CJ Egan Riley & Edozie Gone

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: CJ Egan Riley Gone

Postby john@staustell » Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:06 am

Mase wrote:
john@staustell wrote:Hate the phrase 'given a chance '

There are obviously reasons for these things which we know FA about.

It is what it is

Do you think if Foden wasn’t a genuine City fan he’d still be at City now? He’d have done what Sancho did and he’d be off. If the kids play in a cup competition and they impress then, like you agreed at the end of last season when we had no fullbacks fit and Fern was put at RB, some of the kids need to be “given a chance”.

Foden is and he seems to have made it. So your point is that every youngster should stay forever and they are all good enough, just need "a chance ".

Sorry mate, absolute nonsense, you need to trust the people who bring the trophies
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Re: CJ Egan Riley & Edozie Gone

Postby john68 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:28 am

We need what we need at anyparticular time.

Years ago, considering where we were, almost all of these kids would have been saviours for City. but we need to understand that we are a far different club now, operating at the very top level, not just against the very top teams but against a system that wants to stop us in any way it can.

Only the very best will be needed as we continue to rise and though we may have talent to fill in when necessary, can we really risk taking chances on maybe players?

We won the Prem by a single point, fine margins and marginal gains are huge for us at this level.

I know football and City are emotional for we fans but our controllers cannot afford that luxury
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum