man city fan fighting for his life update 2

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

man city fan fighting for his life update 2

Postby stevefromdonny » Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:34 am

A Manchester City fan is in hospital after he was attacked while travelling home from Tuesday's Champions League game against Club Brugge.

The Belgium-based supporter was attacked at a service station on the E40 motorway in Drongen.

He was taken to a hospital in Ghent.

Manchester City said in a statement: "Everyone at Manchester City is shocked and saddened to hear reports of an attack on one of our supporters after the Champions League game in Bruges last night.

"We are currently working with our counterparts at Club Brugge as well as Belgian and Greater Manchester Police to establish more information.

"Our thoughts and best wishes go out to the family and friends of the Belgian-based supporter, who remains in hospital."
Last edited by stevefromdonny on Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Re: man city fan fighting for his life

Postby stevefromdonny » Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:36 am

in this day everyone who goes to a game [ any fan of any club ] should go home and not fighting for his life
hope he does recover but not sounding good
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby stevefromdonny » Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:37 am

Brugge added: "Club Brugge was horrified to learn of the events at the E40 motorway parking lot in Drongen where a Manchester City supporter, who had previously been a guest at the Jan Breydel Stadium, was attacked.

"Club Brugge strongly disapproves of all criminal behaviour, both inside and outside the stadium and puts tolerance first. Our thoughts go out to the family and friends of the Manchester City supporter."
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby ross.mcfc » Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:40 am

Does anyone know who this is? Their initials will suffice

I have a mate who is 63 who was at the game and I haven't been able to get hold of him this morning.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Mase » Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:42 am

Their fans seemed like absolute cunts tbf. Throwing bottles at the players after the Cancelo goal.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby stevefromdonny » Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:49 am

ross.mcfc wrote:Does anyone know who this is? Their initials will suffice

I have a mate who is 63 who was at the game and I haven't been able to get hold of him this morning.

he is from Belgium think he is chairman of the supporters club there
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby stevefromdonny » Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:01 am

Blue Moon Belgium | Facebook

this is their Facebook site if any1 wants to put something on it
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby stevefromdonny » Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:57 pm

Belgian authorities have confirmed five arrests were made after a Manchester City fan was left in critical condition following an attack in Drongen.

Guido De Pauw, 63, two friends and his son were in a car park when a Club Brugge fan took his scarf and struck him in the head.

The East Flanders Public Prosecutor's office released a statement to confirm that an investigation is under way.

What has been said?
“Last night around 10.40pm, an incident took place in the parking lot of the E40 Drongen towards Brussels,” it begins.

“A man wearing a Manchester City scarf had stopped his car in Drongen after the Club Brugge - Manchester City football match and had gone into a shop.

“According to the first findings of the investigation, his football scarf was taken in the shop by a suspect and he walked outside with it.

“Subsequently, the victim came into confrontation with some suspects in the parking lot, and ended up on the ground after being physically assaulted.

“The emergency services arrived on the scene. The victim, a 63-year-old man from Ninove, was taken to hospital. He is in mortal danger. There were a number of witnesses to the facts.

“Due to these facts, the police arrested five people during the night. They were arrested by order of the East Flanders Public Prosecutor's Office. The investigation is in full swing.”
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Re: man city fan fighting for his life 5 people arrested

Postby Mase » Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:14 pm

Hope the five arrested die
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Re: man city fan fighting for his life 5 people arrested

Postby sheblue » Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:35 pm

Disgusting. All just because he was wearing a city scarf. Hope he pulls through.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Re: man city fan fighting for his life update

Postby stevefromdonny » Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:25 am

Five men were arrested after a 63-year-old City fan, who is Belgian, was hospitalised after being attacked at a service station on the E40 motorway in Drongen on Tuesday, following the 5-1 win for City at the Jan Breydel Stadium.

One suspect has been charged with theft with violence and theft with aggravated violence, another with intentional beatings and incapacitating injuries, and all five with culpable negligence, the East Flanders prosecutor's office said in a statement on Friday.

The five men were brought before a judge in the city of Ghent on Thursday. Three have been released under strict conditions, including a ban on attending football matches, and two have remained detained, prosecutors added.

Prosecutors said on Wednesday the victim had life-threatening injuries. In their latest update on Friday, they said he was "still in a coma but his condition is now stable"
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:48 pm

stevefromdonny wrote:Five men were arrested after a 63-year-old City fan, who is Belgian, was hospitalised after being attacked at a service station on the E40 motorway in Drongen on Tuesday, following the 5-1 win for City at the Jan Breydel Stadium.

One suspect has been charged with theft with violence and theft with aggravated violence, another with intentional beatings and incapacitating injuries, and all five with culpable negligence, the East Flanders prosecutor's office said in a statement on Friday.

The five men were brought before a judge in the city of Ghent on Thursday. Three have been released under strict conditions, including a ban on attending football matches, and two have remained detained, prosecutors added.

Prosecutors said on Wednesday the victim had life-threatening injuries. In their latest update on Friday, they said he was "still in a coma but his condition is now stable"

This is so sad, hope the guy pulls through and makes full recovery
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby CTID Hants » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:04 pm

Pep did this afternoons Presser wearing a T-Shirt with the words printed on it

We're With you Guido

He then opened with....

“On behalf of everyone at the club, for him we are quite optimistic. In the last hours he is getting better and has the support from everyone at the club..

"A big hug for him and his family. We wish him to be back at the stadium. It's difficult to understand why this terrible kind of thing will happen.”
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Mase » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:25 pm

CTID Hants wrote:Pep did this afternoons Presser wearing a T-Shirt with the words printed on it

We're With you Guido

He then opened with....

“On behalf of everyone at the club, for him we are quite optimistic. In the last hours he is getting better and has the support from everyone at the club..

"A big hug for him and his family. We wish him to be back at the stadium. It's difficult to understand why this terrible kind of thing will happen.”

That’s great from Pep
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:42 pm

Mase wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:Pep did this afternoons Presser wearing a T-Shirt with the words printed on it

We're With you Guido

He then opened with....

That’s great from Pep

Proper quality that is
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:47 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Mase wrote:

We're With you Guido

He then opened with....

That’s great from Pep

Proper quality that is

Pure class
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby zuricity » Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:13 pm

Yes , the ex Presi of the Swiss Supporters Branch knows the guy from his time in Belgium , prior to living in Switzerland. He has been in contact with is son to express the Solidarity . A Belgian, City fan for a long ,long time.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:33 pm

Scumbag cunts, not fans, should be afforded the full force of the law. How anybody could attack anybody for turning up to a game, especially somebody of his era, is a fucking disgrace. Shithouse cunts who don’t understand the reality of what can happen, as long as they look good in front of their mates.

These people were the piss-ants that I got a slap off a teacher for because I was looking after those that were bullied.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:37 pm

PS. Well done City, hopefully Guido will get through and see what’s been said. KDB a personal touch.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:08 am

Only just seen this, really horrible stuff.

Well done Pep for speaking up.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum