jack grealish - what does he do?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: grealish - what does he do?

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:33 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Mase wrote:Statistically our best attacker this season. Best looking also.

statistically we don’t have a finishing issue this season…don’t disagree with the good looking bit though.

He gives you a reason for "finishing thread - part 2"?
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Re: jack grealish - what does he do?

Postby aaron bond » Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:17 am

He’s a very good player. Not worth £100m but the fee is not his fault.

I think he’s made a good start with us but I think his limit is probably a level below the likes of what Foden, Bernardo, Gundogan, KDB are capable of (though I hope to be proven wrong).

The £100m would have been better off going on a striker in the summer but that’s done now and we have to move forward.

It’s still early days for him and he’s still learning how to play with us. It’s a huge step up for him from Villa but I’m happy with how he’s started. I think he’ll do well for us but he probably isn’t going to be the star man you’d expect £100m to get you.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby Mase » Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:52 am

Just for the people that still don’t get it -

Watch on youtube.com

1 minute 3 seconds - class ball through to Cancelo who hits the post.

3 minutes 57 - makes himself available, gets the ball in a tight space and quickly plays it through to Mahrez who misses.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Dimples » Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:02 am

Adapting to Pep's methods quicker than most other players. With Pep it usually takes about a season before we determine the level a new player will get to.

Grealish is ahead of the curve. Is more than useful while adapting. He could blossom into a brilliant Pep player. Reserving final judgement until next season.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Outcast » Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:30 am

aaron bond wrote:He’s a very good player. Not worth £100m but the fee is not his fault.

I think he’s made a good start with us but I think his limit is probably a level below the likes of what Foden, Bernardo, Gundogan, KDB are capable of (though I hope to be proven wrong).

The £100m would have been better off going on a striker in the summer but that’s done now and we have to move forward.

It’s still early days for him and he’s still learning how to play with us. It’s a huge step up for him from Villa but I’m happy with how he’s started. I think he’ll do well for us but he probably isn’t going to be the star man you’d expect £100m to get you.

£100m wouldn't have got us Haaland or Kane! I think we brought Grealish to eventually slot in the middle, maybe to replace Bernie seeing he was close to leaving?
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby PeterParker » Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:40 am

Outcast wrote:
aaron bond wrote:He’s a very good player. Not worth £100m but the fee is not his fault.

£100m wouldn't have got us Haaland or Kane! I think we brought Grealish to eventually slot in the middle, maybe to replace Bernie seeing he was close to leaving?

I think he is the natural replacement for KDB and Gundo. one is 30 and the other 31. I think we are about to have 2 more good years of them and that will be that. Jack and Bernie need to stay, so soon we will need someone in the middle (maybe two if Palmer will not make it).
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:31 am

PeterParker wrote:
Outcast wrote:

I think he is the natural replacement for KDB and Gundo. one is 30 and the other 31. I think we are about to have 2 more good years of them and that will be that. Jack and Bernie need to stay, so soon we will need someone in the middle (maybe two if Palmer will not make it).

KDB will be doing it at 35 Gundo the same world class players. I do think they have had slow starts this season but after a long season and euros it is no surprise. Pogba, Kane Magshite all the same. A flying KDB at the end of the season would be a first.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Mase » Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:01 am

Yaya was levels above Gundo. He wasn’t doing it at 35 mate. Not every player can play on at the same level and standard in to their mid-30s. If we’ve still got KDB and Gundo starting when they’re 35 I’ll be very surprised and disappointed.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PeterParker » Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:07 am

Hazy2 wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
Outcast wrote:

KDB will be doing it at 35 Gundo the same world class players. I do think they have had slow starts this season but after a long season and euros it is no surprise. Pogba, Kane Magshite all the same. A flying KDB at the end of the season would be a first.

No idea if they can, but I am inclined to think not. But still, we need to start searching for replacements.
We failed to do for Fern and Serge, let's not do it for them also.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Wooders » Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:10 am

Part of the problem is peps fetush for accumulating central midfielders and playing them out of position
We’ve got KDB, Foden, Mahrez, gundo, Zinch, Bernie and grealish whose best position is centre mid - it’s a bit ridiculous really
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:52 am

Mase wrote:Yaya was levels above Gundo. He wasn’t doing it at 35 mate. Not every player can play on at the same level and standard in to their mid-30s. If we’ve still got KDB and Gundo starting when they’re 35 I’ll be very surprised and disappointed.

I loved Yaya but no chance he is levels above Gundo. To different types for a start and Gundo has been under valued by many. Yaya match winner and superb. Gundo class act and invaluable last season plus the benefits Foden gets from how Gundo finds space will be to our benefit for years. I wish we had Yaya Saturday.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mase » Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:55 am

Hazy2 wrote:
Mase wrote:Yaya was levels above Gundo. He wasn’t doing it at 35 mate. Not every player can play on at the same level and standard in to their mid-30s. If we’ve still got KDB and Gundo starting when they’re 35 I’ll be very surprised and disappointed.

I loved Yaya but no chance he is levels above Gundo. To different types for a start and Gundo has been under valued by many. Yaya match winner and superb. Gundo class act and invaluable last season plus the benefits Foden gets from how Gundo finds space will be to our benefit for years. I wish we had Yaya Saturday.

Yaya was a goal from nothing player that saved us on loads of occasions. He is literally levels about Gundo mate - not talking about how they play, as in footballing wise he was much more important to City and such a better player.

Gundo and KDB have been injured a hell of a lot. When they’re 35 I’ll be surprised if they can walk still, let alone be starters for us.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:30 pm

I think he focuses more on passing than shooting .
Many times he could have pulled the trigger but chose to pass instead .
I think he will be a great signing , eventually .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Sideshow Bob » Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:29 pm

put foden back on the left. grealish should be rotating in the middle with gundo and kdb.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby PeterParker » Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:33 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:I think he focuses more on passing than shooting .
Many times he could have pulled the trigger but chose to pass instead .
I think he will be a great signing , eventually .

They all do that, pal.
Is part of their training. Pass comes first, then shooting. No wonder we try to walk it in even in the last 10 minutes when we are down.
Can't blame him for that.

I liked what I've seen since he came here. He scored, he keeps the ball, he creates. More of the same.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:41 pm

Mase wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

Yaya was a goal from nothing player that saved us on loads of occasions. He is literally levels about Gundo mate - not talking about how they play, as in footballing wise he was much more important to City and such a better player.

Gundo and KDB have been injured a hell of a lot. When they’re 35 I’ll be surprised if they can walk still, let alone be starters for us.

Let’s agree both have quality
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby stupot » Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:56 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
Mase wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

I love Gundo, i couldn't believe the stick he got for a long time but Yaya I think more than anyone from that team that tore the banner down at the swamp was the main man.
Just remember Vinnie's speech about him after his last game. Semi Final,Man United Yaya Toure, Final Stoke City Yaya Toure, Newcastle away ( a week before QPR) Yaya Toure, Sunderland at Wembley Yaya Toure, Liverpool at Wembley Yaya Toure.
The guy was unbelievable. The game against united when we won the 1st PL he was unplayable. 20 odd goals from midfield in 2013/14 when he was definitely the best player in the country. It's just a shame he was a tool off the field so much and that's why he'll never get the love of Vinnie, Serg and David.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby PeterParker » Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:46 pm

stupot wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
Mase wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

I love Gundo, i couldn't believe the stick he got for a long time but Yaya I think more than anyone from that team that tore the banner down at the swamp was the main man.
Just remember Vinnie's speech about him after his last game. Semi Final,Man United Yaya Toure, Final Stoke City Yaya Toure, Newcastle away ( a week before QPR) Yaya Toure, Sunderland at Wembley Yaya Toure, Liverpool at Wembley Yaya Toure.
The guy was unbelievable. The game against united when we won the 1st PL he was unplayable. 20 odd goals from midfield in 2013/14 when he was definitely the best player in the country. It's just a shame he was a tool off the field so much and that's why he'll never get the love of Vinnie, Serg and David.

+1.
Also the best chant ever in the history of football.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:07 pm

Yaya wa also high maintenance!
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mase » Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:23 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
Mase wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

Absolutely. Gundo has gone from someone that hid a lot at first, probably because he was being forced in to a DM role that he wasn’t comfortable with, and he’s now a great player for us. I was buzzing when he signed his extension.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum