It's written in the KUMB

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

It's written in the KUMB

Postby CuteMancs » Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:13 pm

Down to bare bones again for this game, but generally speaking the hammers are feeling confident. I spoke to one last week at work and he predicted 1-3 (to the visitors). There are a few longer comments on the match thread, but I usually avoid those for these posts. Now it’s time to dig out the thermal underwear for tomorrow.

COME ON CITY!!!

Referee: Michael Oliver
Assistants: Stuart Burt, Simon Bennett
Fourth official: Robert Jones
VAR: Jarred Gillett
Assistant VAR: Ian Hussin

Team Selection

Fabianski
Johnson Zouma Dawson Cresswell
Rice Soucek
Bowen Fornals Benrahma
Antonio

And the rest…

Unusual to be involved in a couple of 6 pointers at the top of the table eh?..Think we might lose narrowly, few of our lads looked a bit knackered at Wolves. We should give them a game though.

We are definitely getting thrashed 5-0.

Think we could have the measure of Man City, Chelsea is the upcoming one I think we have no chance of.

City are playing some cracking football at the moment. Not many teams can live with them. But if we can put in a performance like last season, you never know. Pep said it was one of there hardest games at the Etihad. Hopefully they are still missing KDB, Grealish and Foden. I think we will give them a good game…I would personally bring Diop and Coufal in for Dawson and Johnson.

Keep it tight, keep it safe…We've a good chance at grabbing a point.

We were unlucky not to get anything from this fixture last season. Guardiola said we were the toughest team they'd played which speaks volumes…Personally I don't think we're gonna get anything here, but I've got confidence that we will at least be competitive.

The question for moyes is does he stick with dawson which means zouma playing on the left and out of position or does he stick diop in and zouma plays his preferred position. I reckon he will go for dawson and we will sit deep hoping to catch on the counter.

For us to have a chance Antonio needs to be at it to keep their defence honest. If I was Moyes I’d tell Antonio to peel into the channel down their left. Cancelo whilst an excellent footballer is not the best defender and doesn’t have the same athleticism as Walker. Ditto Bowen, that’s the side we should target.

It doesn't matter who we pick in our team, all I know is whenever we play any of the sky teams we need to score about three or four goals to scrape a win. The ref and var will allow them at least 2 goals either from dives or hand balls or what ever they can come up with this time and because they are allowed buy all the best players that they can they will surely score one goal from actual playing ability.So as Moyes always says keep it tight at the back and if we get a chance you HAVE to take it.We are 10/1 to win I like those odds.

There's a decent chance we may not get anything out of this, but I'd like to think the days of The Man.City training sessions, resulting in a routine kicking are over…IF they win, it'll be by a small margin.

Not looking forward to this.

I fear Chelsea more than Man City to be honest.

I'm very worried the defeat against wolves aint the problem it was the performance it was very poor thats what worries me the most.

I really like that Bernardo Silva of theirs [ De Bryune , Gundogan and Rodri ain't bad either ] and I'm not sure whether it's their quality that's lessening or ours getting a lot better ? I think they'll beat us.

I think we're going to be handed our @ rse in a hand cart with this one.. Pep already girding his troops saying they didn't deserve to win the last years game at the Etihad...I understand the talk about us playing our game & let the opponents worry about us, it worked great against Liverpool, but... 5 at the back please Mr Moyes.

I hope Declan gets in the ref's ear as soon as he arrives at the ground regarding City's cynical fouling and that Rodri doesn't get a yellow card exemption for the first 4 fouls. Should Coufal and Grealish start the game on the bench I want Vlad to follow him, within a yard, every time the diver warms up. Added bonus if he can pull a "Here's Johnny" face too.

I usually treat my body like a temple. Last night I treated mine like a whorehouse above a liquor store next to a motherfucking Taco Bell.
CuteMancs
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC

Re: It's written in the KUMB

Postby nottsblue » Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:54 pm

Cheers CM

Expectant Hammers fans and rightly so given their decent start to the season. We should be too strong for them though
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:59 pm

Cheers CM. Excellent as usual
I can't understand how they think WE get VAR decisions in our favour! And I wonder what has happened to Jack that he's gone from "the most fouled" to "a diver".........let me think :?:
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby CTID Hants » Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:05 pm

Cheers CM

Possibly most balanced views I've seen this season from opposition fans.

This will not be a walk in the park, but I think our lads will still be buzzing after serving psg their arse on a plate.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:31 pm

Cheers, mate. Thought I’d save it for after the game as I didn’t want to slate the Hammers. Always liked them and, got to say, some of the comments remind me of when we broke through all those years ago ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby failsworthblue » Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:05 pm

I know there is always banter at the match , today as well , not has energetic as normal though.

Always have respect for West Ham , proper club supported by real fans.
failsworthblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Nick » Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:22 am

Dogging off our shit atmosphere

I remember smashing them with ishmael miller when i was in the south stand and they applauded blue moon all game
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Nick » Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:22 am

I remember smashing them with ishmael miller when i was in the south stand and they applauded blue moon all game
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Nick » Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:31 am

Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Return to The Maine Football forum