Welcome to The Chavs Marc Cucurella - A Snip at £62m

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Welcome Marc Cucarella ?

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:50 am

sheblue wrote:All quiet on the western front. Seems we might be moving on.
Zinch seems to be definitely moving on to join Jesus so I expect a LB (or two) very soon ......
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby salford city » Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:04 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
sheblue wrote:All quiet on the western front. Seems we might be moving on.
Zinch seems to be definitely moving on to join Jesus so I expect a LB (or two) very soon ......

Yes makes no sense to let Zincs go without a replacement. Zincs must also know one is coming in to want to go. Whether we get our top choice is the question but a left back by trade is the missing piece
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby sheblue » Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:11 am

Let's hope someone knows something we don't!! Because it's looking quite scant at left back now.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby City64 » Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:01 pm

His price has gone up by the hour now around £50 million . Way overpriced the scruffy little cunt , keep Zinchenko all day long !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Outcast » Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:51 pm

City64 wrote:His price has gone up by the hour now around £50 million . Way overpriced the scruffy little cunt , keep Zinchenko all day long !

No ta. He's probably what we need. Imagine if he can deliver what Kyle Walker did over the years. I can't imagine him turning out like Mendy. At his age, if he delivers, we'll recoup it in 3 years.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby City64 » Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:54 pm

Outcast wrote:
City64 wrote:His price has gone up by the hour now around £50 million . Way overpriced the scruffy little cunt , keep Zinchenko all day long !

No ta. He's probably what we need. Imagine if he can deliver what Kyle Walker did over the years. I can't imagine him turning out like Mendy. At his age, if he delivers, we'll recoup it in 3 years.

Would want something special for a defender costing £50 million. He has had one decent season for Brighton in the PL . £50 million is utter madness imho .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:05 pm

City64 wrote:
Outcast wrote:

Would want something special for a defender costing £50 million. He has had one decent season for Brighton in the PL . £50 million is utter madness imho .
not your or my money, why do we care?
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Outcast » Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:11 pm

City64 wrote:
Outcast wrote:

Special would cost you another 30m, that would be Peps job to take him to next level. I think it's a gamble worth taking, we've been crying out for a proper left back, he ticks many boxes
Outcast

Postby City64 » Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:06 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
City64 wrote:
Outcast wrote:

Got fucking heat stroke you have a lye down ffs :roll: :lol:
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby City64 » Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:09 pm

Outcast wrote:
City64 wrote:
Outcast wrote:

Special would cost you another 30m, that would be Peps job to take him to next level. I think it's a gamble worth taking, we've been crying out for a proper left back, he ticks many boxes

£50 mill tops for a top class defender in the current climate . £25 - £30 million for a bit of a gamble like the lad who seriously needs a proper haircut from Brighton.
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby patrickblue » Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:16 pm

City64 wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
City64 wrote:
Outcast wrote:

Got fucking heat stroke you have a lye down ffs :roll: :lol:

Got to agree with JC there. Unless they start putting up ticket prices to pay for it, it doesn't matter what we think he's worth.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:20 pm

just pay the bloody money
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby City64 » Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:32 pm

@patrick
We have had a fantastic transfer window so far but this deal could undo all that imho . £50 million is a huge gamble where at his probable worth in the current climate £25 - £30 million nobody would bat an eyelid imho . LB is a huge issue for us we must not be held to ransom especially from a club like Brighton !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby stupot » Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:39 pm

City64 wrote:@patrick
We have had a fantastic transfer window so far but this deal could undo all that imho . £50 million is a huge gamble where at his probable worth in the current climate £25 - £30 million nobody would bat an eyelid imho . LB is a huge issue for us we must not be held to ransom especially from a club like Brighton !

I can't see how it's a huge gamble. Our non proper left back last season got in the PL team of the season. We get Cucurella for 15ml more than we received for Zinch is a great deal and gives us 3 top full backs as opposed to 2 plus Zinch who's alright if he's not being attacked.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Nickyboy » Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:51 pm

Just have to look at the net spend over the whole window and the ins and outs we've had.

No point stressing over individual fees - some we'll feel like we've had a bargain, some we'll slightly over pay and it'll be the same with those going out - although I think we've got great value for everyone we're selling so far.

Its a great window and if we get a proper left back it will be the perfect window - just need Pep to extend next
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby City64 » Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:01 pm

stupot wrote:
City64 wrote:@patrick

I can't see how it's a huge gamble. Our non proper left back last season got in the PL team of the season. We get Cucurella for 15ml more than we received for Zinch is a great deal and gives us 3 top full backs as opposed to 2 plus Zinch who's alright if he's not being attacked.

£50 million for a one season Brighton player isn’t a great deal pal in any shape or form .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Outcast » Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:03 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:just pay the bloody money

You would think that, been crying out for a LB for God knows how many years but City64 wants to haggle over 15m or so. Loose change to sheikh Mansour.
Outcast

Postby City64 » Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:03 pm

Nickyboy wrote:Just have to look at the net spend over the whole window and the ins and outs we've had.

No point stressing over individual fees - some we'll feel like we've had a bargain, some we'll slightly over pay and it'll be the same with those going out - although I think we've got great value for everyone we're selling so far.

Its a great window and if we get a proper left back it will be the perfect window - just need Pep to extend next

Is Cucarella is a proper left back @ £50 million in your opinion?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby stupot » Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:05 pm

Nickyboy wrote:Just have to look at the net spend over the whole window and the ins and outs we've had.

You're right with the great value for all our sales so far.
Everyone we've bought so far have been bargain prices as well,
As you say get a top left back and it's a brilliant window and we can take the piss out of all the net spend merchants.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby City64 » Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:06 pm

Outcast wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:just pay the bloody money

You would think that, been crying out for a LB for God knows how many years but City64 wants to haggle over 15m or so. Loose change to sheikh Mansour.

For the sake of losing a loyal top lad in Zinchenko for a relative unknown Brighton LB £15 - 20 million is huge mate . Hate to see Zinchenko go and us spaff £50 million and ruin a great window is all I am saying .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum