Welcome to Manchester Julian Alvarez

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Welcome to Manchester Julian Alvarez

Postby blues2win » Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:03 pm

https://twitter.com/mundialmag/status/1 ... 06849?s=21

Extended highlights. Plays predominantly through the middle. Has pace, awareness excellent finisher two footed. What’s not to like. Worth waiting for.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby patrickblue » Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:29 pm

blues2win wrote:https://twitter.com/mundialmag/status/1488153175110606849?s=21

Extended highlights. Plays predominantly through the middle. Has pace, awareness excellent finisher two footed. What’s not to like. Worth waiting for.

Looks nearly as good as Samaras did in his video.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Nick » Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:57 pm

patrickblue wrote:
blues2win wrote:https://twitter.com/mundialmag/status/1488153175110606849?s=21

Looks nearly as good as Samaras did in his video.

Ha i remember thinking he was the best ever from that
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:32 pm

Quite short.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby sheblue » Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:33 pm

Paul68 wrote:He's not coming until at least July - or December? some reports are saying?

Next December? Really? That's a long wait!!
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:38 pm

Taller than Messi though ;)
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Kippax Sean » Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:17 pm

Hopefully he'll be a massive hit. Looks like he has great ball control and has that instinctive first time shot and positioning.
Kippax Sean
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

My favourite player is: Kun Aguero / Neil mcnab

Postby nottsblue » Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:49 pm

johnny crossan wrote:Quite short.

So was Aguero
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby ruralblue » Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:28 pm

sheblue wrote:
Paul68 wrote:He's not coming until at least July - or December? some reports are saying?

Don't think Pep will be prepared to wait till next December. He'll want him in a for a full pre season especially considering the world Cup in Winter.

Welcome Alvarez. Hope Peps found a gem in you
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby patrickblue » Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:08 pm

ruralblue wrote:
sheblue wrote:

Don't think Pep will be prepared to wait till next December. He'll want him in a for a full pre season especially considering the world Cup in Winter.

No, it's definitely July. River Plate have confirmed he will stay on loan there until July.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby sheblue » Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:46 pm

patrickblue wrote:
ruralblue wrote:
sheblue wrote:

No, it's definitely July. River Plate have confirmed he will stay on loan there until July.

July. That's a bit better.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Mase » Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:56 pm

OS still states - “He will remain with River on loan at least until July 2022.”

“At least”.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby PeterParker » Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:09 pm

Mase wrote:OS still states - “He will remain with River on loan at least until July 2022.”

“At least”.

If it's at least, then we know we are not that keen to have him.
I think it's odd we did not force it to bring him now.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:45 pm

We've bought a few Argies - some a bit better than others :lol: :lol:
Julián Álvarez
Nahuel Bustos
Gerónimo Rulli
Nicolás Otamendi
Willy Caballero
Bruno Zuculini
Martín Demichelis
Sergio Agüero
Carlos Tevez
Pablo Zabaleta
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby CTID Hants » Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:27 pm

PeterParker wrote:
Mase wrote:OS still states - “He will remain with River on loan at least until July 2022.”

“At least”.

Cheer up PP and look at the positives for once.

We beat other teams to his signature including a very bitter Juventus (& other prem teams and RM).

From what I've read he's not going to be a cash cow quick flip.

The way I have read it is he has unfinished business with Riveplate in terms of silverware/honours.

That combined with him getting used to moving continent (he has only just turned 22) , Riverplate needing to find a suitable replacement, it seems in my mind as a very well managed long term purchase.

Txiki said we have been watching him for a fair while. I really don't think this one is one of the quick flips.

I'm not normally one for cracking one out over some YT showreel, but I genuinely like what I've seen.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby john68 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:35 pm

PeterParker wrote:

“At least”.

Peter, why always so bloody pessimistic and negative about almost everything City seem to do?
If our owners and staff were so useless, as you seem to assert on a regualr basis, how the fuck have they managed tobe so successful on and off the pitch?

City identify a youngster who they believe has the potential in the future to be become aWorld class player.
City understand that currently he is not ready to play at the Premier League level.
City see the sense in leaving him where he is instead of uprooting him to a strange country, strange culture and totally different life to develop his skills further.
If he came now, it is likely he would need to go out on loan, after being dragged awy fromhis home and family.
City consider that it is probably better to leave the kid settled in his current environment rather than fuck him about by moving him and possibly moving him again.
As City see him as one for the future rather than the now, 6 months and as we're in no need of him at the moment, they see a benefit in leaving him settled until July, when he can join the squad at the start of a new season.

Makes perfect sense to me.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:39 pm

john68 wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

“At least”.

Peter, why always so bloody pessimistic and negative about almost everything City seem to do?
If our owners and staff were so useless, as you seem to assert on a regualr basis, how the fuck have they managed tobe so successful on and off the pitch?

City identify a youngster who they believe has the potential in the future to be become aWorld class player.
City understand that currently he is not ready to play at the Premier League level.
City see the sense in leaving him where he is instead of uprooting him to a strange country, strange culture and totally different life to develop his skills further.
If he came now, it is likely he would need to go out on loan, after being dragged awy fromhis home and family.
City consider that it is probably better to leave the kid settled in his current environment rather than fuck him about by moving him and possibly moving him again.
As City see him as one for the future rather than the now, 6 months and as we're in no need of him at the moment, they see a benefit in leaving him settled until July, when he can join the squad at the start of a new season.

Just listened to some sniggering no mark on Sky writing Alvarez off as next year's maybe man
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby john68 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:16 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
john68 wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

“At least”.

Just listened to some sniggering no mark on Sky writing Alvarez off as next year's maybe man

He may be quite right about next year Johnny....did he mention how good he might be in 2yrs? A gamble on the future...the next generation.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:34 pm

john68 wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
john68 wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

“At least”.

He may be quite right about next year Johnny....did he mention how good he might be in 2yrs? A gamble on the future...the next generation.

I suspect we'll be hoping for a return on the investment a little earlier than that :)
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby john68 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:50 pm

Maybe so Johnny but following the City process...We currently have arguably one the best squads in the World and apart from a dedicated striker and a left back who can defend as well as get up the line and get pinpoint crosses in, we don't really need much else. But what other global club has the perfect squad?

Looking at the current City set up, we have proven we have the best academy in the country with more players than ever before training with the 1st team squad and pushing to be given a chance.

The players City are reported to be looking at are all young kids that hopefully could give City service for the next 10 years or more. I see Alvarez as part of that new generation. I also see Grealish as next season's man, rather than this.

As for a return, I would think City would hope to see a return on the pitch sooner rather than later but with what we currently have, I don't see City worrying too much about rushing him.
Unlike other top teams, most, like the rags, are in desperate need of succeeding NOW, which shows in some of their buying. We are succeeding now and already planning our next generation, with plenty of time to make a gamble and let it evolve.

I don't see money as an issue as long as we're getting it right.
john68

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum