pep’s contract

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: pep’s contract

Postby Mase » Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:01 pm

Original Dub wrote:Can't agree mase

Chelsea was all on pep. I would never dispute it. And to a certain degree Lyon, although any team we sent out should have beaten them

Monaco first leg - wow. Such blatant corruption will rarely be seen again.

Same v Liverpool and actually countless others. It's mind blowing that we got past athletico after that shambles in Madrid. It completely knocked the stuffing out of us.

Does anyone want to talk about cassimero?

I see what you’re saying but there’s been occasions that aren’t “finals” but Pep has fucked them up. United at home to win the league and 2-0 up. Yes we should have had a pen but why was the team told to take their foot off the gas at halftime?

Stuff like that baffles me. Pep is the best in the world. Imagine saying we’d have the best manager in the world 20 years ago. It’s fuckin great.

But similar to Sterling when he’s got time to think, Pep seems to overthink it.

Saying that, you could say his changes against Villa last season won us the game. So I might be talking bollocks.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Original Dub » Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:31 pm

Fair points... and that united game still kills me. But it wasn't on pep and I'm not sure why you think the team were told to take their foot off the gas?

Should have been 5 nil up at half time.

Wrecks my fucking head!!
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Haaland

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:37 pm

There are many City fans that have said that we won’t be allowed to win the CL, or don’t want to win it, yet we always seem to blame the manager.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby sheblue » Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:03 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:There are many City fans that have said that we won’t be allowed to win the CL, or don’t want to win it, yet we always seem to blame the manager.

We will be allowed win it, now.
Yes we do want to win it now.
Very few blamed pep last year. Those few that did know nothing about football.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Dimples » Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:43 am

sheblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:There are many City fans that have said that we won’t be allowed to win the CL, or don’t want to win it, yet we always seem to blame the manager.

We will be allowed win it, now.
Yes we do want to win it now.
Very few blamed pep last year. Those few that did know nothing about football.

Why? What has changed?
(I am reading that literally, maybe I should not be?)
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Mase » Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:08 am

Always when it comes to the CL?

I can only see posts here where he’s been blamed for the Chelsea final - the final of the CL, how did we get there if we won’t be allowed to win it. The same CL season where in the QT final Bellingham had a perfectly good goal ruled out against us and we went on to beat Dortmund. We got to the final and no decisions by that referee effected a game we should have comfortably won. Pep got the tactics and players wrong. Most City fans will agree with that.

Again, last season we were two minutes away from the final. Probably a mixture of players shutting off thinking we were through, individual mistakes, you could say Pep could have used his subs better throughout the season and we may not have had players dying all over the pitch. But Uefa didn’t stop us in that match.

This “uefa won’t let us win it” is silly. We’ve been there and messed it up ourselves.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:31 am

Mase wrote:

I can only see posts here where he’s been blamed for the Chelsea final - the final of the CL, how did we get there if we won’t be allowed to win it. The same CL season where in the QT final Bellingham had a perfectly good goal ruled out against us and we went on to beat Dortmund. We got to the final and no decisions by that referee effected a game we should have comfortably won. Pep got the tactics and players wrong. Most City fans will agree with that.

Again, last season we were two minutes away from the final. Probably a mixture of players shutting off thinking we were through, individual mistakes, you could say Pep could have used his subs better throughout the season and we may not have had players dying all over the pitch. But Uefa didn’t stop us in that match.

This “uefa won’t let us win it” is silly. We’ve been there and messed it up ourselves.

Spot on
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Original Dub » Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:44 am

We absolutely messed up that one chance they gave us.

Every single other season than that there was blatant corruption in at least one or two of the rounds.

Does anyone remember cassimero?
No?

Ok
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:06 am

Original Dub wrote:We absolutely messed up that one chance they gave us.

Every single other season than that there was blatant corruption in at least one or two of the rounds.

Does anyone remember cassimero?
No?

Ok

Lyon? This season? We have Madrid 2 stupid pens over the two legs. Laporte jumps with his arm down in that first leg and it’s a different story. We have to just accept we have fucked up a few opportunities ourselves mate.

Yes, Uefa have fucked us in the past, blatantly, but we’ve had good opportunities to win it and fucked it ourselves.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:30 am

Yes but none of that was on pep?
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:54 am

Original Dub wrote:Yes but none of that was on pep?

You could argue that with half fit players we’d have dug it out against Madrid, but making next to no subs all season fucked us imo. Putting Fern on at right-back and him getting skinned probably wasn’t the right choice and we were crying out for a kid with pace to be put on instead, it was obvious Fern’s legs weren’t in it and I’m not sure what Pep was thinking. But it’s not all on injuries or all on Pep or all on stupid decisions by our defenders. It’s a combination imo. But the refs didn’t fuck us against Madrid, we did it ourselves.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:05 am

Mase wrote:

You could argue that with half fit players we’d have dug it out against Madrid, but making next to no subs all season fucked us imo. Putting Fern on at right-back and him getting skinned probably wasn’t the right choice and we were crying out for a kid with pace to be put on instead, it was obvious Fern’s legs weren’t in it and I’m not sure what Pep was thinking. But it’s not all on injuries or all on Pep or all on stupid decisions by our defenders. It’s a combination imo. But the refs didn’t fuck us against Madrid, we did it ourselves.

The officials absolutely fucked us against Madrid mate.

In both legs.

And in both legs against athletico.

Re fernandinho coming on at right back - he was excellent apart from that one slip. Did he not set up a goal?

I wish he hadn't made the mistake but I wouldn't blame pep for that.

You're right though, missing out on champs league has been a combination of many things.
The only ingredient that's consistent though is not pep's brainfarts.
It's bad officiating
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

Postby ashton287 » Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:12 pm

He plays in 3 knockout tournaments a season to 1 league campaign a season.

League success - 4 out of 6 - 66%
Knockout success - 5 out of 18 - 27%
4 league cups, 1 fa cup, 0 CL.

Why are you blaming casemiro you fucking mongs?

League manager. Is what it is. Not like I'd swap the prems for fa or league cups. Maybe I'd swap one for a CL but probably not.
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: De jong

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:21 pm

Mase wrote:

I agree. So, new contracts all around then ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:23 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Mase wrote:

The officials absolutely fucked us against Madrid mate.

In both legs.

And in both legs against athletico.

Re fernandinho coming on at right back - he was excellent apart from that one slip. Did he not set up a goal?

I wish he hadn't made the mistake but I wouldn't blame pep for that.

You're right though, missing out on champs league has been a combination of many things.
The only ingredient that's consistent though is not pep's brainfarts.
It's bad officiating

I agree with that, also. Get him signed up, he’s already stated that he loves it here and willing to ‘Go Again’.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:26 pm

ashton287 wrote:He plays in 3 knockout tournaments a season to 1 league campaign a season.

League success - 4 out of 6 - 66%
Knockout success - 5 out of 18 - 27%
4 league cups, 1 fa cup, 0 CL.

Why are you blaming casemiro you fucking mongs?

League manager. Is what it is. Not like I'd swap the prems for fa or league cups. Maybe I'd swap one for a CL but probably not.

I blame the snow
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:29 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Mase wrote:

I agree. So, new contracts all around then ;-)

I hope so.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Blue Jam » Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:12 am

Read But Not Red (popular Facebook group)
Claim that Pep has agreed a 2 year extension, with a third year if nothing parties agree.

Author claims the source is reliable, I've not known them to leak a.false.story before so fingers crossed (if you like Baldie that is)

Don't know if this link will work.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 4437689304
Blue Jam
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Goater

Postby Original Dub » Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:23 am

Blue Jam wrote:Read But Not Red (popular Facebook group)
Claim that Pep has agreed a 2 year extension, with a third year if nothing parties agree.

Author claims the source is reliable, I've not known them to leak a.false.story before so fingers crossed (if you like Baldie that is)

Carl's gonna lose his shit :lol:
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:21 am

Blue Jam wrote:Read But Not Red (popular Facebook group)

Brilliant if true.

1. Because we get the worlds best manager for a few more years

2. There’s absolutely no other decent managers out there that are available
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum