***rbl v city official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***rbl v city official match thread***

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:45 pm

Mase wrote:Stones was at fault for both goals. Played the guy on for the first and gave the ball away for the second.

Always plays better with Ruben beside him, who wouldn’t.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Mase » Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:45 pm

And what was the difference between Walker’s kick and the Watford player that booted Jesus on Saturday?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby mr_nool » Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:49 pm

Mase wrote:And what was the difference between Walker’s kick and the Watford player that booted Jesus on Saturday?

Different competitions and different refs.
I thought both were worthy of red to be honest (even if Kyle didn't really connect), but you can't really point to inconsistencies from one game to another in a completely different competition.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Mase » Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:54 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Mase wrote:And what was the difference between Walker’s kick and the Watford player that booted Jesus on Saturday?

I thought both were worthy of red to be honest (even if Kyle didn't really connect), but you can't really point to inconsistencies from one game to another in a completely different competition.

Or the similarity is that we’re being done by refs.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:56 pm

mr_nool wrote:

But it shouldn’t matter, these are the IFAB rules. I mentioned this right after the game and believe both were very different. With Jesus, he had 2 swipes and then got wrapped up in the second which injured Jesus. Walker took one swipe, and although aggressive, never really amounted to much as the player who had been continually hacking players jumped up with no adverse effect.

The other thing I noticed was that we were flagged for marginal offside calls whereas RBL were allowed to play on. That seemed a directive from the ref rather than individual decisions and, each time, went against us.

The ref, for me, was at it all game.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby mr_nool » Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:07 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

But it shouldn’t matter, these are the IFAB rules. I mentioned this right after the game and believe both were very different. With Jesus, he had 2 swipes and then got wrapped up in the second which injured Jesus. Walker took one swipe, and although aggressive, never really amounted to much as the player who had been continually hacking players jumped up with no adverse effect.

The other thing I noticed was that we were flagged for marginal offside calls whereas RBL were allowed to play on. That seemed a directive from the ref rather than individual decisions and, each time, went against us.

I agree that the ref was appalling, but I don't see the correlation with this weekend's game. The rules are the same, but each refs interprets the rules differently, and another competition means a different context. That saus, I think it should've been a red this weekend too.
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby mr_nool » Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:08 pm

Mase wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

Agree with that, both for tonight a d last weekend.
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Nick » Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:18 pm

We had a back 4 in the league cup that played mint
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:45 pm

worrying lacuna within the Walker cranium, better sign a full back before the last 16 now.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby stupot » Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:50 pm

Nick wrote:We had a back 4 in the league cup that played mint

We played Wycombe, conceded 1 and could easily have conceded a couple more. They definitely didn't play mint.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby blues2win » Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:54 pm

To be honest we didn’t have a leader on the pitch to drag something out of the players. Fernandinho’s past it now sadly. The whole team would have played better (certainly the defence) if Ruben had played. Of course Pep didn’t want to start him and I understand why but still…..
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Dimples » Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:08 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

I agree that the ref was appalling, but I don't see the correlation with this weekend's game. The rules are the same, but each refs interprets the rules differently, and another competition means a different context. That saus, I think it should've been a red this weekend too.

The ref was interpreting the rules differently for each team tonight. That is the issue I have.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:21 am

The ref was dire and our manager was dire in his team selection .
Foden is injured , Walker is out for the knock outs (not sure if it’s One game ?)

He never used one fucking youth player until the 87th minute and made the shocking decision to play fernandino for the whole game !! a player who gave the ball away more than anyone else !!

The reason we won’t win the CL is because he isn’t capable of not having these continuous brain farts which seem to be part and parcel of his DNA in this competition.

Horrendous management yesterday .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Original Dub » Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:03 am

:lol:
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Haaland

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:35 am

Mase wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

Watched this in my local, as usual for these CL matches. There's three Derby fans doing contract work around here who've been in each time. Even they have noticed and commented on how we are ref'ed differently to other teams, as if under orders to hinder us. They couldn't believe the penalty wasn't given, or that Kyle got a red for his ankle tap (their words) while we seemed to be kicked worse without even being given a foul. Glad others are seeing it now.
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby PeterParker » Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:04 am

The ref was shit, but is anyone surprised?

We have our share of blame in this, to be honest. Everyone knows they will try and do us with every single chance they have, you know it, I know, but it seems our staff and board don't and they somewhat feel that we will win this fair and square.
Impossible.

We don't put pressure on refs. Remember how that was one of the "tactics" Taggart had? Everyone near the ref. Do that every time and see what happens.
Football wise, I think the Spafia did some amazing things, but I would love them to get involved with the right people, rather than some weird deals with different brands. Use the fact we broke the "Super League" in our favor with UEFA, because the fuckers owe us big time.

In this world, you need to be like that, sadly, because, it breaks my heart knowing this incredible generation will never get the full recognition because of how bent the media and the surroundings are.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby dave watson's perm » Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:05 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:The ref was dire and our manager was dire in his team selection .
Foden is injured , Walker is out for the knock outs (not sure if it’s One game ?)

He never used one fucking youth player until the 87th minute and made the shocking decision to play fernandino for the whole game !! a player who gave the ball away more than anyone else !!

The reason we won’t win the CL is because he isn’t capable of not having these continuous brain farts which seem to be part and parcel of his DNA in this competition.

Horrendous management yesterday .

i find it bizarre that he speaks out about having a skeleton team last week yet doesnt use all his subs in what was a meaningless game.
dave watson's perm
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Paul Power

Postby RodneyRodney » Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:31 am

I'm LIVID with Guardiola for last night, as I suspect are the younger players - not "kids" - who were flown half way across Europe and back to sit on the bloody bench for 90 mins. SENSELESS.
95% of the time he's the best coach on the planet ; 5% of the time his decisions completely defy logic.
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:45 am

OD crawled away again ?
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Original Dub » Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:35 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:OD crawled away again ?

No, your anti-pep logic is just too bullet proof to argue with :lol:
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Haaland

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum