PL Games October 16/17/18

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: PL Games October 16/17/18

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:45 pm

Hammers 1-0 up at Everton, doing well at the moment
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:30 pm

Fuck me you would think Amnesty International need to rock up at St James Park, all this human rights stuff, fucking hypocritical twats are the media
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:33 pm

Get in barcodes 1-0 already fuck Spurs
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby nottsblue » Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:04 pm

2-1 Spuds now. Nice finish from Kane for the second and Ndombele’s strike for the first wasn’t too shabby either

Good game so far
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby zuricity » Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:14 pm

Games stopped for a serious event in the crowd - The Spuds medics have gone over to the scene.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Dimples » Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:55 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Dimples wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Dimples wrote:Hard to know who is in who's pocket?
Is Taylor getting paid off by the Russians or is it the PL issuing the instructions or the old Cartel of clubs......

What is certain is that the PL is clearly bent.

When you seek assurance the you only have to to see future appointments. That tells you everything you need to know.

MotD did not show the incident. Another understanding.

Football laundering.
Great game, Brentford put it up to them, very unlucky not to score, on another day they would have....... anything dodgy just washed away.....

It’s happening more and more, and very noticeable to those that take a keen interest. I’m not sure that there’s any doubt anymore whether the game is being manipulated with the main broadcasters deliberately failing to highlight issues for the good of the ‘brand’.

If there are four challengers then this is good for the PL 'brand' i.e. more subscriptions for the main broadcasters. I am not a conspiracy theorist but I do believe what I see - week in, week out. Chelsea got a dig out yesterday and that keeps the most exciting league in the world - exciting.
I did not see the Rags game yesterday but I am told by people who did, that the ref gave every decision he possible could to the Rags and none to Leicester. If the teams were evenly matched that could have been enough for a Rag win and help keep the top even more 'exciting' to maximize the $$$$s rolling in for the broadcasters.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby sheblue » Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:31 pm

Oh I see the big fairly tale take over party game ain't going to well.
They Will probably sack elephant man tonight.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby nottsblue » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:51 pm

Aguero makes his debut for Barcelona
Came on in the 89th minute
nottsblue

Postby Dimples » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:54 am

This season the Dippers are a worry, scoring for fun, reenergized(???), Salah on fire, VAR if things start going pear shaped, etc...

But longer term I think they are in trouble but maybe I am just plain delusional?
Most of their most important players are getting on.
The front three, Henderson and VVD are the heart of that team and they all +29 years of age.
At best they (particularly the front three) have two seasons left in them before loss of pace and inability to press becomes an issue (particularly with the type of game Klopp demands).
How will Liverpool replace them? Even if replacements were readily available in the market place, those 5 would cost a fortune to replace, a fortune Liverpool's owners will be very reluctant to spend. Also, they do not appear to have ready replacements coming through the academy either. And then they have the contract issues. Are they going to pay top $ for 4 years to 29 year olds?
In two years time Newcastle will be emerging as a force, complicating any transfer bidding wars that may occur.
Klopp says he is leaving in 2024. That is beginning to look like a smart move perfectly timed?

Anybody got any opinions on this?
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Kippax Sean » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:48 pm

Scouse will be fighting us all the way in the league along with chelsea. Hopefully they'll drop points in drawn games because not too many teams will out score them.
Kippax Sean
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Kun Aguero / Neil mcnab

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:31 pm

Dimples wrote:This season the Dippers are a worry, scoring for fun, reenergized(???), Salah on fire, VAR if things start going pear shaped, etc...

But longer term I think they are in trouble but maybe I am just plain delusional?
The front three, Henderson and VVD are the heart of that team and they all +29 years of age.
At best they (particularly the front three) have two seasons left in them before loss of pace and inability to press becomes an issue (particularly with the type of game Klopp demands).
How will Liverpool replace them? Even if replacements were readily available in the market place, those 5 would cost a fortune to replace, a fortune Liverpool's owners will be very reluctant to spend. Also, they do not appear to have ready replacements coming through the academy either. And then they have the contract issues. Are they going to pay top $ for 4 years to 29 year olds?
In two years time Newcastle will be emerging as a force, complicating any transfer bidding wars that may occur.
Klopp says he is leaving in 2024. That is beginning to look like a smart move perfectly timed?

After our game against them, it feels a little like a few seasons back where Mahrez missed the pen that would have put a nice early stall on their progress, they ended up almost going unbeaten all season but for our win later in the season. Let's hope that someone gives them a beating ASAP, as per my comment on another thread, they ride that wave better than anyone. When they are high and the belief is there (added with the luck and dodgy reffing/VAR) they become pretty tough to control.

Thats why I'd welcome a Scum win at the weekend.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Outcast » Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:56 pm

london blue 2 wrote:
Dimples wrote:This season the Dippers are a worry, scoring for fun, reenergized(???), Salah on fire, VAR if things start going pear shaped, etc...

After our game against them, it feels a little like a few seasons back where Mahrez missed the pen that would have put a nice early stall on their progress, they ended up almost going unbeaten all season but for our win later in the season. Let's hope that someone gives them a beating ASAP, as per my comment on another thread, they ride that wave better than anyone. When they are high and the belief is there (added with the luck and dodgy reffing/VAR) they become pretty tough to control.

They are one or two injuries from collapsing. African nations cup in January 2022 will take its toll, they'll lose Mane and Salah. Defensively they're shite this season. I don't think they'll win it, if we stay in touching distance we'll overtake them. My main worry is Chelsea.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby salford city » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:55 pm

Outcast wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:

They are one or two injuries from collapsing. African nations cup in January 2022 will take its toll, they'll lose Mane and Salah. Defensively they're shite this season. I don't think they'll win it, if we stay in touching distance we'll overtake them. My main worry is Chelsea.

Did not know it was ACN in January just looked it up and there it is. Mane and Salah are big misses but they do still have Jota and Fiminho - not as prolific -may look up scouse fixtures next over that period
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:52 pm

Outcast wrote:
LB2 wrote:After our game against them, it feels a little like a few seasons back where Mahrez missed the pen that would have put a nice early stall on their progress, they ended up almost going unbeaten all season but for our win later in the season. Let's hope that someone gives them a beating ASAP, as per my comment on another thread, they ride that wave better than anyone. When they are high and the belief is there (added with the luck and dodgy reffing/VAR) they become pretty tough to control.

Remember saying the same thing that season, but they went on with no real injuries didn't they?
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:01 pm

salford city wrote:
Outcast wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:

Did not know it was ACN in January just looked it up and there it is. Mane and Salah are big misses but they do still have Jota and Fiminho - not as prolific -may look up scouse fixtures next over that period[/q

Dippers fixtures in January, I guess there will be some FA cup dates to add to that, but not that easy are they - :

Sunday 2nd January
PREMIER LEAGUE
Chelsea
16:30
Liverpool
Saturday 15th January
PREMIER LEAGUE
Liverpool
15:00
Brentford
Saturday 22nd January
PREMIER LEAGUE
Crystal Palace
15:00
Liverpool
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby PeterParker » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:20 pm

PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby nottsblue » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:49 pm

Very valid points in there. Two years though is a long time and a lot can happen. I am concerned that THIS season they are looking very formidable going forward and the two full backs are playing higher up the pitch than last season, probably because they have VVD back, which means they are more potent. Yes they are an aging side but there is still plenty of legs in them yet.

The biggest issue for the dippers IMO is Salah. He wants a huge payday for his next contract and comments like Klopp saying he is the world's best on form at the moment will only make him and his agent want more money. After all, if the club say he is the best player then surely they should renumerate him as such.

They are scoring goals for fun at the moment, literally steamrollering sides. They and Chelsea are our biggest worry, not the shower over at the swamp
nottsblue

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:57 pm

Thought I’d tune into Sky for MNF to see what Paddy V and Arteta had to say only to be confronted with a full dissection of the Rags loss to Leicester. No praise for Leicester, just how the Rags need to improve.

They don’t even try to hide it and if that’s the case, why bother hiding it during the games? Leicester go near fuck all from the ref and still managed to beat them.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Outcast » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:31 pm

london blue 2 wrote:
Outcast wrote:
LB2 wrote:After our game against them, it feels a little like a few seasons back where Mahrez missed the pen that would have put a nice early stall on their progress, they ended up almost going unbeaten all season but for our win later in the season. Let's hope that someone gives them a beating ASAP, as per my comment on another thread, they ride that wave better than anyone. When they are high and the belief is there (added with the luck and dodgy reffing/VAR) they become pretty tough to control.

Remember saying the same thing that season, but they went on with no real injuries didn't they?

Their top players didn't have international commitments and their defence weren't conceding that season. They're pretty shaky at the back despite VVD presence, they're relying heavily on Salah. I'm not saying they're not dangerous and I'm not dismissing them, I just think they'll fall just short. Well I'm hoping they do, I can't bear the thought of them winning it
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Original Dub » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:18 pm

Of course they want the stars from their golden age to still be on top.

Even if most of what you're watching is fake.

Kind of like Gemma Jameson towards the end of her career :D
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Haaland

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum