La Liga Complaint

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

La Liga Complaint

Postby Mase » Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:34 pm

In an official statement, La Liga have confirmed that official complaints have been launched against both Paris Saint-Germain and Manchester City for suspected breaches of Financial FairPlay regulations.

The respective complaints come just weeks after La Liga giants Real Madrid failed in their double pursuit of Paris Saint-Germain star Kylian Mbappe, and the former Borussia Dortmund frontman Erling Haaland.

The aforementioned French international was strongly linked with a summer move to the Santiago Bernabeu this summer on a free transfer, and in a move that many Spanish publications had reported as a lifelong dream for the player. However, in a dramatic turn of events, Kylian Mbappe instead opted to extend his deal with the French Champions.

As for Erling Haaland, the Norwegian sensation had too been strongly linked with a move to Real Madrid, but was ultimately in love with the prospect of joining his boyhood club Manchester City, and thus completed a move to the Premier League champions.

In light of this, Javier Tebas and La Liga have launched complaints against both of the aforementioned clubs, on the grounds of suspected breaches of Financial FairPlay regulations.

In an official statement, relayed by Spanish newspaper Marca, La Liga state:

"La Liga this week filed a complaint with UEFA against PSG, which will join another against Manchester City in April, for understanding that these clubs are continuously breaching the current financial fair play regulations."

"La Liga considers that these practices alter the ecosystem and the sustainability of football, harm all European clubs and leagues, and only serve to artificially inflate the market, with money not generated in football itself."

La Liga understands that the irregular financing of these clubs is carried out, either through direct injections of money or through sponsorship and other contracts that do not correspond to market conditions or make economic sense."

"The complaints against Manchester City before UEFA were made in April and this last week the one corresponding to PSG has been presented, although it is not ruled out that in the coming days extensions of some of these complaints will be made with the contributions of new data."

"Additionally, La Liga has contracted law firms in France and Switzerland, including the French firm of lawyer Juan Branco, with the aim of undertaking administrative and judicial actions before the competent French bodies and before the European Union as soon as possible."

Javier Tebas was also swift to hit out at Manchester City's successful pursuit of Erling Haaland, and raised concerns over the Premier League club's ability to sanction such a high-profile move given the expenses he believes were at stake in a deal.

Tebas explained, "They must have done something, because (Erling) Haaland asked the clubs for more apart from the €60 million that has been paid."
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: La Liga Complaint

Postby Mase » Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:34 pm

Don’t deal with Barca for any player now. Just point blank refuse to speak to them.

Grow a fuckin pair City.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:39 pm

The last cunt to try and cheat our owners out of it is now banned from football and serving a suspended prison sentence.

I expect this weasel to see the same fate.

He is a loud mouthed piece of shit
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Haaland

Postby nottsblue » Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:50 pm

Tebas is just smarting and spoiling for a fight because the two biggest stars in world football chose not to go to Madrid this summer

Boo fucking hoo Javier. Haaland chose us. How do you like them apples now
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Dimples » Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:30 pm

I said in another post UEFA have a huge issue with Haaland and Mbappe playing for City and PSG.
The are the new superstars that will generate the $$$$$s: TV deals, sponsorships, merchandise, kids will follow, football fans want to see, etc...
UEFA will want them center stage in everything they do for commercial reasons, including latter stages of the CL.

BUT they play for non-cartel clubs :lol:
Tough one for UEFA.....money and greed usually win out.........welcome to a rejig of the old cartel.......two new entrants with two leaving?
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:50 pm

So 51 million for a player is now deemed ruining football ?

Ha ha ha ha

Fat fucking toad .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby PeterParker » Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:04 pm

I think it's time we take this pig to court and ruin his family for generations.
This is what happens when you let the corrupt think they are special.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby sheblue » Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:05 pm

suspected breaches of Financial FairPlay regulations

Suspected OK. What a prick where is the evidence?

What a jealous hate filled little man he is.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby branny » Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:13 pm

Going into last season we'd accumulated around £200m in prize money and another £100m in transfer fees so Grealish was a zero net spend. We've since added £55m from selling Torres and another £164m from winning the epl again so taking into account the fees for Haaland, Alvarez and whoever else we sign this summer, we're more than balancing the books on fees and prize money alone.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby Wooders » Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:22 pm

Time to sue - enough is enough
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby stupot » Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:32 pm

The Chairman of the French Ligue 1 Vincent Labrune had it right.
He reminded Tebas that Real and Barca have benefitted from illegal state aid and spent enormous amounts on transfers and wages themselves.
He said they've broken multiple records in the last 10 years, have broken the world record transfer fee 6 times and Madrid currently have 2 of the highest paid players in the world on the bench in Hazard and Bale.

He said Barca have 1.5 billion debt despite the European Court of Justice ruling they've both benefitted from illegal state aid.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:54 pm

La Liga is fucked, we should never ever deal with it in any for ever again. Just as a side not one of its players has taken one of its tin pot cups to Saudi Arabia taking a right amount of money personally. Gerrard Pique if you had not followed it.

Kettle black pot !!!
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby carolina-blue » Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:58 pm

stupot wrote:The Chairman of the French Ligue 1 Vincent Labrune had it right.
He reminded Tebas that Real and Barca have benefitted from illegal state aid and spent enormous amounts on transfers and wages themselves.
He said they've broken multiple records in the last 10 years, have broken the world record transfer fee 6 times and Madrid currently have 2 of the highest paid players in the world on the bench in Hazard and Bale.

He said Barca have 1.5 billion debt despite the European Court of Justice ruling they've both benefitted from illegal state aid.

I wonder if the FA will speak up as well
I won’t hold my breath
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Tokyo Blue » Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:29 pm

I wish a gardener would put some salt on this twat once and for all.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby City64 » Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:54 pm

Fuck off Tebas you fat fascist racist corrupt cunt .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:51 pm

I think if any Spanish clubs want to deal with us going forward we say “no” and make sure they know it’s because of Tebas.

I hope we take him to court too.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PeterParker » Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:09 pm

Mase wrote:I think if any Spanish clubs want to deal with us going forward we say “no” and make sure they know it’s because of Tebas.

It's curious, but he might act on his own, not under orders.
He is fucking angry because he can't sell the rights of the Spanish league worldwide when he doesn't have Messi and Tranny anymore, while Mbappe and Haaland, two that might become the next rivals, are not there.
For example, here in Romania, the FA kept Dinamo, one of the biggest club in the league, even if they were bankrupt, the worst team in the league etc because of the tv audience and fans they had. Finally this year they were relegated and they might go extinct because of the financial issues.

I can't understand why Madrid (a team that supposedly had some money invested from Abu Dhabi) and Barcelona, a team that got a lot of favours from us lately, would pull that shit?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby stevefromdonny » Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:22 pm

The club needs to do something with this fella, he spouts up all the time about us and we dont do a thing, so to speak he keeps bumming us knowing that we wont do anything, well that time is for us to sue him, get some balls city and do him, dont kep quite any longer just take him to the courts and lets see him fucked, its that all these spouting about us and nothing is said apart from when they was going to ban us from champs league and then we went to court, i wonder why, oh thats right it would lose us money, but these fuckers call us all the time but until it will cost us money club wont do anything
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby stevefromdonny » Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:24 pm

PeterParker wrote:
Mase wrote:I think if any Spanish clubs want to deal with us going forward we say “no” and make sure they know it’s because of Tebas.

He is fucking angry because he can't sell the rights of the Spanish league worldwide when he doesn't have Messi and Tranny anymore, while Mbappe and Haaland, two that might become the next rivals, are not there.
For example, here in Romania, the FA kept Dinamo, one of the biggest club in the league, even if they were bankrupt, the worst team in the league etc because of the tv audience and fans they had. Finally this year they were relegated and they might go extinct because of the financial issues.

I can't understand why Madrid (a team that supposedly had some money invested from Abu Dhabi) and Barcelona, a team that got a lot of favours from us lately, would pull that shit?

didnt our owners back off giving madrid money because they called us
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby patrickblue » Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:12 pm

PeterParker wrote:

I'd put money on it that Real and Barca are involved, especially Real. If you think rags and scouse have an overblown sense of entitlement, it's nothing compared to that pair.
They seriously believe they can spend what they like and buy who they like, in their world, that's just the way it's always been and always should be.
Even back in the day when red scouse, then rags dominated the English game, they were always a class above.
No more, and as Jonesy would say "they don't like it up 'em"
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum