England Women

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: England Women

Postby Indianablue » Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:25 pm

zuricity wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Indianablue wrote:Great result for the women's team. I think it fair to compare and contrast against men's football standards because that is what the media are doing and they are pushing it very strongly. It was entertaining to watch but there is a vast gulf between the male game and what we saw last night. Some sexist comments sure but an embarassment? Come on, its a forum and she did get get her top off for the crowd which made a few guys perk up a bit

Your being a bit too manly with this post of yours .
You need to gender it down a bit for the wokies .

BTW - you are spot on .

On Radio 4 last night a reporter simply pointed out that until the womens game brings so many fans worldwide and so much money . There should be no discussion of parity.

And that is where i have a problem, the game is growing but it is miniscule in comparison both fiscally and popularity. They should be paid on what they generate themselves. The purple haired US soccer player tried to push this agenda for US womens soccer, yet they were still being stuffed by U15 boys teams. I guess it wont be long before some half decent male player decides to transition to the womens team to raise their performance levels. The comparison with tennis is valid, its exactly where we are going. As individual sports they are good to watch although id still say womwns soccer is a bit sunday league a lot of the time. I'd say womens golf is one of the few sports where they stand a chance of competing directly against men. The media were also pushing the fairness of play last night and how refreshing it was, but from what i saw and listwned to from the comentary team, there were a fair few cynical fouls, over the top tackles and time wasting going on. Of course the Germans were described as cynical and England were applaude, in fact Wrighty was saying that was exactly what they needed to do in the last 15 to win the game. Of course it will hopefully be a massive boost for womens soccer in this country and i am proud of what they have achieved. They looked to have a greag team spirit but lets drop the comparisons and parity bullshit. Its nor an equal standard, and never will be
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Francis Lee

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:34 pm

my social feeds are running hot with virtue signaling bandwagon jumpers. nailed on that 99% of them will forget women's football is a thing in under a week's time... very similar to the middle aged housewives who go crazy for tennis during the wimbledon fornight.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Indianablue » Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:20 pm

Let them play a game against england schoolboys u17. That'll dampen all the hype down. Wasnt it great to see a couple of black players on the pitch, that should please the diversity czarinas
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Indianablue » Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:21 pm

Let them play a game against england schoolboys u17. That'll dampen all the hype down. Wasnt it great to see a couple of black players on the pitch, that should please the diversity czarinas
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby patrickblue » Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:05 pm

What's always been a mystery to me about the sports parity thing is in professional snooker the one sport that I can think of, where men don't have a physical advantage, they have separate mens and womans competitions.
Surely that's one sport where parity should be achievable.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby CTID Hants » Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:51 pm

patrickblue wrote:What's always been a mystery to me about the sports parity thing is in professional snooker the one sport that I can think of, where men don't have a physical advantage, they have separate mens and womans competitions.

Odd one that isnt it...

Ha , in late 80's i used to play local pool league for the pub team, we had 2 blokes Jim a BA air mechanic and Mick owned the local greengrocers. They were ok players, regulars in the team.

Anyway we when we had to play the Red Lion Aldershot, they'd refuse to play and say they were on holiday or summat .

Red Lions team consisted 90% of Hampshire County womens team and thought of getting their arses whipped was all too much for Jim and Mick, we made sure the whole pub knew it too

When it came to playing Four Horse Shoes in Camberley they were never slected (their team was 90% Surrey county mens team) which pissed them off even more!
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Mase » Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:06 pm

It’s brilliant for the womens game in England that they’ve won. Good on them. I bet they’re still partying. Hopefully pushes more girls into it and if it means my daughters will like football then that’s great.

But the media pushing this - “Hahahahaha it was the women that brought it home and not the men” is only going to do the opposite of what the womens game needs, and it’s going to push people further away. They need to stop that bullshit.

People like Alex Scott have come out with all sorts of rubbish as well, which again isn’t going to help. She’s talking about equality yet she’s a pundit on every mens game on about five different stations. Good pundits will have gotten looked over because she’s been pushed as a female.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby zuricity » Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:08 pm

patrickblue wrote:What's always been a mystery to me about the sports parity thing is in professional snooker the one sport that I can think of, where men don't have a physical advantage, they have separate mens and womans competitions.

Snooker, like Darts, table tennis, Dominoes, card games , are pastimes not sports.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Indianablue » Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:39 pm

zuricity wrote:

Snooker, like Darts, table tennis, Dominoes, card games , are pastimes not sports.

Not splitting hairs but Dominoes is an applied science
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby carolina-blue » Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:45 pm

Watched the game in a pub owned by a mate
(Geordie) we all go there for any England game
Anyway when she scores and ripped her shirt off
A spontaneous rousing rendition of get yer tits out for the lads by one an all funny as F tbh !
Great for the team well pleased for them
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:48 pm

I don’t have to question if they’ll make the current City team, or if they’re better than De Bruyne, just enjoy that they played the game amongst equals and came out victorious.

Proud for every one of them, nothing else should matter.

England, European Champions. What’s not to like.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:50 pm

Mase wrote:It’s brilliant for the womens game in England that they’ve won. Good on them. I bet they’re still partying. Hopefully pushes more girls into it and if it means my daughters will like football then that’s great.

But the media pushing this - “Hahahahaha it was the women that brought it home and not the men” is only going to do the opposite of what the womens game needs, and it’s going to push people further away. They need to stop that bullshit.

People like Alex Scott have come out with all sorts of rubbish as well, which again isn’t going to help. She’s talking about equality yet she’s a pundit on every mens game on about five different stations. Good pundits will have gotten looked over because she’s been pushed as a female.

Division is a force multiplier for those that want it.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Indianablue » Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:24 am

Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:27 am

Indianablue wrote:https://youtube.com/shorts/loJ0nmwgtFM?feature=share

He’s funny as fuck but his humor will be lost on some of the ‘feminist ‘cunts we have in this thread .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Indianablue » Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:29 am

Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Indianablue » Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:31 am

Bill Burr is superb on the sex wars. As is Micky Flanagan. I take relief that there are still sane people out there
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Indianablue » Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:01 am

Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:05 am

by dazby » Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:37 am
[/quote]If you appreciate the fact that it's women playing football and don't compare it to men's, you'll find it very satisfying.

Women players are more honest. They don't dive. It's pure.

Appreciate that and you appreciate the game more.[/quote]

Village idiot !!!

Watch on youtube.com
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby patrickblue » Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:57 am

CTID Hants wrote:

Odd one that isnt it...

Ha , in late 80's i used to play local pool league for the pub team, we had 2 blokes Jim a BA air mechanic and Mick owned the local greengrocers. They were ok players, regulars in the team.

Anyway we when we had to play the Red Lion Aldershot, they'd refuse to play and say they were on holiday or summat .

Red Lions team consisted 90% of Hampshire County womens team and thought of getting their arses whipped was all too much for Jim and Mick, we made sure the whole pub knew it too

When it came to playing Four Horse Shoes in Camberley they were never slected (their team was 90% Surrey county mens team) which pissed them off even more!

Who did you play for? I played for the Wheatsheaf in Aldershot around the same time, so I'm sure we've had a few encounters without knowing it.

And on the subject of the Red Lion, do you remember the landlord and his aversion to swearing. Anyone swore in his earshot he'd threaten to ban them. And I mean mild stuff like bloody hell or bugger it.
Last edited by patrickblue on Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby patrickblue » Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:58 am

zuricity wrote:

Quite possibly so, but the principal still applies.
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum