View from the Home End

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

View from the Home End

Postby CuteMancs » Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:53 pm

I’m not sure what to make of these comments. I do not remember Watford fans being quite so stupid and ignorant (and I left out the worst comments). No idea what Pep will do for this one, but the pictures from training look promising. Maybe we will see Phil and KDB for a couple of minutes?

COME ON CITY!!!

Referee: Kevin Friend
Assistants: Adrian Holmes, Darren Cann
Fourth official: Simon Hooper
VAR: John Brooks
Assistant VAR: Sian Massey-Ellis.

And the rest…

I can't stand Liverpool, Arsenal, Man Utd etc but Man City just don't even register with me. Clearly a brilliant team but their football bores me to death. When you buy success in the way they have it's just difficult to see them as anything other than soulless, I don't really think of them as a football club enough to hate them!

Sounds vaguely ludicrous to say, but I think I hate City more than L*ton...inbred ****s the latter may be, but at least they're not a sportwashing front for a murderous regime (plus, you know, the 8-0 and the 6-0!). I'm absolutely not confident of us getting something (though we're ******* due something against them!), but, as usual with us (perhaps even more so with their arrogantly open style of play), I'm confident we knock in a goal or two!

Kevin Friend is the referee, so we all know we’re going to get shafted again…If things get a little sticky for City, Friend will be their friend to help them over the line. He’s their insurance policy in case we play well against them.

With their resources they should win every domestic tournament every year. I really think that Guardiola is underachieving. Their bench did look a bit short of first-teamers today. Give them a good kicking early doors as we did tonight. See if they are up for it. If Ranieri gets any kind of positive result then he can have a statue - Etihad City are our ultimate nemesis.

As much as I understand the sentiments in the OP, I still find I always want Man City to overcome Liverpool (and Man United for that matter, whenever they are a threat). I suspect this is a historical thing for me.

I agree with both of these comments. I actually enjoy watching them play (aside from when playing us) as them winning means Liverpool won't win the title and anything that prevents that is good in my book. Also their fans aren't particularly offensive from my experience and are generally pretty ok. Not like the Liverpools, man utds, and arsenal's who are people to dislike. So in general I don't really mind City. If they could just go easy on us for once that would be nice.

I also think it will be a huge boost if we can get through this weekend and not be in the relegation zone after this horrendous run of fixtures is over. I know we're relying on 2 other teams not winning but if we could still be a couple of points off then we head in to Christmas in a good place comparatively.

Getting anything against City would be such an incredibly uplifting event. I am confident that I will be miserable on Saturday evening. Other than Man City and Palace, I have no very strong dislike for other Premier League clubs. I think Newcastle will be a club to despise in time to come, but they may be a championship club next season.

City to finally get their comeuppance from reborn Hornets I reckon. 2-1.

I hope they don't pull our pants down, it's going to be a cold evening.

Can't stand Pep, the personification of a cheque book manager. Is he reallythat good? We will never know. Love to see what he could do with us or Burnley for example. I reckon with that squad anyone one on here could pick an 11 each week and just send them out and would probably get a top 4 place come the end of the season.

I can't believe we've actually played Man City in the past and tried to contain them, it's just completely pointless. I'm looking forward to us having a go at them, they'll probably pick us off with the space we leave but if we're going to lose at least lose the right way.

We need someone to snap Silva in half, he is class. Hopefully they play Grealish as he slows down their play and makes the team look disjointed. £100 million on the wrong player.

To think they were planning to sell Sterling and or Bernardo to pay for Grealish… Grealish is a decent player but he is a long way off those two.

Have to say, I like watching City - apart from when they play us! Would rather we didn’t play this and went to the next game without any more injuries

I see despite their injury crisis they still managed to have a 100 million pound player on the bench and Phil Fodden...

We'll win this one, 2-1 or 3-1

Time for our bi-annual bending over for moneybags City. Suits you sir. I obviously hope the above doesn't happen and we give them a game for once!

People do realise it’s not a myth why Guardiola is where he is right? We need to accept football has changed - and money does not guarantee success and some managers are still good even if they spend money. The notion that Guardiola is somehow like Arteta with more money is ridiculous. He’s easily one of the best managers of his era - it’s just a shame he’s a pr1ck.

My irritation about Man City is that Pep holds them out as the guardians of beautiful football who are virtuous. However on the rare moment an opponent picks up a loose pass the Man City player nearest will ALWAYS pull the opponent down to prevent the break and take a yellow. It’s instant so the cheating must be drummed into them by Pep. They know they are going to have 70% possession so the chances of 2 yellows are minimal.

Pep is a chequebook manager who has spent an absolute fortune to still fail in the Champions League when they are favourites pretty much every year. They have bought success and deep down the fans know it…3-0 Watford.

They could inflict the biggest Premier League defeat on us and I'd still be more bothered about the Brentford game. They're just a boring club, it's two games out of the whole season that don't interest me at all.

I hope that this thread is the catalyst for man city to finally realise we are their rivals

I usually treat my body like a temple. Last night I treated mine like a whorehouse above a liquor store next to a motherfucking Taco Bell.
CuteMancs
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC

Re: View from the Home End

Postby failsworthblue » Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:33 pm

HaHa , what a load of wankers , smarting cause their "second team" are shite :lol: :lol:
failsworthblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby CTID Hants » Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:00 pm

Cheers CM

As you say a mixed bag, but surprised by the bitterness.

So based on that, I hope we rip them a new one (as usual)
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Mase » Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:27 pm

Wow. Bitter fucks. Didn’t mind Watford but I hope they all get COVID
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby nottsblue » Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:28 pm

Cheers as usual CM

Surprised by this to be honest. And the mong that suggests we should win the domestic treble every year, words fail me. Other clubs clearly dont spend any brass.

We have given them a few spankings recently so maybe that's where the hate comes from. Being embarrassed in front of the watching world in the FACup final must've hurt to be fair

Cant see anything but three points here
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Bear60 » Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:25 am

Thanks CM just goes to show how moronic some fans are they could only have got this hatred for us by believing everything the media says about us . I enjoyed reading the one sensible comment on there that our fans are ok compared to vermin and rags
Bear60
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby nottsblue » Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:15 pm

We have won the last 13 meetings with Watford, scoring 50 goals and conceding just 6. Explains perhaps why they don’t like us!
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby john68 » Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:09 am

Those comments are no shock, the way the media have reported City over recent years has done its job on them.
Moneybags City, with no common sense thought regarding FFP and its effects.
The sheeple will always believe what the cartel driven media spoonfeed them.

As for finding City's football boring, I can understand that too. Whilst we applaud the amazing football and the talents of City players and teams, it can't be much fun watching your team running round for ninety mins chasing shadows. Nor can it be much fun to watch your own heroes perform, only to find they can't because the opposition won't let 'em have the ball.

At some point too, it will dawn on the Newcastle fans that despite having a mega rich owner, the financial drawbridge was pulled up the moment the cartel realised City had slipped over it.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby salford city » Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:28 am

john68 wrote:Those comments are no shock, the way the media have reported City over recent years has done its job on them.
Moneybags City, with no common sense thought regarding FFP and its effects.
The sheeple will always believe what the cartel driven media spoonfeed them.

As for finding City's football boring, I can understand that too. Whilst we applaud the amazing football and the talents of City players and teams, it can't be much fun watching your team running round for ninety mins chasing shadows. Nor can it be much fun to watch your own heroes perform, only to find they can't because the opposition won't let 'em have the ball.

At some point too, it will dawn on the Newcastle fans that despite having a mega rich owner, the financial drawbridge was pulled up the moment the cartel realised City had slipped over it.

Sums it up for me. Shows the power of the media and their constant narrative portraying us as the anti-christ. Didn't really give a fuck about Watford before I read this but if that's their view, fair enough bunch of soft twats.
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:38 pm

Those comments confirm how the media narrative is believed by brain dead fans.
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Return to The Maine Football forum