PL Games January 21/22/23

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: PL Games January 21/22/23

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:58 pm

They say football is unpredictable, I have predicted every result apart from the City result
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby nottsblue » Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:59 pm

Wow, the VAR shows his utter ineptitude again. Two Spurs players wrestle a Chelsea player to the ground at a corner in the penalty area and the foul is given the way of Spurs.

Tyler and Ratboy are speechless
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Dimples » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:01 pm

Bear60 wrote:
Woodyblue wrote:We know what we’re up against and I’m sure Pep does too. We have to make sure we keep winning our games. Watching both the rags and the dippers they are nowhere near our level. Pep has to be ruthless too. Needs to give the likes of Sterling, Grealish and Foden a massive kick up their collective arses

Agree with this hopefully they will all get a kick up the arse after yesterday or am I wrong to say that was it just one of them days when things didn't go right for us . But we must kick on from this and get well ahead of those horrible fucking dippers.

Foden definitely needs a talking to.
Sterling misses chances, that is just him.
Grealish I thought had a good game.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:22 pm

Dimples wrote:
Bear60 wrote:
Woodyblue wrote:We know what we’re up against and I’m sure Pep does too. We have to make sure we keep winning our games. Watching both the rags and the dippers they are nowhere near our level. Pep has to be ruthless too. Needs to give the likes of Sterling, Grealish and Foden a massive kick up their collective arses

Agree with this hopefully they will all get a kick up the arse after yesterday or am I wrong to say that was it just one of them days when things didn't go right for us . But we must kick on from this and get well ahead of those horrible fucking dippers.

In a game like yesterdays , Grealish was bought to win those games .
Him wearing the number 10 shirt is a piss take .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Woodyblue » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:55 pm

Dimples wrote:
Bear60 wrote:

I disagree, for 100mil player I think Grealish is average at best and offers very little and to state that Sterling

I disagree, for 100mil player I think Grealish is average at best and offers very little, always looking for the short pass rather than taking a player on and to just dismiss Sterling’s misses as “that is just him” is not good enough. He is a senior player and should be an integral part of our team but comes up wanting far too many times when it really matters.
Woodyblue
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

My favourite player is: Mario Ballotelli

Postby Outcast » Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:20 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Dimples wrote:
Bear60 wrote:

In a game like yesterdays , Grealish was bought to win those games .
Him wearing the number 10 shirt is a piss take .

Fodens tracking back for their goal was pathetic
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby zuricity » Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:23 pm

Woodyblue wrote:
Dimples wrote:
Bear60 wrote:

I disagree, for 100mil player I think Grealish is average at best and offers very little and to state that Sterling

I disagree, for 100mil player I think Grealish is average at best and offers very little, always looking for the short pass rather than taking a player on and to just dismiss Sterling’s misses as “that is just him” is not good enough. He is a senior player and should be an integral part of our team but comes up wanting far too many times when it really matters.

Sterling should have hammered that shot , take the goalie with it into the net . unforgiveable.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:34 pm

zuricity wrote:
Woodyblue wrote:
Dimples wrote:
Bear60 wrote:

Sterling should have hammered that shot , take the goalie with it into the net . unforgiveable.

I’d go as far as to say he’s the worst player in all divisions for one on ones .

It was actually harder to not score .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Mase » Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:47 pm

The people saying Grealish should be taking players on…that’s not the Pep way. You think Grealish just stopped doing that because he thought it was fun? I know it’s impossible to blame our saviour, but taking players on isn’t Pep’s way and Grealish has been asked to change the way he plays. That’s not the players fault.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Woodyblue » Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:55 pm

Mase wrote:The people saying Grealish should be taking players on…that’s not the Pep way. You think Grealish just stopped doing that because he thought it was fun? I know it’s impossible to blame our saviour, but taking players on isn’t Pep’s way and Grealish has been asked to change the way he plays. That’s not the players fault.

So what was he brought in for? I don’t really see what he does. He doesn’t seem to have any real pace, very rarely takes the ball to the byline to cross it. He just seems to play it back to where it came from. All I’m saying is that by now I want to see him create more when he gets the ball.
Woodyblue

Postby Mase » Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:11 pm

Woodyblue wrote:
Mase wrote:The people saying Grealish should be taking players on…that’s not the Pep way. You think Grealish just stopped doing that because he thought it was fun? I know it’s impossible to blame our saviour, but taking players on isn’t Pep’s way and Grealish has been asked to change the way he plays. That’s not the players fault.

So what was he brought in for? I don’t really see what he does. He doesn’t seem to have any real pace, very rarely takes the ball to the byline to cross it. He just seems to play it back to where it came from. All I’m saying is that by now I want to see him create more when he gets the ball.

He’s literally created the second most key chances per 90 minutes in the Prem mate. Second behind Kev (who is only 0.1 ahead of him).

I hear what you’re saying, but he’s been told to play a certain way and that’s what he’s doing.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:19 pm

I know margins are fine at the top level, however if you are in receipt of mega money you have to take the flak if you fuck up like Sterling did yesterday
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Woodyblue » Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:51 pm

Mase wrote:
Woodyblue wrote:

He’s literally created the second most key chances per 90 minutes in the Prem mate. Second behind Kev (who is only 0.1 ahead of him).

I hear what you’re saying, but he’s been told to play a certain way and that’s what he’s doing.

We’re not a million miles apart here Mase. When I say I want him to create more I don’t just mean setting people up. Kev does that but also creates far more chances for himself too. Grealish has got that in his locker definitely and that is what I would like to see more of.
Woodyblue

Postby Mase » Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:54 pm

Woodyblue wrote:
Mase wrote:
Woodyblue wrote:

We’re not a million miles apart here Mase. When I say I want him to create more I don’t just mean setting people up. Kev does that but also creates far more chances for himself too. Grealish has got that in his locker definitely and that is what I would like to see more of.

Ah okay, I get you. We’re probably on the same page then to be fair.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nick » Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:18 pm

Didnt see grealish in the chance creation stats i saw earlier on sky ? Saw kev, penandes, saleh etc
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Mase » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:31 am

Nick wrote:Didnt see grealish in the chance creation stats i saw earlier on sky ? Saw kev, penandes, saleh etc

They probably showed you total big chances created. Why would they show you something that bigs Grealish up, when they can run stories about how crap he is?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Outcast » Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:52 am

Geees we've had a blip, we'll bounce back.

Foden will sort himself out eventually
Grealish will come good
Sterling will be fine as long as he doesn't end up in 1v1 sitiation
Mahrez back in the fold
KDB getting better just at the right time
Ed best goalkeeper in the league
Defensively we're still solid

Someone needs to put a positive spin on a doom and gloom weekend

We'll beat Brentford 5-0
Outcast

Postby Mase » Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:56 am

Outcast wrote:Geees we've had a blip, we'll bounce back.

Grealish will come good
Mahrez back in the fold

We'll beat Brentford 5-0

We just need Kolarov back to sort out the LB position and I think we’ll win the league by 20 points.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby salford city » Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:18 am

Grealish will come good
Mahrez back in the fold

We'll beat Brentford 5-0

I don't believe it has been a doom and gloom weekend? Said in the match thread that we stole a point - very much a point won and a point nearer the title. We rarely lose and so don't let the media fool you into believing the scouse twats will catch us as there is fuck all chance of that. We will win the league by double figures points difference. Agree re Brentford, they could get a proper spanking. Chumps league also to start again and so our focus will come back
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Outcast » Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:29 pm

salford city wrote:

Grealish will come good
Mahrez back in the fold

We'll beat Brentford 5-0

I don't believe it has been a doom and gloom weekend? Said in the match thread that we stole a point - very much a point won and a point nearer the title. We rarely lose and so don't let the media fool you into believing the scouse twats will catch us as there is fuck all chance of that. We will win the league by double figures points difference. Agree re Brentford, they could get a proper spanking. Chumps league also to start again and so our focus will come back

Nothing wrong with cock teasing vermins into believing they'll catch us. They're having a premature ejaculation.
Outcast

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum