There May Be Trouble Ahead

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: There May Be Trouble Ahead

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:48 pm

Blue Jam wrote:How can Barcelona afford anyone? Fiscally wreckless and in debt last I heard.

What I cannot get my head around is the constant pressure they are putting on players who’s wages were deferred and now they just want to cancel their debt to the players or else they won’t be in the squad !!!,,,, that is basically what is happening !

How the fuck can they get away with that ? Surely they need to be banned from signing any players until they have paid what is owed to their existing players ?

If that was us ……………………..can you imagine the fucking fallout ???!!!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby john@staustell » Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:52 pm

Blue Jam wrote:How can Barcelona afford anyone? Fiscally wreckless and in debt last I heard.

They have a lot of cash injected - like 500m euros- by selling off 2 long and enormous tranches of future tv revenue. Still having trouble with spanish ffp though and I don't think they have registered Raphinha or Levandovski.

They asked Leeds if they could postpone payment until January and Leeds told them any delay in payment will incur an extra 10m, in the deal
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:02 pm

john@staustell wrote:

They have a lot of cash injected - like 500m euros- by selling off 2 long and enormous tranches of future tv revenue. Still having trouble with spanish ffp though and I don't think they have registered Raphinha or Levandovski.

They asked Leeds if they could postpone payment until January and Leeds told them any delay in payment will incur an extra 10m, in the deal

it's swapsies for de Jong - Mendes gets another pay day - sick, the cloggie isn't even left footed
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby blues-clues » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:32 pm

Presumably if it meant delaying the payment for Raphina, Barca would agree to the extra 10m, if ur not going to pay the price doesn’t really matter.
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Postby Blue Jam » Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:43 pm

john@staustell wrote:

The investors are either wreckless or know something the rest of us don't (big money buyer to bail them out perhaps)
Blue Jam
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Goater

Postby nottsblue » Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:46 pm

Blue Jam wrote:
john@staustell wrote:

The investors are either wreckless or know something the rest of us don't (big money buyer to bail them out perhaps)

The European Super League will rear its head again soon I reckon
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Blue Jam » Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:54 pm

That feels certain.
Different name, some superficial tweets in the structure.
Last years backing out was disingenuous.
Blue Jam
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Blue Jam » Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:56 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
How the fuck can they get away with that ?

Long term cartel collaboration.

If we did this? Well it would be funny watching dipper fans lose their shit.
Blue Jam
De Jong's Tackle

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:42 am

The player and his agent are clearly pushing for a move despite the damage they are doing to the club - sickening to read these absurd amounts being quoted
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:57 am

johnny crossan wrote:The player and his agent are clearly pushing for a move despite the damage they are doing to the club - sickening to read these absurd amounts being quoted

fucking pricks
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby john@staustell » Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:58 am

He can join the queue of players awaiting registration. Seeing we are the best team in the world and also have about 300m in the bank right now, I'm sure we'll get by somehow
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Dimples » Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:16 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:The player and his agent are clearly pushing for a move despite the damage they are doing to the club - sickening to read these absurd amounts being quoted

fucking pricks

1. Just curious. Are you saying that Bernardo is giving his agent the green light to stir sh1t and is agitating for a move to Barca?

2. If I was offered a new job and the potential employer was broke and refusing to pay the existing employees, I would run a mile.
Yet there seems to be a queue of players falling over themselves to signup for this scenario.
I don't get it at all?
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:26 pm

Dimples wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

fucking pricks

1. Just curious. Are you saying that Bernardo is giving his agent the green light to stir sh1t and is agitating for a move to Barca?

2. If I was offered a new job and the potential employer was broke and refusing to pay the existing employees, I would run a mile.
Yet there seems to be a queue of players falling over themselves to signup for this scenario.
I don't get it at all?

Bernardo has asked his agent for a move and agents do/say whatever they can to ensure the move goes ahead for their client...if that means fuckign over our club , in one way or another , then so be it.

Bernardo looks and sounds like a nice guy but he doesn't have big balls IMO and will just stay out of any controversy.

If we allow him to be sold for anything less than 80 million POUNDS then the conspiracy theories about the love in with Barca will continue to do the rounds!!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dimples » Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:37 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Dimples wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

fucking pricks

I don't get it at all?

Bernardo has asked his agent for a move and agents do/say whatever they can to ensure the move goes ahead for their client...if that means fuckign over our club , in one way or another , then so be it.

Bernardo looks and sounds like a nice guy but he doesn't have big balls IMO and will just stay out of any controversy.

If we allow him to be sold for anything less than 80 million POUNDS then the conspiracy theories about the love in with Barca will continue to do the rounds!!

Three years left on his contract, vital to how we play, brilliant player, impossible to replace at short notice, extremely difficult to replace at any time, season has started........
A sale at any price at this stage of the season is unthinkable and would justifiably raise simple questions like WHY, WTF is going on?
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Nick » Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:41 pm

Ludicrous
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Blue Jam » Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:47 pm

Employers often make promises they can't keep.
Barcelona promises seem to be convincing- what on earth do they have up thier sleeve?
Or perhaps they are just lying
Blue Jam
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:48 pm

He’s desperate to ruin his relationship with us it seems.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby PeterParker » Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:55 pm

He is not going anywhere.
Fuck them.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby stupot » Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:04 pm

I don't think he's been good this calendar year. Maybe his heads been turned since then.
Had a great start to last season but from Jan he's been distinctly average.He was shocking the last game of the season against Villa and the game changed with the introduction of Gundo.
He looked like he didn't want to be there in the Community Shield- swapped him for Gundo against West Ham who was brilliant.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby john@staustell » Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:31 pm

stupot wrote:I don't think he's been good this calendar year. Maybe his heads been turned since then.
Had a great start to last season but from Jan he's been distinctly average.He was shocking the last game of the season against Villa and the game changed with the introduction of Gundo.
He looked like he didn't want to be there in the Community Shield- swapped him for Gundo against West Ham who was brilliant.

Runs around a lot but always strikes me as one of those players who has periods of brilliance and periods of ineffective anonymity
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum