England Women

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: England Women

Postby Dameerto » Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:35 pm

The Lioness roars. Bronze could play is a men's team by the way (maybe not Premier league but still...)
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:38 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:already a thread for this beefy viewtopic.php?f=121&t=56659

Sorry, mate. Didn’t see it.

Sweet Caroline …
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby nottsblue » Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:39 pm

Not watched a minute of the tournament but credit where it's due.

Well done Lionesses
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby london blue 2 » Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:41 pm

Amazing achievement. Well done
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:48 pm

Well done Chloe :D The BBC just can't bring themselves say the winner was scored by Manchester City player - all through this game and tournament we've had Man Utd namechecked almost every time one their girls touched the ball, same with Arsenal - but City just sticks in their throats - esp raggy Rachel Foot in Mouth Brown.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby branny » Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:02 pm

Mase wrote:
stupot wrote:
Outcast wrote:
dazby wrote:How about that back heel!!

Her first attempt makes Sterling look world beater, not sure how much she meant it on second attempt. I want to enjoy it but she plays for the rags, the media jizzing took the shine out of it.

Plus the fact I'd expect my 5 year old grandson would have saved it.

Is the goalkeeping standard always that bad? I went to watch City vs Chelsea womens and the keepers were terrible. Proper 5 year old dives 20 minutes after the ball had gone passed.

Saw a few goals from last night on the news and the keeper looked awful again.

Sister of Fu would have been the one to ask but not seen her post for ages.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby Mase » Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:04 pm

branny wrote:Sister of Fu would have been the one to ask but not seen her post for ages.

I’m sure she was pissed off with the way the club screwed her over when they went fully professional. My memory isn’t great but I’m sure they just cast her aside.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby branny » Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:04 pm

Well done ladies. Great achievement.

Fara Williams on now. Think she always looks quite classy but then she speaks and Arthur Mullard comes out.
branny

Postby CTID Hants » Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:05 pm

Well lionesses, always nice to get one over on the German's

Not sure who the CB was but she had a good game (the one with tats on her arms).

My niece went as she goes to Citys women regularly but an added bonus that she went to School and played at a local club with Russo (unfortunately life long rag and rag player).

Anyone elses socials filling with females who have never shown any interest, actively denouncing football quite voiceferlously all of a sudden gobbing off "takes a woman to do it right" !!

Those follow the beautiful game chosing not to bang that drum and only see the result, which is great.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby branny » Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:09 pm

Mase wrote:
branny wrote:Sister of Fu would have been the one to ask but not seen her post for ages.

I’m sure she was pissed off with the way the club screwed her over when they went fully professional. My memory isn’t great but I’m sure they just cast her aside.

Never read the full details but I think a lot of people were screwed over. I know there was a lot of bitterness towards our ladies team when they went straight into the WSL.
branny

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:12 pm

johnny crossan wrote:Well done Chloe :D The BBC just can't bring themselves say the winner was scored by Manchester City player - all through this game and tournament we've had Man Utd namechecked almost every time one of their girls touched the ball, same with Arsenal - but City just sticks in their throats - esp raggy Rachel Foot in Mouth Brown.

"Just for the record City’s Keira Walsh, Ellen White and Lauren Hemp all started with Alex Greenwood and Chloe Kelly then summoned on from the bench on what was an historic afternoon as England secured a first major title since the men’s 1966 World Cup triumph. With City duo Ellie Roebuck and Demi Stokes also on the bench, it was a magnificent day for City's England contingent "- Lucy Bronze, Georgia Stanway & Jill Scott from our team last season were all key members of the squad too.
Last edited by johnny crossan on Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby CTID Hants » Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:17 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Well done Chloe :D The BBC just can't bring themselves say the winner was scored by Manchester City player - all through this game and tournament we've had Man Utd namechecked almost every time one of their girls touched the ball, same with Arsenal - but City just sticks in their throats - esp raggy Rachel Foot in Mouth Brown.

There were SEVEN City women on the Emgland squad for this tournament........

Dont know about other clubs....
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:21 pm

johnny crossan wrote:Well done Chloe :D The BBC just can't bring themselves say the winner was scored by Manchester City player - all through this game and tournament we've had Man Utd namechecked almost every time one their girls touched the ball, same with Arsenal - but City just sticks in their throats - esp raggy Rachel Foot in Mouth Brown.

It’s premeditated. Following the game they stated that we will all watch the winning back-heal from Russo, the Rag player, then, with a slight pause, went on some waffle about watching the Euros winning goal in the final, without any context.

‘Clear and organised’ is still where we are with the media choosing to ignore City achievements in order to appease the PL cartel.

Anyway, we’ll done to all and, as they say, they did it as a team. Pressure on Southgate now.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:26 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

TEN if you count all our players from last season
"Just for the record City’s Keira Walsh, Ellen White and Lauren Hemp all started with Alex Greenwood and Chloe Kelly then summoned on from the bench on what was an historic afternoon as England secured a first major title since the men’s 1966 World Cup triumph. With City duo Ellie Roebuck and Demi Stokes also on the bench, it was a magnificent day for City's England contingent "- Lucy Bronze, Georgia Stanway & Jill Scott from our team last season were all key members of the squad too.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby london blue 2 » Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:48 pm

Mase wrote:

Yes that right. If I remember they dropped her like a hot potato even after she’d stepped back in to cover for injured players.

Though she was fully supportive of the womens team. Just not the way the club operated.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Dameerto » Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:48 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:sexist specs off...
it's watchable but then so are the games in my sons u12 league (u10 not so much!)
obvious that the game going professional has seen a massive improvement in the standard but it's still littered with very basic mistakes
keepers being 170/175cm will always be an issue as they simply don't have the reach to get to anything that isn't pretty much straight at them
england have done brilliantly but there is way too much bandwagon jumping going on
will i watch the final - probably
will i ever go out of my way to watch a women's game after the euros - no

What are you judging it by, that's the question? If 'Premier League' is the answer then you will be disappointed.
I watched a lot of none-league football in years gone by and top tier women's football is roundabout EFL first division level (third tier) as near as I can make out (which is already a big improvement on previous seasons).
There's one or two stand-out players (Bronze for example) who could maybe handle the Championship (tier two), which you might say is a taste of things to come.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby zuricity » Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:50 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

TEN if you count all our players from last season

Squad of 23

8 City players , 3 Rags, 4 Chelski, 4 Arse, 1 münchens, 1 Barca , 1 A Villa, 1 Houston,
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:22 pm

Dameerto wrote:
it's watchable but then so are the games in my sons u12 league (u10 not so much!)
obvious that the game going professional has seen a massive improvement in the standard but it's still littered with very basic mistakes
keepers being 170/175cm will always be an issue as they simply don't have the reach to get to anything that isn't pretty much straight at them
england have done brilliantly but there is way too much bandwagon jumping going on

What are you judging it by, that's the question? If 'Premier League' is the answer then you will be disappointed.
I watched a lot of none-league football in years gone by and top tier women's football is roundabout EFL first division level (third tier) as near as I can make out (which is already a big improvement on previous seasons).
There's one or two stand-out players (Bronze for example) who could maybe handle the Championship (tier two), which you might say is a taste of things to come.

lucy bronze is wouldn’t make it past u15 or u16 in the mens game. the gulf in ability / physicality is not even worth debating.
i’ve enjoyed the knock out games and am really pleased that the ladies won but i won’t be watching them again in the near future…
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Outcast » Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:26 pm

The rags only joined WSL because of the pressure we put them under when we joined in 2014. It's quite embarrassing they only joined in 2019/20. Football institution my arse.
Have you noticed, we and Chelsea improved competition in the WSL otherwise Arsenal were winning it yearly unchallenged. They keep banging on about FA investing, absolute bollox, if the nucleus of England's team consist of many city players including ex city players, this is down to our facilities and football academies developing womens football. I'm not saying it's all down to us, but we've played a big part.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:26 pm

Dameerto wrote:

Stop smoking the wacky backy for fucks sake :lol:
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum