jack grealish - what does he do?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: jack grealish - what does he do?

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:03 pm

Mase wrote:
Nick wrote:Yeah they were in Billionaires club he posted about the DJ not exactly laying low lol

Gives me somewhere to look at as im going in March :)

If he is over there I’m torn - on one hand he’s human and should be allowed to holiday if the club are happy for him to do so. On the other hand he seems to be inviting the negativity from the media by doing stuff like this.

If he was playing really well instead of plain average then a lot of the negative shit that gets thrown his way would be swept under the carpet.
The fact is hes not there just to put in some chances for his team mates , we have plenty of players who already do that ,hes there to win games for us and up to now hes not won any game for us that I can remember.....playing out of position will piss him off and knock him off his stride , but hes a footballer , and a good one , so he should be able to adapt to playing on the left or right or the middle IMO. (The misses he has had has fuckall to do with Pep mate , that's down to him)

I was really hoping he would win us the game the other day so that the pressure eases off him somewhat...but he did fuckall different in that game to what hes done since he arrived.

If I was him I wouldn't be going partying anywhere till my overall game had improved.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Dimples » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:04 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Mase wrote:
Nick wrote:Yeah they were in Billionaires club he posted about the DJ not exactly laying low lol

Gives me somewhere to look at as im going in March :)

If he is over there I’m torn - on one hand he’s human and should be allowed to holiday if the club are happy for him to do so. On the other hand he seems to be inviting the negativity from the media by doing stuff like this.

If he was playing really well instead of plain average then a lot of the negative shit that gets thrown his way would be swept under the carpet.
The fact is hes not there just to put in some chances for his team mates , we have plenty of players who already do that ,hes there to win games for us and up to now hes not won any game for us that I can remember.....playing out of position will piss him off and knock him off his stride , but hes a footballer , and a good one , so he should be able to adapt to playing on the left or right or the middle IMO. (The misses he has had has fuckall to do with Pep mate , that's down to him)

I was really hoping he would win us the game the other day so that the pressure eases off him somewhat...but he did fuckall different in that game to what hes done since he arrived.

If I was him I wouldn't be going partying anywhere till my overall game had improved.

Even though he cost £100M I would cut him some slack until next season. Playing for Pep is a bit like attending advanced education courses. New material to learn followed by workshops to practice. It is a new level and takes time to adapt?
Agree re the partying. He needs 100% focus to pass the course. There is no way he can have that if he is shagging three birds (that we know off) and drinking as well.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby nottsblue » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:51 pm

He didn’t set his transfer fee. But he is not only our club record signing, he is the British transfer fee record holder. And as such there is a certain need to perform better than would usually be expected.

One the one side of the coin he I is at a new club playing a very different style to what he was accustomed to and he is not playing in his usual preferred position.
Of course there is a flip side to this and that is he is a full international and a great player, otherwise we wouldn’t have bought him, and as such should reasonably be expected to slot into a side with little fuss and crack on with it.

The off field antics however are a fucking disgrace. And it seems he is taking Foden down that path as well. It is his life and he can do what he pleases. But as a role model for club and country and if he wants to make the best of his undoubted talent he needs to reign in the extra curricular activities. It doesn’t do him any favours and he is setting himself up for failure. If he was scoring and assisting like an Aguero or a KDB then he could be forgiven a lot more.

But he is our boy and whilst he is he will have my support
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:33 pm

nottsblue wrote:He didn’t set his transfer fee. But he is not only our club record signing, he is the British transfer fee record holder. And as such there is a certain need to perform better than would usually be expected.

One the one side of the coin he I is at a new club playing a very different style to what he was accustomed to and he is not playing in his usual preferred position.
Of course there is a flip side to this and that is he is a full international and a great player, otherwise we wouldn’t have bought him, and as such should reasonably be expected to slot into a side with little fuss and crack on with it.

The off field antics however are a fucking disgrace. And it seems he is taking Foden down that path as well. It is his life and he can do what he pleases. But as a role model for club and country and if he wants to make the best of his undoubted talent he needs to reign in the extra curricular activities. It doesn’t do him any favours and he is setting himself up for failure. If he was scoring and assisting like an Aguero or a KDB then he could be forgiven a lot more.

But he is our boy and whilst he is he will have my support

support you say :lol: :lol: :lol:
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Bournemouthcityfan » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:42 pm

He played well against Southampton ffs he’s our player stop slagging him off all the time you might try looking at others for a change if you must show off
Bournemouthcityfan
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sergio Augero

Postby patrickblue » Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:36 am

Bournemouthcityfan wrote:He played well against Southampton ffs he’s our player stop slagging him off all the time you might try looking at others for a change if you must show off

It's his turn at the moment. He's won the scapegoat of the month award.
These "what do they do" threads are a bit tongue in cheek, and all stem from the rather embarrassing "Yaya Toure, what does he actually do" thread of years back.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Dunnylad » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:53 am

To say Grealish is leading Foden astray is also not fair on Grealish - Foden seemed to need little encouragement when it was him and Greenwood on england duty. I cannot blame either of them at their age for doing it, it just isn’t compatible with playing professional football at the highest level and they both need to learn that if they are going to meet their potential
"F****d it up,
Shot my Load,
Spewed onto the Motorway Shoulder,
I Could Have Been Somebody Special."
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby sheblue » Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:01 am

I think he has been good. A lot better than Mahrez was when he started to 're-learn' how to play football under Pep. And look at Mahrez now.
The price tag isn't his fault and it is irrelevant.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:13 pm

Wise words, sheblue.

Everyone deserves a holiday.

Bernardo wasn’t that great in his first season with us. It even took Dave Silva a while. Not that long obviously but a bit. I’m going to wait and see how Grealish gets on as he gets more used to the team and the style of play. There is a fair bit to work on but also plenty to work with.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby stupot » Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:32 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:Wise words, sheblue.

Bernardo wasn’t that great in his first season with us. It even took Dave Silva a while. Not that long obviously but a bit. I’m going to wait and see how Grealish gets on as he gets more used to the team and the style of play. There is a fair bit to work on but also plenty to work with.

David Silva's debut was the 0-0 at Tottenham when Joe Hart saved us from a hiding. We all thought he looked far too lightweight for the Prem. A few weeks later he scored the worldie at Blackpool and the rest is history.
I think out of Pep's signings the only ones who hit the ground running were Laporte and Dias.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby charvet_wonderland » Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:36 pm

It’s not always just the new guy who needs to adapt, either. When Dave first came he kept playing passes straight to the opposition defence/keeper. A few weeks later the same passes were getting snaffled up & converted by Ade etc once they’d learned where/when he wanted them to run
charvet_wonderland
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Manchester
My favourite player is: Leonard Shaun Goater

Postby patrickblue » Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:48 pm

stupot wrote:

David Silva's debut was the 0-0 at Tottenham when Joe Hart saved us from a hiding. We all thought he looked far too lightweight for the Prem. A few weeks later he scored the worldie at Blackpool and the rest is history.
I think out of Pep's signings the only ones who hit the ground running were Laporte and Dias.

I thought Bernie was far too lightweight for the PL for a long time. Certainly been proved wrong big time.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Mase » Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:53 pm

stupot wrote:

I’d add Ederson and Walker to those two. Ederson came in and fit right in. I don’t remember there being too many issues with Walker, maybe needed a game or two but in general he fit in like he’d been here forever.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby carolina-blue » Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:02 pm

Totally agree with Walker , went to Nashville to watch us against the Spuds when we 1st signed him he was immense ,
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:10 pm

Aguero changed his game pretty quickly and adapted to PG game plan.

My opinion is , if your a top player it wont take you long to fit in .....unless your game just isn't suited to the playing style and then the manager has to take the blame for fuckign signing you in the first place.

IMO ,Grealish can fit in as hes a top player.....he just needs to stop playing fuckign safe and to actually make things happen....he has all the talent to do so.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby stupot » Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:28 pm

Mase wrote:
stupot wrote:

I’d add Ederson and Walker to those two. Ederson came in and fit right in. I don’t remember there being too many issues with Walker, maybe needed a game or two but in general he fit in like he’d been here forever.

You're right. I don't know how i missed those 2.
Having said that i was at Walker's home debut and he got sent off. Quickly forgave him though.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:31 pm

stupot wrote:
Mase wrote:
stupot wrote:

Having said that i was at Walker's home debut and he got sent off. Quickly forgave him though.

Crazy that we’ve struggled for so long with LB and we found someone for the right fairly easily.

Maybe that’s why Levy was so difficult with us the past summer. He realised we actually got a bargain with getting Walker.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby salford city » Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:32 pm

Mase wrote:
stupot wrote:
Mase wrote:
stupot wrote:

Crazy that we’ve struggled for so long with LB and we found someone for the right fairly easily.

Maybe that’s why Levy was so difficult with us the past summer. He realised we actually got a bargain with getting Walker.

I read in that "Pep's City " book that Mendy was our first choice target for LB but Walker wasn't -cannot remember who was may have been Alves. Funny how things work out
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby stupot » Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:39 pm

I remember in Peps 1st season we drew 2-2 at home to Spurs and he was raving about Walker and Danny Rose after the game.
Funny how Walker's won loads with us and Danny Rose can't get in the Watford team.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:59 pm

stupot wrote:I remember in Peps 1st season we drew 2-2 at home to Spurs and he was raving about Walker and Danny Rose after the game.
Funny how Walker's won loads with us and Danny Rose can't get in the Watford team.

By all accounts Watford are trying to bin him off! Not sure if that’ll change with the new manager.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum