed this in the Guardian, looks like we are not to happy with the Saudi take over - :
. Angry Premier League clubs demand emergency meeting on Newcastle deal
Other 19 clubs united in opposition to Newcastle takeover
Clubs concerned Premier League’s brand could be damaged
Exclusive by David Hytner, Peter Walker and Josh Halliday

The only clubs who will be complaining will be the scum clubs with Yank owners.

Well well, the rag and dipper shills are really opening up with the main artillery look at this by Oliver ( the cunt) Holt, he is earning his corn already, to think his mum ( Emily Nugent from Corrie) is a City fan - :

OLIVER HOLT: Newcastle’s £305m Saudi-backed takeover has underlined once and for all that the Premier League care only about money… even murderers are welcome if they are rich enough
Newcastle's takeover has underlined that the top flight only cares about money
Magpies supporters cannot be blamed for their joy in the Saudi takeover
However, the behaviour of some broadcasters and journalists makes me queasy
Newcastle may have got rid of Mike Ashley but they haven't got their club back
The sale shows that murderers are welcome if they have the money to invest

No punches pulled there Oliver, nice brown envelope awaits you.

It's nothing new ; murderers have been getting helpful refereeing for years . . .

Not sure what you are talking about, ref’s are honest as the day is long … dependant on how long that day is.

Hey Oliver,
ever hear of: Rendition, weapons of mass destruction, central American foreign policy, napalm, the reasons that gave birth to BLM and that the USA is one of Saudi Arabia's closest strategic alliance and a major exporter of weapons to Saudi accompanied by the presence of USA military in Saudi.

Awaiting your articles and opinion on all of the above topics, thanks in advance.
Just for balance as my birthsign is Libra.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby john68 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:04 am

The thing is; Holt is right.
None of our global football institutions have any morals whatsoever when it comes to money and maximising profit.
But while considering the human rights issues in Saudi Arabia and their indiscriminate bombing of the Yemen, Holt is more than remiss to not mention that the good old UK industry is making £Billions of profit by providing the Saudis with the hardware to do so.
Neither is there much mention of FIFA, who despite the human rights issues in Qatar and the number of workers' deaths in the building of the FiFA World Cup stadium and faciltities.

Good luck to the barcodes and hopefully the rags, Scousers and Arses, later joined by the Chavs will see their noses further pushed out by another challenger and the very system they built to keep the money for themselves.

My fear is that the old order will fight back and the media and sponsors will join them in their chase for ever increasing profits and control.
Stand by for SuperLeague part THREE.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby salford city » Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:07 am

^^ Definitely a three on the way
The other non- english clubs will be concerned that another english team may now compete - the spanish and italians are already broke and with all the money being in the PL, they are bound to have another go to try and get a bigger and better deal. Expect both red shites to be up to their armpits in the skull-duggery.
I don't know how UEFA are going to play this, they cannot allow free trade as PSG, City snd to a degree Chelsea have too much money but they've got to allow spending else spain and italy wont get back up to the top table.
Expecting another historical protection for thr old G14 to ring fence either their places and/or their increased spending
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby patrickblue » Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:40 pm

In a year or three it should get very interesting. Arse have already dropped out of the gravy train mainly because we've taken their place, When the Geordies get to the stage of being top 4 every year, then it's one of rags or murderers to miss out. And if Leicester or spuds improve a bit (very unlikely in the case of spuds), then we're looking at a top four devoid of red shite.

Edit: Mind you, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Rags and scouse 2 were put into the CL by UEFA on an 'istry ticket.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby salford city » Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:07 pm

patrickblue wrote:In a year or three it should get very interesting. Arse have already dropped out of the gravy train mainly because we've taken their place, When the Geordies get to the stage of being top 4 every year, then it's one of rags or murderers to miss out. And if Leicester or spuds improve a bit (very unlikely in the case of spuds), then we're looking at a top four devoid of red shite.

Edit: Mind you, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Rags and scouse 2 were put into the CL by UEFA on an 'istry ticket.

This is where we are going Patrick. You know it and the whole world and his dog know it. It is no coincidence that the red shite are on the exec boards of these corrupt shit-shows ti stop this sort of eventuality should the worse happen and they fall off the trough. Wont be long until we get excluded for never winning it.....
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:26 pm

I can’t wait for football to completely implode and then I can take up another love interest.

Maybe grow marijuana on my roof terrace .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Mase » Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:01 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:I can’t wait for football to completely implode and then I can take up another love interest.

Hahaha I’m at the stage now where if football went under I wouldn’t care at all.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Wooders » Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:14 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:I can’t wait for football to completely implode and then I can take up another love interest.

It’s harder and more annoying than it sounds !!
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:05 pm

Wooders wrote:

It’s harder and more annoying than it sounds !!

When I went to South Africa back in 86 it grew everywhere - even in my garden - I smoked more dagga than cheech and Chong back in the day .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Wooders » Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:20 pm

Sorry let me rephrase it, harder than it looks to grow something worth smoking!
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Mase » Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:29 am

Premier League clubs have voted to temporarily block teams agreeing lucrative sponsorship deals linked to a club's owners after the Saudi Arabia-backed £305m takeover of Newcastle.

Eighteen clubs voted in favour of the ban at an emergency meeting on Monday.

Newcastle voted against and Manchester City abstained, with both questioning the legality of the move.

It means a temporary one-month ban on deals linked to club owners while the issue is debated further.

That prevents Newcastle signing sponsorship deals with companies linked to Saudi Arabia's Public Investment Fund (PIF), which owns 80% of the club.

Not including Liverpool, Rags, Chelsea etc, why would any club vote this way?! It seems like the Evertons and Southamptons are desperate not to be taken over and actually improve. Idiots.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:46 pm

Look at what Dan the twat Roan has wrote - :

This is the other 18 clubs making a statement of objection to the Premier League and is sending a statement to the Saudi Arabian owners at Newcastle United and the Abu Dhabi owners at Manchester City, that you can't buy your way to success, there are rules, you've got to play along with the rules and if you're not going to do that then we will take action against you.

Makes you proud to be a licence holder and paying this dicks wages doesn't it
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Nick » Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:33 pm

Retards
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Dimples » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:05 pm

Shows how worried they are and I understand why.

Liverpool, MU, Ars and Spurs fighting over one CL place in three years time. Imagine if another club was bought over by an entity with deep pockets.

If they could implement this rule permanently then I am sure they would try to implement it retrospectively and come after us?

It is crazy though. Really really crazy.
Some owners are blocked from investing in their clubs & infrastructure and their associated communities. While some owners are allowed to load a club with debt, siphon off cash, let the club infrastructure rot and put nothing into their communities.

Madness.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Mase » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:19 pm

How will Liverpool and United get around it with US sponsors? I’m assuming United wouldn’t have been able to be sponsored by Chevrolet years back?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:13 pm

Mase wrote:How will Liverpool and United get around it with US sponsors? I’m assuming United wouldn’t have been able to be sponsored by Chevrolet years back?

The point is Chevrolet do not own the rags the Glazers do but the Eitihad sponsorship is linked to Sheik Mansour, this could get Nasty make no mistake.
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mase » Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:15 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:
Mase wrote:How will Liverpool and United get around it with US sponsors? I’m assuming United wouldn’t have been able to be sponsored by Chevrolet years back?

The point is Chevrolet do not own the rags the Glazers do but the Eitihad sponsorship is linked to Sheik Mansour, this could get Nasty make no mistake.

It just states “linked to club owners” though. I’m sure the Glaziers have mates at Chevrolet.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:32 pm

Mase wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:

It just states “linked to club owners” though. I’m sure the Glaziers have mates at Chevrolet.

Yes they probably do, but they are not in the same corporate group or financial entity, unlike the Sheik, Etihad and City
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Dameerto » Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:48 pm

I hope City's lawyers are taking a VERY close look at all 18 of the clubs voting for this, and THEIR sponsorship deals.
This is very much a future attack on City.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:54 pm

Mase wrote:Premier League clubs have voted to temporarily block teams agreeing lucrative sponsorship deals linked to a club's owners after the Saudi Arabia-backed £305m takeover of Newcastle.

Eighteen clubs voted in favour of the ban at an emergency meeting on Monday.

Newcastle voted against and Manchester City abstained, with both questioning the legality of the move.

It means a temporary one-month ban on deals linked to club owners while the issue is debated further.

That prevents Newcastle signing sponsorship deals with companies linked to Saudi Arabia's Public Investment Fund (PIF), which owns 80% of the club.

Not including Liverpool, Rags, Chelsea etc, why would any club vote this way?! It seems like the Evertons and Southamptons are desperate not to be taken over and actually improve. Idiots.

So, they have now created a cartel that prohibits investment which is against the competition rules. Good luck with that.

Quite simply, every single one of them is worried about their place with the old Scum clubs calling the shots with their US owners. Why have the media not called all these owners out for taking so much money out of it and treating like their own piggy bank rather than investing in sporting integrity? The answer to that is all to do with the wonga they are making off the back of a sport that they have long lost interest in keeping the integrity.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum