David Brooks diagnosed with cancer

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

David Brooks diagnosed with cancer

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:42 pm

Just saw this on the beeb, ex blue i think - :

Wales and Bournemouth midfielder David Brooks has revealed he has been diagnosed with cancer.

The 24-year-old said he has Stage 2 Hodgkin lymphoma but that "the prognosis is a positive one" and will start treatment next week.

Brooks, who has won 21 Wales caps, was on international duty last week and credits the Wales medical team for helping detect the illness.

"This is a very difficult message for me to write," said Brooks.

"I have been diagnosed with Stage 2 Hodgkin lymphoma and will begin a course of treatment next week.

"Although this has come as a shock to myself and my family, the prognosis is a positive one and I am confident that I will make a full recovery and be back playing as soon as possible."

Hodgkin lymphoma is a cancer of the lymphatic system, an important part of the immune system.

"I'd like to show my appreciation to the doctors, nurses, consultants and staff who have been treating me for their professionalism, warmth and understanding during this period," Brooks said.

"I want to thank everyone at the Football Association of Wales because without the swift attention of their medical team we may not have detected the illness.

"I'd also like to say thank you to AFC Bournemouth for all of their support and assistance this past week."

Brooks has played nine times for Championship side Bournemouth this season, scoring three goals, but his football career will now be on hold as he begins treatment.

"Although I appreciate that there will be media attention and interest, I would like to ask that my privacy is respected in the coming months and I will share updates on my progress when I am able to do so," Brooks added.

"In the meantime, thank you to everyone for their messages of support - it means so much and will continue to do so in the months ahead.

"I look forward to seeing you all again and playing the sport I love very soon."

Both Wales and Bournemouth have offered their support and best wishes to Brooks during his treatment.

Brooks, who made three appearances for Wales at Euro 2020, last played in the Cherries' goalless draw against Peterborough on 29 September, when he came off after 69 minutes.

Wales announced on 6 October that he had withdrawn from their latest squad through illness

Hope the lad beats this awful disease.
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: David Brooks diagnosed with cancer

Postby nottsblue » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:20 pm

Fucks sake. Terrible news for the lad. Fingers crossed he makes a full recovery and is able to continue his career
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Tokyo Blue » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:48 pm

nottsblue wrote:Fucks sake. Terrible news for the lad. Fingers crossed he makes a full recovery and is able to continue his career

I'll drink to that. Best of luck to him.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:40 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Fucks sake. Terrible news for the lad. Fingers crossed he makes a full recovery and is able to continue his career

I'll drink to that. Best of luck to him.

All the best with treatment.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby ruralblue » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:49 pm

How old??? Jesus! Hope the lad makes a full recovery.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby sheblue » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:19 pm

Rotten luck, very best wishes, 24 is only a kid.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby georgecorbett » Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:58 am

Cordless Vs. Corded Vacuum Cleaner: Which One You Should Choose?

Since the creation and development of Best Rated Vacuum Cleaners, household chores seem to become more convenient, requiring less effort and time.

However, due to a range of different cleaners, it is widely considered which kind of vacuum is better: corded or cordless?

Both have their specific features, advantages, and disadvantages. Let's scroll down to have more information about which is best for your need!

Corded Vacuum Cleaner: Pros and Cons

PROS

• Light and compact
  • Not limited by cord length
  • It can be transformed into the handheld mode easily
  • Easy to store
CONS

• Shorter battery life
  • Small dust cup
  • Need to be maintained frequently
  • It might be more complex to charge

Cordless Vacuum Cleaner: Pros and Cons

PROS

• Incredible suction power
  • A long time of use
  • Typically cheap
  • Large dust cup
  • Easy to reach tight spots
CONS

• A limited cord length
  • Bulkier
Cordless Vs. Corded vacuum: An Exact Comparison

Battery Life

Of course, in battery life, a corded vacuum is the winner cause it is operated with electricity. So you would never have to be worried about running out of battery while using the corded one.

Concerning the cordless vacuum, it requires regular charges after each time cleaning. Typically, an average cordless one can run from 20 to 40 minutes. However, for high-end vacuums like Dyson V11, the time can last up to 60 minutes. That is to say; it is suitable for cleaning carpets, floors, and furniture.

When the machine is out of battery, the charging time might range from 3 to 16 hours.

According to Best vacuum cleaner reviews, once you are annoyed for a long time, pick up a cordless vacuum featuring a lithium-ion, high-voltage battery. As a result, the specific vacuum always has a more substantial suction power, a longer running time, and likely shorter charging hours.

Flexibility

Secondly, flexibility, as well as versatility, is the main difference between the corded and cordless.

In reality, the cordless vacuum seems to be more flexible. Usually, the machine weighs under eight pounds, coming with a lightweight design.

Additionally, without the limited cord, you can carry the vacuum everywhere. It is best for removing dirt or pet hair on cars, under low furniture, deep crevices, and stairs. Plus, it can transform into a handheld vacuum to run through hard-to-reach places.

On the other hand, the corded vacuum is less versatile. In addition, due to its bulky design and heaviness, users find it harder to maneuver.

Significantly, the cord might limit your cleaning place. It needs a plug to operate.

For some, they are frustrated to stay away from the cord blocking under their feet continually.

Suction Power

Last but not least, the suction power is another crucial factor to think about.

Between two average cordless and corded vacuum, the latter often have more impressive power.

However, the cordless ones that have a lithium battery attached, the power is equally efficient.

So if you are hopelessly finding a cord-free cleaner, opting for the one with lithium batteries is my advice.

Read The Article: Find the Best Vacuum Cleaner with Our Top Ratings

Final Words

In summary, the above are complete comparisons between corded and cordless vacuum cleaners.

Hopefully, you can own a suitable cleaner to do your chores through my information.
georgecorbett
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Return to The Maine Football forum