☆☆☆☆☆Saints v The Champions Official Match Thread☆☆☆☆☆

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ☆☆☆☆☆Saints v The Champions Official Match Thread☆☆☆☆☆

Postby Original Dub » Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:39 pm

Mase wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Lads, we had a shite first half hour but Holy fuck was that like the bad old days of being raped by officials. Amazing to think that can still happen with VAR.

I think we all accepted a long time ago they're going to do us in certain games but they can't do it every game.

Their protection of the brand supercedes everything

I knew we were due one from the officials before we kicked off. They’re so obvious

It is obvious mate but having the commentators/media on your side is massive.

They can tell everyone the right decisions were made and all is well.

If the commentators said what they saw, officials wouldn't get away with it.
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Haaland

Postby sheblue » Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:42 pm

We were very poor in the 1st half as bad as we have been for a very long time. A bit better in the 2nd.
Not worried as vermin will drop points as well and surely we won't play as bad again for a good while to come.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:42 pm

Mase wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Lads, we had a shite first half hour but Holy fuck was that like the bad old days of being raped by officials. Amazing to think that can still happen with VAR.

I think we all accepted a long time ago they're going to do us in certain games but they can't do it every game.

I knew we were due one from the officials before we kicked off. They’re so obvious

Lately, I think we’ve got had a fair call from the officials but when you see them tonight, you really notice how obvious it is. There was one point where the ref took about 10 seconds to penalise us in the box, obviously signalled from the Match Commander in his ear.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Outcast » Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:43 pm

I wouldn't worry, we're bound to have blips and thankfully it won't be that costly. Our rivals will drop points along the way. I can't see us faltering, We move on
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Dimples » Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:45 pm

This result gives hope to the Dippers who can go on a long winning run with a little help from VAR.
The problem for them is squad depth and number of competitions that they are still (uncharacteristically) involved in.
VAR had got dragged a dreadful Rags outfit into fourth. Think what they can do for a good Dipper team.

We are still in the driving seat but the PL title race is not over.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Mase » Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:48 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Mase wrote:

Lately, I think we’ve got had a fair call from the officials but when you see them tonight, you really notice how obvious it is. There was one point where the ref took about 10 seconds to penalise us in the box, obviously signalled from the Match Commander in his ear.

That was my worry, we’ve been officiated fairly recently so it was only a matter of time before they screwed us.

Hopefully we can ask the question about the red and use Stones’ red as an example.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Outcast » Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:51 pm

Dimples wrote:This result gives hope to the Dippers who can go on a long winning run with a little help from VAR.
The problem for them is squad depth and number of competitions that they are still (uncharacteristically) involved in.
VAR had got dragged a dreadful Rags outfit into fourth. Think what they can do for a good Dipper team.

We are still in the driving seat but the PL title race is not over.

I personally think it is, we're much more adapt at putting on runs of wins than them, this comes from experience. Brentford are in for a good hiding.
Outcast

Postby Mase » Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:54 pm

Their goal was disgraceful. Foden not tracking his man deserves a massive bollocking. He was strolling around for most of the game and apart from the one he put in a plate for Sterling, he didn’t do anything. Whatever is happening with him off the pitch I hope gets sorted.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Outcast » Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:55 pm

Mase wrote:Their goal was disgraceful. Foden not tracking his man deserves a massive bollocking. He was strolling around for most of the game and apart from the one he put in a plate for Sterling, he didn’t do anything. Whatever is happening with him off the pitch I hope gets sorted.

It's his stupid haircuts and hair dye
Outcast

Postby s1ty m » Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:59 pm

Mase wrote:Their goal was disgraceful. Foden not tracking his man deserves a massive bollocking. He was strolling around for most of the game and apart from the one he put in a plate for Sterling, he didn’t do anything. Whatever is happening with him off the pitch I hope gets sorted.

I'd sit him for a few games. I hope he's not seen his arse. Offers not a lot at the moment.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby salford city » Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:00 pm

Back on the coach with the gin and tunes. We stole a point today could have been dicked in the first half. One shot Eddy again everything goes through him. The offside the kid has put the ball under him. Onwards and upwards
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Mase » Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:07 pm

salford city wrote:Back on the coach with the gin and tunes. We stole a point today could have been dicked in the first half. One shot Eddy again everything goes through him. The offside the kid has put the ball under him. Onwards and upwards

Bit harsh on Ed mate. He saved us against Chelsea with that Lukaku 1v1.

Hope you had a top day despite the result.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby zuricity » Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:11 pm

Mase wrote:
salford city wrote:Back on the coach with the gin and tunes. We stole a point today could have been dicked in the first half. One shot Eddy again everything goes through him. The offside the kid has put the ball under him. Onwards and upwards

Bit harsh on Ed mate. He saved us against Chelsea with that Lukaku 1v1.

Hope you had a top day despite the result.

Very much so, Eds view was blocked.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby salford city » Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:14 pm

Always a good day City away top day and four hours back to come. Said it many times about Ed, he's in our team for his distribution his shots to save ratio is on a par with Bravo for me. Love Ed but a shot stopper he is not
salford city

Postby zuricity » Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:23 pm

salford city wrote:Always a good day City away top day and four hours back to come. Said it many times about Ed, he's in our team for his distribution his shots to save ratio is on a par with Bravo for me. Love Ed but a shot stopper he is not

Lukaku will certainly disagree with you.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Outcast » Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:34 pm

salford city wrote:Always a good day City away top day and four hours back to come. Said it many times about Ed, he's in our team for his distribution his shots to save ratio is on a par with Bravo for me. Love Ed but a shot stopper he is not

You lost your point when you compared our Ed to Bravo! Shocking
Outcast

Postby Mase » Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:43 pm

Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:48 pm

Mase wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Mase wrote:

That was my worry, we’ve been officiated fairly recently so it was only a matter of time before they screwed us.

Hopefully we can ask the question about the red and use Stones’ red as an example.

It’s quite clear to many that the brand/competition has to be managed and with the current outcry from the Rag/Dipper/Arse media, it had to come.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:51 pm

That was a worldie for him, mate, not sure what Eddie could do.

Good to see you’ve had a good day though, hope you have a good trip back with plenty of swallies to keep you going ;-)

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby salford city » Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:52 pm

Outcast wrote:

You lost your point when you compared our Ed to Bravo! Shocking

Not at all, I will stand Ed's up against Bravo's and I'd say they are close..Have never rated Ed's shot stopping ability. Grear ball distribution and that's why he is our keeper. All about opinions
salford city

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum