A little Carabao chat

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

A little Carabao chat

Postby CuteMancs » Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:16 pm

A few words from the hammers. The most interesting of which is that this game is a sell out, on a cold Wednesday evening. Apparently we are taking 4700 tomorrow

COME ON CITY!!!

Referee: Jonathan Moss
Assistants: Marc Perry and Timothy Wood
Fourth Official: Andre Marriner

Team Selection

Areola
Frederick's
Diop
Dawson
Masuaku
Noble
Lanzini
Vlasic
Yarmolenko
Fornals
Under 23 (Chester's or Baptiste)

And the rest…

Strongest possible team please. Let's make a statement of intent.

There's no reason we can't nick this.

Pep really go's for this competition and will play a very strong side, with some of regulars in it. If we are to progress, we sure will have earned it.

Make changes. Doesn't make any difference. We'll still be MASSIVE!

I think we should make copious changes. It would be better for a team filled with changes to get walloped than our usual starting XI.

I suppose moyes has to weigh up whats more important. Cuty in the cup or villa in the league.

I think in both the teams may be half and half of the “cup team” and “league team” for both.

Im a bit afraid of our over reliance on cresswell and antonio because they will get injured or knackered soon enough. Players like yarmolenko and vlasic really need to start stepping up. But that left back spot is the biggest worry.

Unfortunately there’s just no way we can compete in this, the league and the Europa league with our squad. We’ll make mass changes (which I do not blame Moyes for) and lose imo.

Can't see us beating the 2022 League Cup winners so go with mainly the team that played at Old Trafford with some kids on the bench.

Maybe I am off my rocker, but for some strange reason I actually fancy us to win this game.

Not wanting to sound like a "sky 6" supporter but I'm more interested in Europe, this is a free hit, tell the players to go out and enjoy themselves, no pressure, if we win then good, if we lose then its man City and they will probably win the competition anyway, might as well go out to them now rather than in a semi or even a final.

We’ll be able to put out a good defence of Areola/Fredericks/Dawson/Diop even with almost complete rotation in that area, which combined with being at home will provide something to build on.

It's a sell out !

This is one competition too many for us right now. We need to field our second string XI and hope they can pull off another shock as they did vs Man Utd. Normally I'm desperate for us to win the league cup (well, technically I still am), but we can't jeopardise progress in the league and Europa with things going so well there. I honestly think we have more chance of winning the Europa than the League Cup.

What's the betting that we win this, only to get drawn Liverpool away in the next round.

This is more winnable than some make out. It wasn’t that long ago that City were held at home by those footballing giants Southampton. Our recent form has given them something to think about at the very least. At the end of the day it’s 11 v 11 and their superstars don’t always turn up. Make no mistake, we are more than useful.

I usually treat my body like a temple. Last night I treated mine like a whorehouse above a liquor store next to a motherfucking Taco Bell.
CuteMancs
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC

Re: A little Carabao chat

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:47 pm

Cheers CM as ever

Possibly our thoughts 8/9 years or so ago?

Unfortunately there’s just no way we can compete in this, the league and the Europa league with our squad. We’ll make mass changes (which I do not blame Moyes for) and lose imo.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby nottsblue » Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:32 am

Cheers CM

This is more winnable than some make out. It wasn’t that long ago that City were held at home by those footballing giants Southampton. Our recent form has given them something to think about at the very least. At the end of the day it’s 11 v 11 and their superstars don’t always turn up. Make no mistake, we are more than useful.
Good sum up there
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:53 am

i don’t mind the whu fans, just don’t like gollum
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site