PL Games October 16/17/18

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: PL Games October 16/17/18

Postby zuricity » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:20 pm

Outcast wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:
Outcast wrote:
LB2 wrote:After our game against them, it feels a little like a few seasons back where Mahrez missed the pen that would have put a nice early stall on their progress, they ended up almost going unbeaten all season but for our win later in the season. Let's hope that someone gives them a beating ASAP, as per my comment on another thread, they ride that wave better than anyone. When they are high and the belief is there (added with the luck and dodgy reffing/VAR) they become pretty tough to control.

Thats why I'd welcome a Scum win at the weekend.

They are one or two injuries from collapsing. African nations cup in January 2022 will take its toll, they'll lose Mane and Salah. Defensively they're shite this season. I don't think they'll win it, if we stay in touching distance we'll overtake them. My main worry is Chelsea.

Remember saying the same thing that season, but they went on with no real injuries didn't they?

Their top players didn't have international commitments and their defence weren't conceding that season. They're pretty shaky at the back despite VVD presence, they're relying heavily on Salah. I'm not saying they're not dangerous and I'm not dismissing them, I just think they'll fall just short. Well I'm hoping they do, I can't bear the thought of them winning it

I would say they are pretty shaky in defence, inspite of Van Halen being there. They are a few moves away from a Villa toggering again.

They got lucky against us, Milner proved his age , wait until it gets cold and his age begins to tell.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:36 pm

Talk about shaky, check out Arsenal tonight.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby nottsblue » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:55 pm

Arsenal get out of jail with a goal a minute after added time had run out.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby zuricity » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:58 pm

nottsblue wrote:Arsenal get out of jail with a goal a minute after added time had run out.

palace only have themselves to blame. It wasn't necessary at the end to give them a corner. Defender should have done better.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby nottsblue » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:11 pm

zuricity wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Arsenal get out of jail with a goal a minute after added time had run out.

palace only have themselves to blame. It wasn't necessary at the end to give them a corner. Defender should have done better.

Yes it was a needless corner to concede. But the referee should have blown for time at least 40 seconds before the goal was scored.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby zuricity » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:56 pm

nottsblue wrote:
zuricity wrote:

Yes it was a needless corner to concede. But the referee should have blown for time at least 40 seconds before the goal was scored.

Some of these elite Footballers have sawdust for brains.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Mase » Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:07 am

nottsblue wrote:
zuricity wrote:

I think the ref blew for halftime when Palace had a corner as well, not allowing them to take it.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum