CL Games November 23/24

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: CL Games November 23/24

Postby london blue 2 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:34 pm

Should be an epic game later, can we get a match thread going. I don't wanna jinx it. Whats the protocol with stars and names?
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Nickyboy » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:35 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:I reckon we'll see a pair of 'interesting' results in Group E in the next round.

Barca need Benfica to not win, or to win themselves if Benfica also win (as a draw would see them go out on H2H). Bayern have won all of their games so far. My prediction is that UEFA have too much money on Barca progressing for Bayern to twist the knife, but also the refereeing in the Benfica v. Dynamo Kiev game will ensure Barca's progression.

Messi isn't at Barca any more. They are a bang average team now, dont think UEFA will care if they get knocked out
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby PeterParker » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:10 pm

Double scored by Big Ed.
Fantastic fella, a true pro.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby nottsblue » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:21 pm

Leipzig 2-0 up at Bruges. We are through as it stands regardless of the result v PSG
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:49 pm

nottsblue wrote:Leipzig 2-0 up at Bruges. We are through as it stands regardless of the result v PSG

4-0 now - just who finishes top to avoid the Krauts now
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby nottsblue » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:41 pm

Spuds get beat. A terrible performance and result. Conte will be spitting feathers
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mase » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:50 pm

Kane is an absolute loser for not pushing that transfer through in the summer when he had the chance. He’d been promised he could leave and he has his tosser if his brother as his agent fuck things up. Enjoy your time Harry. You won’t reach Shearer’s record and you won’t have any trophies when you retire. Loser.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:13 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:I reckon we'll see a pair of 'interesting' results in Group E in the next round.

Barca need Benfica to not win, or to win themselves if Benfica also win (as a draw would see them go out on H2H). Bayern have won all of their games so far. My prediction is that UEFA have too much money on Barca progressing for Bayern to twist the knife, but also the refereeing in the Benfica v. Dynamo Kiev game will ensure Barca's progression.
this is a very deep analysis ;)
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Original Dub » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:20 pm

I always thought you belittled those who suspected or pointed out corruption and bias in football?

Might have you mixed up, so apologies if so
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Haaland

Postby Dimples » Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:17 am

Mase wrote:Kane is an absolute loser for not pushing that transfer through in the summer when he had the chance. He’d been promised he could leave and he has his tosser if his brother as his agent fuck things up. Enjoy your time Harry. You won’t reach Shearer’s record and you won’t have any trophies when you retire. Loser.

Levy would not let the deal go through.
The Kane camp did everything they could to force the move but a verbal agreement is as good as the paper it is written on.
Delighted to see Harry is on a go slow, I admire him for it, he was royally shafted by levy and he is continuing the fight.

I hope we get him at XMAS (if we cannot get Haaland now or in the Summer).
IMO Harry would give us a great shot at this seasons PL and CL. Without him or his ilk we will fall short.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby sheblue » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:53 am

Dimples wrote:
Mase wrote:Kane is an absolute loser for not pushing that transfer through in the summer when he had the chance. He’d been promised he could leave and he has his tosser if his brother as his agent fuck things up. Enjoy your time Harry. You won’t reach Shearer’s record and you won’t have any trophies when you retire. Loser.

The Kane camp did everything they could to force the move but a verbal agreement is as good as the paper it is written on.
Delighted to see Harry is on a go slow, I admire him for it, he was royally shafted by levy and he is continuing the fight.

IMO Harry would give us a great shot at this seasons PL and CL. Without him or his ilk we will fall short.

Would be open to taking him in Jan. But nowhere near the numbers being spoke about last summer.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Mase » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:24 am

Dimples wrote:

By all accounts Kane was told by Levy that if he wanted to leave he had to put in a transfer request. Kane didn’t put one in.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby stupot » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:45 am

Mase wrote:
Dimples wrote:

By all accounts Kane was told by Levy that if he wanted to leave he had to put in a transfer request. Kane didn’t put one in.

True, but also by all accounts they had this supposed gentlemans verbal agreement and Levy went back on that as well.
Kane more or less told everyone he wanted to go with the Neville interview, i don't think a written transfer request as well would have changed anything. Levy has got to be the most stubborn owner in football and this is severely biting him on the arse.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:02 am

More fool Kane and his brother for believing Levy would honour it without getting it in writing.

But the fact is Kane and his camp messed us around all summer by insisting they had this gentleman’s agreement, and we put more focus on Kane than we should have because of it. He was just as responsible for messing us about as Levy was.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Outcast » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:53 am

stupot wrote:
Mase wrote:
Dimples wrote:

True, but also by all accounts they had this supposed gentlemans verbal agreement and Levy went back on that as well.
Kane more or less told everyone he wanted to go with the Neville interview, i don't think a written transfer request as well would have changed anything. Levy has got to be the most stubborn owner in football and this is severely biting him on the arse.

Levy is not the owner, he's the chairman.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:04 am

A gentleman's agreement is legally worthless.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:07 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:A gentleman's agreement is legally worthless.
so are most legal ones if you have the resources to challenge them
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby BlueinBosnia » Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:12 pm

Original Dub wrote:

I always thought you belittled those who suspected or pointed out corruption and bias in football?

Might have you mixed up, so apologies if so

No, I belittle individual theories that suggest there's a cross-association agenda against us as a club in particular, like the idea that we were intentionally being drawn away in cup competitions, and the ECWC was cancelled as a competition specifically to make our win in it less important (both of which have been championed on here at one point or another).

Other things, like referees going easier on certain clubs, extra time being added 'as needed' to either benefit the same clubs or make individual games 'more interesting', and UEFA transitioning their competition formats to ensure the teams that attract the biggest viewership qualify for competitions, I fully believe. I also believe that off-field punishments are commonly determined with long-term profit in mind.

For VAR, I'm still out on whether it's to 'add excitement' or 'edge results in a certain direction', but I honestly don't believe it's there to ensure a more equal playing field. I also don't think that various associations have introduced it simply to hinder certain teams.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby zuricity » Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:51 am

johnny crossan wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:A gentleman's agreement is legally worthless.
so are most legal ones if you have the resources to challenge them

Then written agreements are not worthless are they
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum