View from the Home End

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

View from the Home End

Postby CuteMancs » Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:50 am

Apologies for missing the chav game, but back for this one. It’s all pretty dull on Saints Web, so just a couple of comments for this game. Hope all Blues travelling to the south coast have a safe trip, I am off to Google Julian Alvarez

COME ON CITY!!!

Referee: Simon Hooper
Assistants: Simon Long, Derek Eaton
Fourth official: Andre Marriner
VAR: Darren England
Assistant VAR: Gary Beswick

Team Selection

Forster; KWP Bednarek Salisu Perraud; Armstrong JWP Romeu Tella; Broja Redmond

And the rest…

Free swing, keep the goals against to a minimum and move on.

City are absolutely flying so it’ll take a bit of luck and a lot of hard work to get something from this. I’m expecting a valiant 2-0 defeat.

Play our normal 'fast start' game, get in front early, and then defend for our lives! Realistically, two teams on completely different planets, so long as we get out without any major injuries and pride intact I'm not that fussed.

Very few teams to touch City at the moment but let's give it all we've got. Hopefully a few free kicks might do the trick.

12 on the bounce eh? Unlucky 13, hopefully then.

They are due for a crap result so hopefully this is the game. They looked good v Chelsea but didn't create too much in front of goal but our defence is a lot more generous. We will need some luck/great performances for a point here.

Would try 4-5-1 to give Pep something to think about. Pack the midfield, play a defensive but high line press, Broja up top. Probably will make no difference as the Ref, VAR and a much better squad will prove to be too much. Going 0-4 embarrassment with the slightest possibility of a home goal or limiting them to 3.

Don't think we should be afraid of city. We've shown in the past that we are more than capable of taking points of them, and we were robbed at the etihad earlier this season. Fancy that with a rocking St Mary's and a little bit of luck, we might have a Saints win incoming. At the very least I don't think we are going to lose.

I usually treat my body like a temple. Last night I treated mine like a whorehouse above a liquor store next to a motherfucking Taco Bell.
CuteMancs
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC

Re: View from the Home End

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:01 am

CuteMancs wrote:Apologies for missing the chav game, but back for this one. It’s all pretty dull on Saints Web, so just a couple of comments for this game. Hope all Blues travelling to the south coast have a safe trip, I am off to Google Julian Alvarez

COME ON CITY!!!

Referee: Simon Hooper
Assistants: Simon Long, Derek Eaton
Fourth official: Andre Marriner
VAR: Darren England
Assistant VAR: Gary Beswick

Team Selection

Forster; KWP Bednarek Salisu Perraud; Armstrong JWP Romeu Tella; Broja Redmond

And the rest…

Free swing, keep the goals against to a minimum and move on.

City are absolutely flying so it’ll take a bit of luck and a lot of hard work to get something from this. I’m expecting a valiant 2-0 defeat.

Play our normal 'fast start' game, get in front early, and then defend for our lives! Realistically, two teams on completely different planets, so long as we get out without any major injuries and pride intact I'm not that fussed.

Very few teams to touch City at the moment but let's give it all we've got. Hopefully a few free kicks might do the trick.

12 on the bounce eh? Unlucky 13, hopefully then.

They are due for a crap result so hopefully this is the game. They looked good v Chelsea but didn't create too much in front of goal but our defence is a lot more generous. We will need some luck/great performances for a point here.

Would try 4-5-1 to give Pep something to think about. Pack the midfield, play a defensive but high line press, Broja up top. Probably will make no difference as the Ref, VAR and a much better squad will prove to be too much. Going 0-4 embarrassment with the slightest possibility of a home goal or limiting them to 3.

Don't think we should be afraid of city. We've shown in the past that we are more than capable of taking points of them, and we were robbed at the etihad earlier this season. Fancy that with a rocking St Mary's and a little bit of luck, we might have a Saints win incoming. At the very least I don't think we are going to lose.

Cheers CM. After reading "as the Ref, VAR and a much better squad", it's obvious all teams think that the officials and VAR are used against them! That poster has NEVER watched the shit decisions we've had in the last 10 years!
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:09 am

Cheers CM, the comments seem fairly balanced compared to some, and we have had trouble with Saints in the past, expecting a tough game.
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:23 am

Boring Southampton wrote:Would try 4-5-1 to give Pep something to think about. Pack the midfield, play a defensive but high line press,

This is why teams like Southampton need to get relegated. Boring twats.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby nottsblue » Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:43 pm

Cheers CM

This I fear will be a tougher game than their fans are predicting
Would take a scrappy 1-0 right now
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby john68 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:02 am

We seem tobe able to play all the top teams off the park but have major problems with those few teams who are ultra disciplined defensively and just pack their defence.

This has been a moajor problem for pre Pep teams too. The false nine strategy just doesn't seem to be effective against an eleven man defence all stood in their own 6yd box.

Maybe we need a dedicated strike with height and muscle to challenge in those games.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby salford city » Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:11 am

john68 wrote:We seem tobe able to play all the top teams off the park but have major problems with those few teams who are ultra disciplined defensively and just pack their defence.

This has been a moajor problem for pre Pep teams too. The false nine strategy just doesn't seem to be effective against an eleven man defence all stood in their own 6yd box.

Maybe we need a dedicated strike with height and muscle to challenge in those games.

Said the same on these occasions previously. A presence who can bully is what is needed for these types of games. Fair play to saints in both games, they swamp Rodri and picked up the loose balls.
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Return to The Maine Football forum