***Offical City vs Burnley match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Offical City vs Burnley match thread***

Postby s1ty m » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:21 pm

For clarity on Cancelo. If this lad is a full back, I am Charlie Chaplain. He has a tremendous value on the right, further forward. Defensively, no thank you.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:25 pm

s1ty m wrote:Went to the game today. Pretty disappointing display, I thought. Yes, we are spoiled because of the standards we set, but that was piss. Cancelo was awful, must have passed it to Burnley 20 times. Sterling needs a new club and KDB is mysteriously below par. One good striker will ignite this team and justify the favourites odds for the title with Betfair. 3 points and a clean sheet but I was disappointed not to see a little more from the lads today. We move on.

I’m with you, mate, but once again we come back to the PL after another gruelling 2 weeks for our players. When you consider that we are without our South American players and that our first team’ers having played the majority of minutes in the internationals, the game was perfectly placed for the likes of Burnley to ask us to expend energy that we haven’t got, to try and break the 11 man defence down.

We had many shots/chances but the majority were from long range and/or skyed. That’s what teams do now, even the best teams in this league, pack the box and try and do us on the break.

Today, for me, was a very good day, considering.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby sheblue » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:58 pm

Very happy with the result yesterday. Performance wasn't wonderful but heyho they all can't be.
After those international rubbish breaks, we don't normally play at our best anyway. First choice keeper away, and oppo with 11 in the box. That's never easy.
Tough game next week.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum