*** muppets v city ***- match thread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: *** muppets v city ***- match thread

Postby Sideshow Bob » Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:45 pm

disagree. he got caught on the ball, went backwards too many times, took an eternity to get his shot away and made poor decisions. a lot like sterling. which is why i mentioned him.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Mase » Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:49 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:disagree. he got caught on the ball, went backwards too many times, took an eternity to get his shot away and made poor decisions. a lot like sterling. which is why i mentioned him.

He was our third best player tonight, not my opinion.

He had two unsuccessful touches (assuming your got caught on the ball), Foden had 3.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Sideshow Bob » Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:01 pm

i thought he was woeful, and that is my opinion.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Original Dub » Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:19 pm

What's with the whole "muppets vs" titles?
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Haaland

Postby Mase » Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:41 pm

Original Dub wrote:What's with the whole "muppets vs" titles?

I like it because it annoys people for absolutely no reason :lol:
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:41 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:i thought he was woeful, and that is my opinion.

No worries mate. I thought Foden was woeful. Should be dropped next match.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:46 pm

Cancelo this season:

Touches - 835 - PL Ranking = 1st
Passes - 624 - PL Ranking = 1st
Passes in final 3rd - 89 - PL Ranking = 1st
Interceptions - 19 - PL Ranking = 2nd
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:18 pm

The more I see the more I don’t want us to sign a forward in case we fuck up the way we are playing !
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby london blue 2 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:35 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:The more I see the more I don’t want us to sign a forward in case we fuck up the way we are playing !

Yep. For his faults pep is the one, and I’m not sure we’ll see football quite like this again. Levels above the rest.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby CTID Hants » Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:38 pm

Mase wrote:

It will end next time we lose, its a bit too ragish for my liking , reminds me of them singing we'll do what we want, the cunts.

And for that reason I'm out
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby zuricity » Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:55 am

Harry Dowd scored wrote:
sheblue wrote:Would rather see kev instead of Gundo, as even 80% kev has more about him, but still a very strong team. I am expecting a tough game. We will need to play well to take the points.

Hey you are talking about our leading scorer of last year :lol:

i agree , there is nothing wrong with calling Brighton , Brighton . Let's face it , Jim Henson's Muppets are far more entertaining and we therefore do them a disservice - lowering our expectations.

Rather like calling rogue plumbers "Cowboys" ... a disservice to the riders of the range .
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby zuricity » Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:38 am

oh yeah , remember , the penalty should not have been given. The player was offside in the build up.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby salford city » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:28 am

london blue 2 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:The more I see the more I don’t want us to sign a forward in case we fuck up the way we are playing !

Yep. For his faults pep is the one, and I’m not sure we’ll see football quite like this again. Levels above the rest.

Agree with this. We are a dream to watch when we are purring. I think a no.9 would disrupt that as daft as that may sound. On the other hand, those balls that are pulled back across the box would mostly end up in the net so there is a chance that a no.9 would be 50+ goals in our system just poaching in the 6 yard box but that is not the system we play. Bottom line is it is on Pep, it is his system and the players are well versed in what they are doing. 9 goals away from home in 2 games this week is nor too shabby
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby zuricity » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:32 am

salford city wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:

Agree with this. We are a dream to watch when we are purring. I think a no.9 would disrupt that as daft as that may sound. On the other hand, those balls that are pulled back across the box would mostly end up in the net so there is a chance that a no.9 would be 50+ goals in our system just poaching in the 6 yard box but that is not the system we play. Bottom line is it is on Pep, it is his system and the players are well versed in what they are doing. 9 goals away from home in 2 games this week is nor too shabby

Given that Kun rarely played the last three seasons . It's not like we missed a centre forward.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Mase » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:42 am

CTID Hants wrote:
Mase wrote:

It will end next time we lose, its a bit too ragish for my liking , reminds me of them singing we'll do what we want, the cunts.

And for that reason I'm out

I think it was Nool that mention about our tongue in cheek-ness in another thread. I just see it as that tbh.

Plus every team has voted against us in some way to try and destroy us, so to me they’re all muppets.

I’ve never started a match day threat but I won’t let the muppets thing bother me.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby salford city » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:50 am

zuricity wrote:
salford city wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:

Given that Kun rarely played the last three seasons . It's not like we missed a centre forward.

Agree Zuri. Only becomes an issue when we fail to convert one of the myriad of chances that we create see Spuds, Soton and PSG. I'm happy that we've gotten on ok wirhout one in one of the most successful spells in our history
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Mase » Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:41 am

Mase wrote:
FA cup winners 2006 wrote:
Mase wrote:Ederson makes a good save and commentator - “Goalkeeper got lucky” What?!

Wasn't that great of a save to be honest. Expected save. Would have been a howler if that went in. The lucky part was out bouncing over the bar. Ederson hadn't a clue where it had gone

What the fuck is an “expected save”? Are you Gary Neville?

I’ve just watched the Sky highlights. Commentator calls the save is “a really good save from the Brazilian” and Smith follows with “he got a bit of good fortune with it bouncing over the bar after the save”. I’m assuming that was what you were watching as the stream I had yesterday just said, “Ederson got lucky there”. No mention of the good save or clarifying what was lucky or fortunate.

I know you’re desperate to get me back since I called out your racism (I’ve not mentioned the fact your username represents Liverpool yet), but pick your battles. If everyone can see it’s a good save then don’t put words in to peoples mouths by changing it from good to great.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PeterParker » Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:09 am

Had a chat with the gaffer earlier this summer and talked about our season ahead. He told me that Sacchi had a chat with him and said City should press more in the opponent's half, so he did listen. I suggested us sending Sterling on loan to Wigan after the UCL final and he didn't want to hear that so I proposed a compromise after losing with Spuds: put muppets in the thread title as our tactic this season.
So far it works, wins and a single draw, in the house of rejects called Anfield.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby john68 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:26 am

zuricity wrote:
salford city wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:

This FALSE NINE name is actually a misnomer. In reality it's a ROTATING NINE. We do play with a striker, it's just that in the fluid system we play, where movement is of the essence, it could be any player, at any time, depending on the situation. or space.

Because that striker remains largely undefined throughout the match, it becomes a nightmare to defend and the likes of Bernardo, KDB, Foden etc have got this off perfectly.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:20 pm

In the 1950 's Manchester City played with a deeper number 9 it was called the " Revie plan" because Don Revie was the player who employed it, many say this was the original " false 9 "
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum