View from the Home End

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

View from the Home End

Postby CuteMancs » Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:14 pm

Not only are there few comments this week, they spend an awful lot of time talking about the officials. I have included a few comments to get the general idea. I also checked the predictions from the experts and both Lawro and Sly predict a draw (1-1). I expect us to do better than that.

COME ON CITY!!!

Referee: Mike Dean
Assistants: Ian Hussin, Darren Cann
Fourth official: Peter Bankes
VAR: Kevin Friend
Assistant VAR: Simon Bennett

Team Selection
Martinez
Cash
Konsa
Mings
Targett
Nakamba
McGinn
Ramsey
Bailey
Watkins
Young

And the rest…

I'd take a point right now, dont think Gerrard will accept that now though. A good ref will make this more winnable.

We will need Man City to have a bad day at the office, and abit of luck if we are to win this lets be honest. We will also need to work our socks off and make no mistakes. Make them go wide just like Brighton and Palace. Keep the midfield compact, Disciplined. Bailey pace is a must for the counter attack. Nakamba and Young have earnt their starting places.

Needed those 6 points from the last two games. If we don't win this one it's not the end of the world. Not expecting a win. A good performance and I'll be happy.

Free hit.

Will Jack be back? If so, in fascinated by the reaction he will get.

I’d rather no reaction at all. With Deano going, that era has well and truly ended. He’s irrelevant to us now and booing anybody just brings negativity to an atmosphere which should be very positive after our last two results. There is no need that this match should be anything about him.

It's possible that De Bruyne, Greal-hiss and Foden could be out for this game. Still a big ask for us but you never know.

Mike Dean, with Kevin Friend in VAR. We are going to get proper f***ed.

Two of the worst. That Palace game a couple of years ago should mean Friend has no involvement in any of our games. Worst decision I’ve ever seen.

City full strength again today, they will have to rotate a bit midweek which will hopefully give us a better chance.

Couldn't care less if Grealish plays. He is not our player anymore, and has as much relevance to us nowadays as a Ron Jeremy pop up book. All I really care about is Villa making a good account for themselves. I don't hate Grealish, but I despise the club he plays for. To beat these corrupt, anti football scum, with or without Grealish, would be absolutely delicious.

Laporte got his 5th yellow v West Ham so that's good news as Stones is usually good for an error v us.

The beauty of it is nobody is expecting a win. We're all just looking forward to some quality. It can't really go wrong other than an absolute spanking.

Like we have a chance against City regardless who is the ref.

That bench tells us a lot about our progression over the last two years...But City could field two teams in the Premier League and both would finish in the top five. I'd bite your hand off for a draw.

I know we haven't beaten or even drawn against City since our return to the Premier League but... Palace beat them recently and we just beat Palace. So that means we can beat City, right?

Based on the last two performances, I’m desperate for this to not be a predictable loss. However, it’s so difficult to move away that way of thinking after all of the recent let downs in this fixture. My heart says we’ll nick a 1-0. Head says we lose 2/3/4-0.

Two very easily influenced referees. Crowd needs to cheer every decision he gives us and he’ll keep giving them.

If someone had asked me beforehand what the absolute worst refereeing nightmare could have been for us I'd probably have gone with that. I can see Dean celebrating a City goal now, then sending two of ours off in the latest instalment of the Mike Dean Show.

I think our best way of getting a result against them is to press hard at the beginning. We can't sit back and let them get comfortable as they'll almost certainly score.

I think they’ll win comfortably. They do against most teams in the league. Hopefully no injuries or suspensions for the Sunday game which I think we will win.

Comfortable win for them I fear (especially considering Dean and Friend) although you never know. We have to create a hostile atmosphere that’s for sure and not show anxiety when we haven’t had a touch of the ball for 5 minutes. I’d absolutely love to get the win while the ground sing ‘Grealish what’s then score’! Looking forward to it.

Keep pumping long balls in the direction of John stones - he's bound to balls up at least once.

Dean has nothing against us. He is just a very poor referee that loves the limelight. No fan likes him.

Let’s hope we go at them at 1000% - Pep playing mind games. Zero sympathy for the richest club in world football.

I usually treat my body like a temple. Last night I treated mine like a whorehouse above a liquor store next to a motherfucking Taco Bell.
CuteMancs
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC

Re: View from the Home End

Postby Mase » Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:17 pm

Bunch of cunts. Never met fans like them. Turn on their own at the drop of a hat.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: View from the Home End

Postby nottsblue » Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:37 pm

Cheers CM.

Let's be honest. Villa are shit and we will win this comfortably. And their fans in their heart of hearts know so to
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Return to The Maine Football forum