Sir Bernando

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Sir Bernando

Postby Nick » Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:00 pm

Hes birds actually angin
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Fri Dec 31, 2021 3:29 am

He’s not been great for the last few games which has coincided with the return of KDB to starting lineup ! He was our best player by far before that, so why is it that when he and KDB are on the pitch together, he sort of fades out ??
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby stupot » Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:00 am

Dubaimancityfan wrote:He’s not been great for the last few games which has coincided with the return of KDB to starting lineup ! He was our best player by far before that, so why is it that when he and KDB are on the pitch together, he sort of fades out ??

He was great at the Swamp. KDB played. He was great at the dippers, KDB played. It's probably more to do with the fact he's played practically every game. There was talk of fatigue during the last international break.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby PeterParker » Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:31 am

stupot wrote:
Dubaimancityfan wrote:He’s not been great for the last few games which has coincided with the return of KDB to starting lineup ! He was our best player by far before that, so why is it that when he and KDB are on the pitch together, he sort of fades out ??

He was great at the Swamp. KDB played. He was great at the dippers, KDB played. It's probably more to do with the fact he's played practically every game. There was talk of fatigue during the last international break.

Agree. Saw that with Rubby also, who, IMHO, needs a rest.
He was not his usual self with Leicester and Brent.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby stupot » Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:37 am

PeterParker wrote:
stupot wrote:

Agree. Saw that with Rubby also, who, IMHO, needs a rest.
He was not his usual self with Leicester and Brent.

Yep, and Cancelo. Luckily after the Arsenal game we've got 2 weeks to the Chelsea game. He can rest them against Swindon hopefully.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:34 pm

Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby sheblue » Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:47 am

Mase wrote:

That would be very good news indeed.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby stupot » Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:22 pm

He's just picked his best ever Portuguese PL team.
Love his comments, he's put Ruben alongside Carvalho and about Ruben he said " the best centre back in the world".
He's got himself and Deco centre midfield and he's said "I could have gone with Bruno Fernandes but Deco was unbelievable.
Full team. Rui Patricio GK
Ferreira RB
Dias, Carvalho CB
Cancelo LB ( Joao will kill me because i didn't put him RB but he's so good he can play either so i'm putting him left)
Moutinho DM
Deco, Bernardo CM
Nani, Jota, Ronaldo Front 3.

Let's himself down with the attack..... Nani !!!!
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:32 pm

Nani and Jota instead of Figo :lol:
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:05 pm

No Eusebio?
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby stupot » Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:07 pm

Portuguese PL team, had to have played in the Prem.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:08 pm

stupot wrote:Portuguese PL team, had to have played in the Prem.

Ah okay.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby stupot » Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:10 pm

Mase wrote:

Ah okay.

Still got to be a better bet than Nani, surely.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:57 pm

stupot wrote:
Mase wrote:

Ah okay.

Still got to be a better bet than Nani, surely.

Any player from Wolves. 90% of their team is Portuguese.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby s1ty m » Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:38 pm

stupot wrote:He's just picked his best ever Portuguese PL team.
Love his comments, he's put Ruben alongside Carvalho and about Ruben he said " the best centre back in the world".
He's got himself and Deco centre midfield and he's said "I could have gone with Bruno Fernandes but Deco was unbelievable.
Full team. Rui Patricio GK
Ferreira RB
Dias, Carvalho CB
Cancelo LB ( Joao will kill me because i didn't put him RB but he's so good he can play either so i'm putting him left)
Moutinho DM
Deco, Bernardo CM
Nani, Jota, Ronaldo Front 3.

Let's himself down with the attack..... Nani !!!!

Interesting that he sees himself in the middle.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Mase » Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:53 pm

Bernardo Silva has opened up on his request to leave Manchester City over the summer, telling fans it had nothing to do with his affection for the club. It emerged over the summer that Bernardo was looking for a transfer out of City, and his stance was confirmed at the start of the new season by Pep Guardiola.

City did not receive any acceptable bids for Bernardo, however, so the Portuguese midfielder has remained at the Etihad this season and has shown signs of his very best form since joining the club.

Now, in an interview with the Times, Bernardo has explained how the pandemic made him homesick and that was the driving factor behind his desire to leave.

He said : “People suffered much more than us but for me it was tough because I was far away from my family. Before I used to go to Portugal for a couple of days and have dinner with my mum and dad. It was just dinner but you’re with your parents so it’s nice. To not be able to do that was difficult.

“It was not a nice moment to be honest. For a while I was alone in my flat. Later my girlfriend came. It was bad for everyone. I could see in my team-mates’ faces that it was tough for them too.”

“I was feeling a little bit alone at the time in England and I wasn’t very happy with my life. And if you’re not happy, you don’t do your job as well as you do when you are happy. I was well physically, but if you don’t do your job with a smile on your face, you’re not going to do it as well.

“I had a talk with the club because I wasn’t happy with my life here, and I wanted to be closer to my family. But it had nothing to do with the club. I love Manchester City. I love my team-mates, I love the fans, I love the club.

Afterwards, nothing happened. I stayed, and I will always give my best for this club as long as I stay here.”

Bernardo then offered an update on his future, saying he intends to sit down with the club at the end of the season to discuss whether he wants to stay, leave, or sign a new contract.

He said: “At the end of the season, I’m going to sit down with City and see what’s best for both sides. We’re in the middle of the season and we want to win a lot of important trophies.

"We can win all three of them, or zero, or one. Now is not a good time to talk about [my future].”
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PeterParker » Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:22 pm

I hope he stays forever, but if he goes, then we really need to be smart because Ginger Socrates and Mr. Whippy are not getting younger.

I think we should make everything we can to keep him. Suck him off if needed.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Hazy2 » Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:37 pm

Mase wrote:Bernardo Silva has opened up on his request to leave Manchester City over the summer, telling fans it had nothing to do with his affection for the club. It emerged over the summer that Bernardo was looking for a transfer out of City, and his stance was confirmed at the start of the new season by Pep Guardiola.

City did not receive any acceptable bids for Bernardo, however, so the Portuguese midfielder has remained at the Etihad this season and has shown signs of his very best form since joining the club.

Now, in an interview with the Times, Bernardo has explained how the pandemic made him homesick and that was the driving factor behind his desire to leave.

He said : “People suffered much more than us but for me it was tough because I was far away from my family. Before I used to go to Portugal for a couple of days and have dinner with my mum and dad. It was just dinner but you’re with your parents so it’s nice. To not be able to do that was difficult.

“It was not a nice moment to be honest. For a while I was alone in my flat. Later my girlfriend came. It was bad for everyone. I could see in my team-mates’ faces that it was tough for them too.”

“I was feeling a little bit alone at the time in England and I wasn’t very happy with my life. And if you’re not happy, you don’t do your job as well as you do when you are happy. I was well physically, but if you don’t do your job with a smile on your face, you’re not going to do it as well.

“I had a talk with the club because I wasn’t happy with my life here, and I wanted to be closer to my family. But it had nothing to do with the club. I love Manchester City. I love my team-mates, I love the fans, I love the club.

Afterwards, nothing happened. I stayed, and I will always give my best for this club as long as I stay here.”

Bernardo then offered an update on his future, saying he intends to sit down with the club at the end of the season to discuss whether he wants to stay, leave, or sign a new contract.

He said: “At the end of the season, I’m going to sit down with City and see what’s best for both sides. We’re in the middle of the season and we want to win a lot of important trophies.

"We can win all three of them, or zero, or one. Now is not a good time to talk about [my future].”

To me that’s, nothings changed I see myself leaving.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Nickyboy » Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:00 pm

If that's the case then he will still go with my blessing. Will be gutted for him to go but he's been honest and he's been amazing this year, never lets us down.
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby CTID Hants » Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:30 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
Mase wrote:Bernardo Silva has opened up on his request to leave Manchester City over the summer, telling fans it had nothing to do with his affection for the club. It emerged over the summer that Bernardo was looking for a transfer out of City, and his stance was confirmed at the start of the new season by Pep Guardiola.

To me that’s, nothings changed I see myself leaving.

To me and any level headed human being, it means it his choice and nobody has the right to judge him.

Simple as that and it is not like he's gone missing this season.

Would I like him to say, fuck yes !!!!

Surely the last rwo years has taught us all about mental well being. I challenge anyone on here to tell me that they are 1000% the same person they were beforehand.

I totally respect Bernardo re-evaluating what is right for HIM.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum