***Arsenal v Champions Official Match Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Arsenal v Champions Official Match Thread***

Postby PeterParker » Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:41 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:
PeterParker wrote:Just finished watching the highlights of the came. Can someone confirm that Raheem Sterling is 11 points clear and top of the league?

Confirmed

Game not came. Fucking autocorrect :lol: :lol:
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:46 pm

PeterParker wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:
PeterParker wrote:Just finished watching the highlights of the came. Can someone confirm that Raheem Sterling is 11 points clear and top of the league?

Confirmed

Game not came. Fucking autocorrect :lol: :lol:[/quo
:lol: :lol:
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby ross.mcfc » Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:29 pm

Original Dub wrote:There is no way in hell we'd have been allowed to win this game before VAR.

I remember so many games after we were taken over that we were denied stone wall penos and officials breaking up our approach play if momentum was swinging our way.

We became too good for the latter to decide games but var has changed the former in most cases.

It's nearly a level playing ground now.

And they all fucking HATE IT!

Enjoy lads, happy new year

This X 1000. VAR has been a great leveller for us.

The thing that did my head in today is down to either scripted drama for talking points from BT or pundits with shit for brains.

Keown complaining that "it's not right that the VAR is telling the ref it's a penalty." That's what he's there for you fucking Muppet.

Once the TV ref had explained clearly why both were the correct decision Camel face moans "it's just so confusing and that's why it upsets fans."

It's only confusing after you've had it explained to you in clear terms if you have complete shit for brains.

My real favourite is the people demanding consistency. One is not like the other today. Just like Harry Kane's let off against Liverpool was not the same as Robertson's vicious swing. It doesn't work like that.

These fuckwits are the same people this time last year were turning gammon over there being too many penalties last season and official awarding penalties after watching 2 minutes of slow-mo replays.

If you were to award a penalty against Ederson it would have taken minutes to find the right angle slowed down to prove anything. The exact thing people hated last year. If you want consistency, be consistent about what you actually want.

VAR will never make everyone happy no matter what due to football fans nature but it doesn't help when the so called experts and ex pro's are thick as two planks.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby sheblue » Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:34 pm

Fucking tarquins suck it up.
Wheres klopp for a good cry whe you need him.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby hayling22 » Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:34 pm

Obvious penalty...why would an Arsenal player pull Bernado's shirt if he was already on the way down?
hayling22
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Dennis Tueart

Postby patrickblue » Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:53 pm

hayling22 wrote:Obvious penalty...why would an Arsenal player pull Bernado's shirt if he was already on the way down?

Maybe he was just being a nice chap and was trying to stop Bernie falling and hurting himself.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby hayling22 » Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:55 pm

patrickblue wrote:
hayling22 wrote:Obvious penalty...why would an Arsenal player pull Bernado's shirt if he was already on the way down?

Maybe he was just being a nice chap and was trying to stop Bernie falling and hurting himself.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
hayling22
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Dennis Tueart

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:08 pm

Still pissed off at the BT commentary. I’ve been the biggest one to have a go at a ref for bollox decisions but those fuckers today acted worse than any of us, it was so churlish. Even though, once they got their cartel eyes out of their arses following the replays, they admitted that each of the calls were correct, they were so upset with said calls that they then subverted their own conclusions in order to set a narrative, a narrative which was so anti-City.

Quite simply, they were acting like spoiled fans who threw their dummy’s out of the pram. They had set the narrative early and every one of them fell into the current soft arse perception that ‘It’s all City’s fault’, a perception led by allegiance to the old Sky 4. McManaman for Liverpool, Ferdinand for United, Keown for Arsenal, with Fletcher and Humphrey’s purporting to be Forest and Norwich fans when we can all see that they have a deep sentiment for United and Liverpool, respectively.

And, for BT to allow and encourage that behaviour, it is all very clear that the agenda against City is very much ‘Clear and Obvious’. Just never thought they’d stoop that low. They must be really hurting.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:16 pm

ross.mcfc wrote:
Original Dub wrote:There is no way in hell we'd have been allowed to win this game before VAR.

I remember so many games after we were taken over that we were denied stone wall penos and officials breaking up our approach play if momentum was swinging our way.

We became too good for the latter to decide games but var has changed the former in most cases.

The thing that did my head in today is down to either scripted drama for talking points from BT or pundits with shit for brains.

Keown complaining that "it's not right that the VAR is telling the ref it's a penalty." That's what he's there for you fucking Muppet.

Once the TV ref had explained clearly why both were the correct decision Camel face moans "it's just so confusing and that's why it upsets fans."

It's only confusing after you've had it explained to you in clear terms if you have complete shit for brains.

My real favourite is the people demanding consistency. One is not like the other today. Just like Harry Kane's let off against Liverpool was not the same as Robertson's vicious swing. It doesn't work like that.

These fuckwits are the same people this time last year were turning gammon over there being too many penalties last season and official awarding penalties after watching 2 minutes of slow-mo replays.

If you were to award a penalty against Ederson it would have taken minutes to find the right angle slowed down to prove anything. The exact thing people hated last year. If you want consistency, be consistent about what you actually want.

VAR will never make everyone happy no matter what due to football fans nature but it doesn't help when the so called experts and ex pro's are thick as two planks.

Should have read this prior to posting mine, would have saved a minute or 2.

Can I just add that things seem to have changed over the last month as we seem to be getting honest officiating. There’s always an element of doubt but the main things we’ve whinged about have subsided and we have recently had a level playing field. Todays big decisions are what I expected in a fair and balanced world, exclaiming on both incidents as they happened. The problem is that usually we don’t play in a fair and balanced world so once again was expecting the worse, only to be proven wrong and that the officials can get it right.

Anyway, fuck ‘em and really enjoyed Rodri doing an Adebayor in front of their fans.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ross.mcfc » Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:09 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
ross.mcfc wrote:

Can I just add that things seem to have changed over the last month as we seem to be getting honest officiating. There’s always an element of doubt but the main things we’ve whinged about have subsided and we have recently had a level playing field. Todays big decisions are what I expected in a fair and balanced world, exclaiming on both incidents as they happened. The problem is that usually we don’t play in a fair and balanced world so once again was expecting the worse, only to be proven wrong and that the officials can get it right.

Anyway, fuck ‘em and really enjoyed Rodri doing an Adebayor in front of their fans.

VAR worked well in the WC and Euros and seems to work well in the Champions League. It won't work well in this country as it won't be allowed to work well by thick fucks who don't understand the laws or don't like the outcomes as it doesn't suit them.

I'm not one for getting annoyed about media bias or outside noise but I was furious with the post match stuff today. You'd have thought someone had died.
ross.mcfc

Postby ross.mcfc » Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:14 pm

Small note. The VAR guy was the ref from the Brentford game. Excellent on both occasions.

An Aussie who didn't go through the English system.
ross.mcfc

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:38 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Still pissed off at the BT commentary. I’ve been the biggest one to have a go at a ref for bollox decisions but those fuckers today acted worse than any of us, it was so churlish. Even though, once they got their cartel eyes out of their arses following the replays, they admitted that each of the calls were correct, they were so upset with said calls that they then subverted their own conclusions in order to set a narrative, a narrative which was so anti-City.

Quite simply, they were acting like spoiled fans who threw their dummy’s out of the pram. They had set the narrative early and every one of them fell into the current soft arse perception that ‘It’s all City’s fault’, a perception led by allegiance to the old Sky 4. McManaman for Liverpool, Ferdinand for United, Keown for Arsenal, with Fletcher and Humphrey’s purporting to be Forest and Norwich fans when we can all see that they have a deep sentiment for United and Liverpool, respectively.

And, for BT to allow and encourage that behaviour, it is all very clear that the agenda against City is very much ‘Clear and Obvious’. Just never thought they’d stoop that low. They must be really hurting.

Sent another complaint - they love it unfortunately
More completely unacceptable partisan commentary from BT Sport biased against Manchester City. I thought I was watching Arsenal TV. When City got their penalty Keown actually claimed the referee had lost control of the game. At least he didn't ask "Can I mention financial doping" on this occasion. The main studio presenter Humphrey was also typically hostile to the away team, as he was after the previous BT City game which he said "left a bad taste in his mouth" after they won. The anti City script is simply blatant.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:45 pm

ross.mcfc wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
ross.mcfc wrote:

VAR worked well in the WC and Euros and seems to work well in the Champions League. It won't work well in this country as it won't be allowed to work well by thick fucks who don't understand the laws or don't like the outcomes as it doesn't suit them.

I'm not one for getting annoyed about media bias or outside noise but I was furious with the post match stuff today. You'd have thought someone had died.

I didn’t last long with the after-stuff and had to turn everything off as I was totally appalled. Not as a City fan, but a fan in general as it proved the point that the media are so blatant in this manner.

As soon as I seen Humphrey’s forcing himself back in the chair, head thrust back, then you knew it was then to be a fan led diatribe, just like we’ve seen from the outpourings on social media. It’s been very obvious to all Blues on how we’ve been treated by BT, the negative stuff in the PL, the total omission of City in the CL advertising, as well as McManaman almost topping himself when we beat Real, but today was a step too far.

What can I say, what can we do? To be honest, not much as they don’t answer if you complain as it’s easier to ignore and pander to the cartel shite. However, personally cancelling 2, and about 8 contracts in total, with Sky and BT, worth quite a few grand to them, makes the experience a lot more fulfilling. Let the Rags, et al pay for the privilege of paying for my enjoyment of seeing them not winning shit, I just have to listen to their salty tears of outrage and get even more outrageous with their output.

Fuck ‘em.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:48 pm

ross.mcfc wrote:Small note. The VAR guy was the ref from the Brentford game. Excellent on both occasions.

An Aussie who didn't go through the English system.

Not sure if we’ve put a case across after Pep’s outbursts but we’ve been ref’d very fairly, IMO.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:50 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Still pissed off at the BT commentary. I’ve been the biggest one to have a go at a ref for bollox decisions but those fuckers today acted worse than any of us, it was so churlish. Even though, once they got their cartel eyes out of their arses following the replays, they admitted that each of the calls were correct, they were so upset with said calls that they then subverted their own conclusions in order to set a narrative, a narrative which was so anti-City.

Sent another complaint - they love it unfortunately
More completely unacceptable partisan commentary from BT Sport biased against Manchester City. I thought I was watching Arsenal TV. When City got their penalty Keown actually claimed the referee had lost control of the game. At least he didn't ask "Can I mention financial doping" on this occasion. The main studio presenter Humphrey was also typically hostile to the away team, as he was after the previous BT City game which he said "left a bad taste in his mouth" after they won. The anti City script is simply blatant.

Good effort, mate, but wasting your time I’m afraid.

Looking forward to MotD with Ian Wright and that guy who climbs the stairs up to the bedroom. BBC spokesman, Osman, already stated that the ref got the decisions right.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:52 pm

Fucking hell:

‘Saka … yesssssssss!’

Forget about getting an honest opinion later!

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:54 pm

I suppose we have to realise that BT and the BBC are all part of the same system.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:03 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Fucking hell:

‘Saka … yesssssssss!’

Wow. MOTD agree on both penalty decisions. Maybe after it was there in black and white that the correct decisions were made they would look rather silly debating it further
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:05 pm

Fucking hell, Wright and that bloke who knows what is at the top of the stairs have agreed that the ref/VAR were right.

Good to see that they are concentrating on how good Arsenal were early on.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:07 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Fucking hell:

‘Saka … yesssssssss!’

Wow. MOTD agree on both penalty decisions. Maybe after it was there in black and white that the correct decisions were made they would look rather silly debating it further

Yep, just brought some recognition back to a difficult game for both teams.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum