PL Games October 22/23/24

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: PL Games October 22/23/24

Postby Mase » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:16 pm

Just seen the replay of Ronaldo on Jones. Was he yellow carded or can it be looked at?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby nottsblue » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:18 pm

Mase wrote:Just seen the replay of Ronaldo on Jones. Was he yellow carded or can it be looked at?

Given a yellow
VAR looked at it but didn't seem it a red card offence as he kicked the ball, not the man
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mase » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:23 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Mase wrote:Just seen the replay of Ronaldo on Jones. Was he yellow carded or can it be looked at?

Given a yellow
VAR looked at it but didn't seem it a red card offence as he kicked the ball, not the man

Wow.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby PeterParker » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:40 pm

Piss aside and laughing aside, this is the worst outcome possible on a long term.
Ole is done and will be sacked soon and those murdering dopey cunts gained momentum again and are in a similar form like 18/19. A team that will get the decisions and will not drop points so we need to be at our very possible best.

As always, we will go full-on the quadruple, while they will settle on UCL and the league. Hope this year injuries will affect them, but Kloppos juices are known to keep his players fit.

The laughing is gone, it is a bad result for us.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby zuricity » Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:28 pm

^^^^^^^

no it is not a bad result for us.

All we can do is win our games. Clearly there is something wrong at Old Toilet.

We went to Klanfield and got a point and should have got three.

City were given a very tough start to the season.

now we have to rock on from here.

When you have to start 36 year olds in your team ( Milner , who is now out for a few weeks ), You are a weak squad.

They will crumble.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby zuricity » Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:34 pm

loved this , to quote
"I must say I was impressed by the fire drill at old Trafford. "
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby branny » Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:42 pm

zuricity wrote:^^^^^^^

When you have to start 36 year olds in your team ( Milner , who is now out for a few weeks ), You are a weak squad.

They will crumble.

They'll lose Salah, Mané and Keita for the AFCON in January too.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby branny » Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:49 pm

PeterParker wrote:Piss aside and laughing aside, this is the worst outcome possible on a long term.
Ole is done and will be sacked soon and those murdering dopey cunts gained momentum again and are in a similar form like 18/19. A team that will get the decisions and will not drop points so we need to be at our very possible best.

As always, we will go full-on the quadruple, while they will settle on UCL and the league. Hope this year injuries will affect them, but Kloppos juices are known to keep his players fit.

People keep saying his time is up and he's going to be sacked and ordinarily I'd agree that his days are numbered but we're talking about the Glazers here. They care about money more than they care about the club. Solskjaer has only just signed a three year deal, reported to be on £9m per year. If they sack him it's going to cost them a fair wedge to get rid which they won't like parting with. I think we're OK for the time being.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:50 pm

branny wrote:
zuricity wrote:^^^^^^^

They will crumble.

They'll lose Salah, Mané and Keita for the AFCON in January too.

Just as we hit our stride - tough luck for them, eh? So a 2 horse race from then... :D
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby nottsblue » Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:09 pm

branny wrote:
PeterParker wrote:Piss aside and laughing aside, this is the worst outcome possible on a long term.

People keep saying his time is up and he's going to be sacked and ordinarily I'd agree that his days are numbered but we're talking about the Glazers here. They care about money more than they care about the club. Solskjaer has only just signed a three year deal, reported to be on £9m per year. If they sack him it's going to cost them a fair wedge to get rid which they won't like parting with. I think we're OK for the time being.

Exactly. Been saying this all season
nottsblue

Postby s1ty m » Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:20 pm

I take comfort in the fact that we absolutely dominated them the other week, dominating Chelsea too. We are the best team and have a record of stringing together runs that others cannot cope with. We are in that challenge now.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Dimples » Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:59 pm

Agree that the result today was horrendous for us.
OGS will be gone, Dippers gain momentum and worryingly they have their 'energy' back.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby PeterParker » Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:57 am

branny wrote:

I hope Fergie and the Glazers will keep him because he is doing a terrific job there, however, I think they realised they can't challenge with him in charge. The problem is that they lost last year with the criminal cunts when a draw could kept the fuckers out of UCL and yesterday they helped their morale big time and now we will never hear the end of.

The rags are not a challenge, they are too inconstant and bringing Tranny really fucked them. They were ok until he came and then everything went to shit. On the other hand, the scouse cunts look like they are slowly reaching their best form of the season, some might say super early, however, they will keep the steam up there because, well, you know.

The Glazers were humiliated yesterday in front of another american bunch and they will not like that, imho.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby nottsblue » Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:25 am

PeterParker wrote:
branny wrote:

I hope Fergie and the Glazers will keep him because he is doing a terrific job there, however, I think they realised they can't challenge with him in charge. The problem is that they lost last year with the criminal cunts when a draw could kept the fuckers out of UCL and yesterday they helped their morale big time and now we will never hear the end of.

The rags are not a challenge, they are too inconstant and bringing Tranny really fucked them. They were ok until he came and then everything went to shit. On the other hand, the scouse cunts look like they are slowly reaching their best form of the season, some might say super early, however, they will keep the steam up there because, well, you know.

The Glazers were humiliated yesterday in front of another american bunch and they will not like that, imho.

Doubt the Glazers even watched the game and they probably don't get the significance of the result. Too busy counting their money and working out their next scam
nottsblue

Postby john68 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:40 am

PeterParker wrote:
branny wrote:

If yesterday was a sign that the dippers are reaching their best form, I'll take that all day long. THEY WERE ATROCIOUS.
Any decent team, with an ounce of organisation would have given the Dippers a far better game. The only reason the score was so big was because the rags lay down and surrendered.
The Trannie was bought for media and commercial reasons and if anything, he detracts from the rags. He will score the odd goal, make huge headlines but in the main will hamper them on the field.
The rags are where we always dreamt we wanted them...up shit creek and the Dippers reaching a pointwhere they are starting to need a rebuild.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby PeterParker » Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:33 am

john68 wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
branny wrote:

If yesterday was a sign that the dippers are reaching their best form, I'll take that all day long. THEY WERE ATROCIOUS.
Any decent team, with an ounce of organisation would have given the Dippers a far better game. The only reason the score was so big was because the rags lay down and surrendered.
The Trannie was bought for media and commercial reasons and if anything, he detracts from the rags. He will score the odd goal, make huge headlines but in the main will hamper them on the field.
The rags are where we always dreamt we wanted them...up shit creek and the Dippers reaching a pointwhere they are starting to need a rebuild.

I think they are on fire, John and they will get the decisions also (except yesterday because there is a hierarchy).
They got it in Madrid and will get it in key moments. There is a precedent in that and I think it will continue. Also, last minute winners when they need them.
Also, I don't see them dropping that many points soon enough and we might be (again) in the situation when we will face them when they will be unbeaten, same as in 18/19. We've seen this movie, we know it.
They will surely miss those three when the African Cup of Nations will come in January, but again, I suspect them of dodgy juices and the likes of Origi & etc will rise again as they did with Barcelona.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Outcast » Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:35 am

Dimples wrote:Agree that the result today was horrendous for us.
OGS will be gone, Dippers gain momentum and worryingly they have their 'energy' back.

I disagree, Mo Salah has been carrying them, defensively they have been shite, certainly not solid like in previous years, they are literally a one man team. AFON coming up in January, their squad will be decimated, we'll see how they cope. They'll have to travel to us and Chavs. They're still a threat and I wouldn't rule them out but I believe they'll fall just short, I still think it's between us and Chavs
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Dubciteh » Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:46 am

They only have one possibly two games during the entire AFCON due to the fa cup and both are gimmes so we cant afford to depend on them.

They are getting results and decisions so for me they are out biggest rivals. They also have salah and hes the best in the world currently. We need to do our job thats the most important thing as we get any favours from refs or other teams in our league.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby stupot » Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:02 am

They're on fire against the dross. Let's face it Atalanta would have won by 5 had all their centre backs not been injured.
Rags should have been up early doors but Penandez missed.
Dippers have played their 2 biggest rivals at home and were outclassed by Chelsea until the sending off and pen and managed a draw and were outclassed by us 1st half and then Milner should have been off umpteen times and a wonder goal scraped them a draw.
Their defence looks shaky, Brentford scored 3 past them. Atletico were battering them until the sending off.
Even without the African Nations i'd have put them down for 3rd place.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby john68 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:04 am

PeterParker wrote:
john68 wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
branny wrote:

I think they are on fire, John and they will get the decisions also (except yesterday because there is a hierarchy).
They got it in Madrid and will get it in key moments. There is a precedent in that and I think it will continue. Also, last minute winners when they need them.
Also, I don't see them dropping that many points soon enough and we might be (again) in the situation when we will face them when they will be unbeaten, same as in 18/19. We've seen this movie, we know it.
They will surely miss those three when the African Cup of Nations will come in January, but again, I suspect them of dodgy juices and the likes of Origi & etc will rise again as they did with Barcelona.

If that's the dippers on fire, then God (or the refs) help them.
They only got that result because the rags defence were so far out of place that they could have all been having a meal in a swamp hospitality suite. They were nowhere to be seen.The scouse passing kept giving the ball away but the rags were kind enough to keep giving it them back.
THE DIPPERS WERE ATROCIOUS and aginst any organised team would have struggled.

Whatever the score when we played them recently, we were a far better side.
Whatever juices they may or may not take, that might improve their aerobic capacity, those juicers have no abilities to improve their passing, positioning or general teamwork levels.
Their being poor and still blasting the rags was a point well made at the time by the punditsand commentary. THEY WERE SHIT...THE RAGS WERE NON EXISTENT.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum