Proper trophies

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Proper trophies

1 - Community Shield
18%
2 - Club World Championship
11%
3 - UEFA Super Cup
13%
4 - None of these
58%

Total votes : 45

Re: Proper trophies

Postby Original Dub » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:30 pm

I'd like to win anything we're involved in obviously. It's just I wouldn't ever count any of these joke competitions if I was listing off our honours.

Maybe that's the real question
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Haaland

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:35 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Mase wrote:Can you start a thread on the most aggressive poster. I might win something finally!

My arse. I'm having that trophy - you can have the most passive aggressive one :lol:

Can we have one for the most Xenophobic/Racist, no forget that, only one winner there :lol:
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby PeterParker » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:37 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Mase wrote:Can you start a thread on the most aggressive poster. I might win something finally!

My arse. I'm having that trophy - you can have the most passive aggressive one :lol:

Can we have one for the most Xenophobic/Racist, no forget that, only one winner there :lol:

Don't mention him, pal, it's like Beetlejuice. Two more times and we are fucked. :lol:
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby CTID Hants » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:37 pm

Charity shield is just a decent pre season friendly, a good day out, that said it did hurt when we lost to the rags the cunts.

Options 2 and 3 are just a ball ache bi products of winning chumps league, cash cows for uefa and fifa respectively, I don't think I've ever seen one of them on telly ever and even mates who are chelski or dipper fans didn't bother watching when they were in them.

At least Charity shield raises money for good causes unlike the other 2 .

So it's simple really, option 4 all day long, not even debatable imo
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Mase » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:40 pm

PeterParker wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Don't mention him, pal, it's like Beetlejuice. Two more times and we are fucked. :lol:

:lol:
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby patrickblue » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:40 pm

Nah, Carl would win that hands down.

I reckon you'd win a passive aggressive poll though.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Mase » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:41 pm

patrickblue wrote:

Nah, Carl would win that hands down.

I reckon you'd win a passive aggressive poll though.

You fuckin what?!!!!!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:41 pm

PeterParker wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Considering I never mentioned a name, his reputation must go before him :lol:
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby patrickblue » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:43 pm

carolina-blue wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:4 for me non of the above do it for me, what about Full Members Cup? Who went to Wembley for that?

I did funny as fuck coming back to the coaches
You’d have thought Chelsea had lost miserable cunts

I was there, stuck right in amongst the rent boys.

I've still got the commemorative scarf somewhere.
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby PeterParker » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:43 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Considering I never mentioned a name, his reputation must go before him :lol:

Didn't Stupot or Outcast randomly mentioned him a month ago and he came from nowhere?
I was certain he was caught forever in the e-ticket system. Like in Jumanji.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:50 pm

I mentioned him before, but I think I got away with it :lol:
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby patrickblue » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:51 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
carolina-blue wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:4 for me non of the above do it for me, what about Full Members Cup? Who went to Wembley for that?

Yeah, I did as well. We were on the attack when the cunt blew for full time. A tad early by my watch.

A good day out on the whole (apart from the five Chelsea goals, like). Bear in mind we played the Manchester derby at the fleapit the previous day. I really liked Clive Wilson and was gutted when he left.

Is the Full Members' Cup a real trophy? The Chelsea players seemed to think so. The City fans who invaded the pitch when we won the Northern Final seemed fairly excited, too.

Considering the first trophy I saw a City captain hold above his head (and I had been a season ticket holder for over twenty years at that point) was the 3rd Division Play-off trophy, I will accept anything we can win. Would I prioritise the Super Cups over the Premier League, no. But so what?

Each to his own, I think.

I don't really remember whether we thought of the full members cup as micky mouse or not.
It was brought in as a domestic replacement for European competitions because some scouse team (I can't remember their name) had got all the English clubs banned from Europe.

It wasn't their fault though.
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:54 pm

patrickblue wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:
carolina-blue wrote:

Yeah, I did as well. We were on the attack when the cunt blew for full time. A tad early by my watch.

A good day out on the whole (apart from the five Chelsea goals, like). Bear in mind we played the Manchester derby at the fleapit the previous day. I really liked Clive Wilson and was gutted when he left.

Is the Full Members' Cup a real trophy? The Chelsea players seemed to think so. The City fans who invaded the pitch when we won the Northern Final seemed fairly excited, too.

Considering the first trophy I saw a City captain hold above his head (and I had been a season ticket holder for over twenty years at that point) was the 3rd Division Play-off trophy, I will accept anything we can win. Would I prioritise the Super Cups over the Premier League, no. But so what?

Each to his own, I think.

I don't really remember whether we thought of the full members cup as micky mouse or not.
It was brought in as a domestic replacement for European competitions because some scouse team (I can't remember their name) had got all the English clubs banned from Europe.

It wasn't their fault though.

I thought Chelsea fans were involved is that right :lol:
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby nottsblue » Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:40 pm

Seeing the captain climbing the stairs at Wembley to collect a piece of silverware is never a bad thing and another saunter down to Etihad South is rather pleasant. But it is a pre season friendly at the end of the day. And the best way in my eyes to describe it is it’s a game you play if you have won one of the two big pots, you know, the ones that count.

The Super cup and World club championship are similar. I mean, they used to be played in Monaco in front of about 5000 fans at best and Japan in front of even less. The fans couldn’t give two fucks
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Outcast » Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:53 pm

Original Dub wrote:

Rattling cages it's not the same as ousting a member. I'll never forgive Mase for ousting City64.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby PeterParker » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:00 pm

nottsblue wrote:best and Japan in front of even less. The fans couldn’t give two fucks

Now or late 90s when they changed it?
Before that, when it was Intercontinental Cup, the stadium was packed. Year after year.
Check for example Porto vs Penarol in 87 or 88, a snowy classic. In 89, 40.000 Colombians went to see them with Milan, many of the travel expenses being paid by the Cartels (allegedly).

The other one, if I recall, until moving it to Monte Carlo in 98 was played in two legs. I think the Rags couldn't play in Belgrade in early 90s because of the war? They had two-legged games with a few exceptions.

I think it's quite a different perspective here how they are seen in vs outside England. But I wouldn't put the Community Shield in the same category as those two.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby nottsblue » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:18 pm

PeterParker wrote:
nottsblue wrote:best and Japan in front of even less. The fans couldn’t give two fucks

Now or late 90s when they changed it?
Before that, when it was Intercontinental Cup, the stadium was packed. Year after year.
Check for example Porto vs Penarol in 87 or 88, a snowy classic. In 89, 40.000 Colombians went to see them with Milan, many of the travel expenses being paid by the Cartels (allegedly).

The other one, if I recall, until moving it to Monte Carlo in 98 was played in two legs. I think the Rags couldn't play in Belgrade in early 90s because of the war? They had two-legged games with a few exceptions.

I think it's quite a different perspective here how they are seen in vs outside England. But I wouldn't put the Community Shield in the same category as those two.

I meant fans of the clubs. Not locals
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby salford city » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:22 pm

None of the above for me. That said, i would be looking to go to one of the euro invite only once we eventually get that monkey off our back
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:25 pm

Outcast wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Rattling cages it's not the same as ousting a member. I'll never forgive Mase for ousting City64.

Would that be the same guy who called me a " bigoted Irish bastard " because the thick cunt saw my location as Derry, even though I was born in Hyde, fucking racist twat.
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mase » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:28 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:
Outcast wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Would that be the same guy who called me a " bigoted Irish bastard " because the thick cunt saw my location as Derry, even though I was born in Hyde, fucking racist twat.

“Allegedly” Harry! He still reads the forum every day and has the lawyers on speed dial.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum