***rbl v city official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***rbl v city official match thread***

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:43 am

dave watson's perm wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:The ref was dire and our manager was dire in his team selection .
Foden is injured , Walker is out for the knock outs (not sure if it’s One game ?)

He never used one fucking youth player until the 87th minute and made the shocking decision to play fernandino for the whole game !! a player who gave the ball away more than anyone else !!

The reason we won’t win the CL is because he isn’t capable of not having these continuous brain farts which seem to be part and parcel of his DNA in this competition.

Horrendous management yesterday .

i find it bizarre that he speaks out about having a skeleton team last week yet doesnt use all his subs in what was a meaningless game.

Nothing new in that, you can almost forecast which minute after 80 the subs will be used, mostly 86 or 87
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby sheblue » Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:27 pm

Can't understand it. World class manager, fantastic coach who improves players. He has been a revelation in so many ways. The superlatives are endless.

But now and again he really does some very very stupid things. That the whole world can see are obviously wrong.
Baffling.

You can never say never in football, but it's for that reason we are very unlikely to win the CL with him.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Mase » Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:42 pm

I can see what Pep was doing last night - giving senior players minutes that aren’t match fit. The team put out should still have been enough to beat RBL, they’re really poor. A lot of players poor on the night and that needs to lie on the shoulders of Stones, Kev, Foden, Walker, Fern etc.

What I honestly can’t forgive Pep for is the shitty 3 minutes for Palmer and nothing for McAtee. It would have done no harm giving them both 20 minutes each. Especially for McAtee who is someone we’re trying to tie down to a contract. Baffles me.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:10 pm

Original Dub wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:OD crawled away again ?

No, your anti-pep logic is just too bullet proof to argue with :lol:

Yep - his táctica and line ups for the CL games are spot
On .

Gimp .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Original Dub » Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:12 pm

Mase wrote:I can see what Pep was doing last night - giving senior players minutes that aren’t match fit. The team put out should still have been enough to beat RBL, they’re really poor. A lot of players poor on the night and that needs to lie on the shoulders of Stones, Kev, Foden, Walker, Fern etc.

What I honestly can’t forgive Pep for is the shitty 3 minutes for Palmer and nothing for McAtee. It would have done no harm giving them both 20 minutes each. Especially for McAtee who is someone we’re trying to tie down to a contract. Baffles me.

Yes, that part is very baffling. It was a nothing game so get minutes under the senior players who need them and give the youngsters decent game time too.

Carl, you should have used this for your latest anti-Pep rant. It would have made more sense than blaming him for Kyle Walker getting a red card :lol:
"Alvarez haters must be squirming"
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Haaland

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:14 pm

It’s funny I just don’t get the overthinking of fans on here. It’s job done and the kids are getting to be part of the best environment. It has done Phil no harm. We gain long term. I caught up with blues today, not arsed in the slightest about last night. Group won.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mase » Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:25 pm

Hazy2 wrote:It’s funny I just don’t get the overthinking of fans on here. It’s job done and the kids are getting to be part of the best environment. It has done Phil no harm. We gain long term. I caught up with blues today, not arsed in the slightest about last night. Group won.

We can’t really use Foden as an example though, the guys a City fan. I’d imagine he’d have stayed here whether he got 1 minute or 90 minutes. Plus he’s a generational talent - Foden would have made it whatever the circumstances.

There’s kids, like McAtee, that are chomping at the bit and doing everything right. We’re looking to tie him down to a contract and giving him 20 mins and his CL debut wouldn’t have made the result worse last night and it would only have benefited the player himself.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:08 pm

Mase wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:It’s funny I just don’t get the overthinking of fans on here. It’s job done and the kids are getting to be part of the best environment. It has done Phil no harm. We gain long term. I caught up with blues today, not arsed in the slightest about last night. Group won.

We can’t really use Foden as an example though, the guys a City fan. I’d imagine he’d have stayed here whether he got 1 minute or 90 minutes. Plus he’s a generational talent - Foden would have made it whatever the circumstances.

There’s kids, like McAtee, that are chomping at the bit and doing everything right. We’re looking to tie him down to a contract and giving him 20 mins and his CL debut wouldn’t have made the result worse last night and it would only have benefited the player himself.

If McAtee is off he’s off. 20 mins is not going to change his or his agents mind. Seen it before Mase, we will do it to others and it will happen to us. Last night is not going to decide Jack. Just how the game is now. McAtee has his pathway I hope he sees it signs and stays, no better place than City for a ball player.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mase » Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:20 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
Mase wrote:

If McAtee is off he’s off. 20 mins is not going to change his or his agents mind. Seen it before Mase, we will do it to others and it will happen to us. Last night is not going to decide Jack. Just how the game is now. McAtee has his pathway I hope he sees it signs and stays, no better place than City for a ball player.

I can see what you’re saying mate, but as a kid coming through I’m sure 20 mins in the CL is massive for them. Going back to the EDS having just made your CL debut I’m sure is huge for them. Palmer would have been buzzing going back the other week having scored in the CL.

McAtee isn’t Foden. He’s from Salford and we got him from the Rags. It’s likely he supported United. We need to show these kids we want them here and they’ll get a chance, just as much as they need to show us they want to be here - and judging by his performances for the EDS this season he does.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:50 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

On .

Gimp .

You blame the manager for a player getting sent off.

And I'm the gimp?

:lol:
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:08 pm

shit
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:20 pm

Original Dub wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

On .

Gimp .

You blame the manager for a player getting sent off.

And I'm the gimp?

Indirectly ,Yes I do as he shouldn’t have played him
in this game -
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:39 pm

Mase wrote:

Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Dimples » Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:09 pm

Foden stayed, others left.
Foden has won multiple medals, developed, etc...

Of those who left I cannot think of one who has done better than Foden - so far.
Sancho got game time in Germany and a move to the Rags. Won one cup, hardly earth shattering. So Foden doing better at the moment.

Any of the other standouts who left doing better?
Diaz - no, etc...

Put it another way. If I was a young player in any other academy I would consider a move to City as the best I could make.

If I was an academy playr based on the above I would stay with City.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Mase » Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:19 pm

Dimples wrote:Foden stayed, others left.

Of those who left I cannot think of one who has done better than Foden - so far.
Sancho got game time in Germany and a move to the Rags. Won one cup, hardly earth shattering. So Foden doing better at the moment.

Diaz - no, etc...

Put it another way. If I was a young player in any other academy I would consider a move to City as the best I could make.

But you’re a City fan. Like Foden.
We’ve had multiple players leave by choice and whether they’ve “made it” or not, we’re pumping that much in to the academy that at some point we’ll get multiple brilliant players come through at the same time and it’s all about showing them there is a path to the first team. Not by showing them a City fan that is generational, but a number of players.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carolina-blue » Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:20 pm

Mase wrote:
Dimples wrote:Foden stayed, others left.

Diaz - no, etc...

But you’re a City fan. Like Foden.
We’ve had multiple players leave by choice and whether they’ve “made it” or not, we’re pumping that much in to the academy that at some point we’ll get multiple brilliant players come through at the same time and it’s all about showing them there is a path to the first team. Not by showing them a City fan that is generational, but a number of players.

I hear the arguments for and against good points in both , But this time he should have given game time to the lads As Mase said earlier they would have been Buzzin this morning irrespective of the result and it was a meaningless match as far as we were concerned
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Mase » Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:33 pm

It also improves the profile of the players that come through the academy that won’t make it with us. If we’re not going to loan them out, like Harwood Bellis who has started 12 matches for Anderlect this season, and we’re not going to give them 20 mins in meaningless matches then how can we improve our chances of getting better money for them when we choose to sell on?

Edozie played well in pre season, because he was given the chance. If we end up selling on we’ll get better money because of that.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:38 pm

I thought we didn’t give a fuck about the CL. For a while I’ve been calling for us to support the lads yet seemed to get the big fuck off pill as we hated them because they fucked us over.

Now, we’re interested, which is great to see as we can now all get behind the lads and IF they ever allow us to win it, we can place it on the centre spot and piss in it in a team huddle.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:22 am

UEFA have the ability to increase walkers suspension .

So that is an open and shit case then - 2 match ban coming up !!
Should never ever have played.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:39 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:UEFA have the ability to increase walkers suspension .

So that is an open and shit case then - 2 match ban coming up !!
Should never ever have played.

Well, should certainly not have gotten himself sent off. He played quite a few times without doing that, so playing wasn't the problem obviously.

I fucking hate you baldie !!!!

Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum