***champs v chumps community shield official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***champs v chumps community shield official match threa

Postby zuricity » Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:45 pm

patrickblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
zuricity wrote:That idiot ITV commentator and his female expert ( useless btw) made a comment in the second half about Cancelo going forward and making an "unforced error" - three players closed him down and he did lose the ball. The he waffled on about City's unforced errors... Meanwhile Henderson made a cross field pass that went way over Robertsons head and out for a throw in . "Slightly over hit that " he said ... idiot it was also an unforced error and strangley enough in the next five minutes Scouse made a lot more unforced errors but they were not described as such.

Dick Van Dyke made more than enough bad passes throughout the game but because there is no danger , they don't get highlighted.

The commentary was woeful. It was as if they all voted on who they wanted to win in the pre-match editorial and all decided it was better for the Dippers, so let’s just talk them up all game.

I’d like to think in wrong, but I’m probably not.

You're not wrong.
I often laugh at some of the imagined bias that gets posted on here, but that commentary was just completely one sided.

If you listen to commentaries from other countries . except Spain, they tend to shut up and let you watch the game and of course the occasional comment as a move towards goal picks up or a good tackle , save etc. Those two were crapping on all the time, no breaks complete hogwash about anything. The woman was repeatedly going on about how she watched Alvarez in the previous game. Absolute garbage . It's not just ITV though ALL Commentators on Football can't keep their gobs shut. I am sure all TV armchair fans would simply prefer the companies to stream the crowd noise only.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:57 pm

Fortunately we know following City is as much about the laughs as winning unlike the po faced saddos for whom winning is the only self validation they know of. The Peter Swales philosophy
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby City64 » Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:26 pm

johnny crossan wrote:Fortunately we know following City is as much about the laughs as winning unlike the po faced saddos for whom winning is the only self validation they know of. The Peter Swales philosophy

Quite funny that
Glad you are back on the level you old cunt :roll: :lol:
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby PeterParker » Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:42 am

I took some time watching the highlights, is it just me or the scouse are super frustrated?
They fucking celebrated like they won the league in the last minute.

I think we really got to them and I love that. haha.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Dimples » Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:34 pm

PeterParker wrote:I took some time watching the highlights, is it just me or the scouse are super frustrated?
They fucking celebrated like they won the league in the last minute.

I think we really got to them and I love that. haha.

I think so.
We are blocking them from celebrating the greatest Liverpool team ever :lol:
The real fans, the global plastic fans, the sponsors, the owners and the media are desperate for a coronation (all about the money, except for the real fans).
The title they really want is the PL. That is the one that really counts when talking about GOAT.
Klopp has completed 7 seasons winning 1 PL title.
Pep has completed 6 seasons winning 4 PL titles.
That is a failure, certainly not GOAT, that they try to mask with bloating one CL win and other 'lesser' cup triumphs (some once off matches).
But they are fooling no one and they know it.
We are the problem, 2nd twice to us with 92 and 97 points, both last day of the season wins for us :lol:
That is very frustrating for them, understandably.

IMO the ridiculous OTT celebrations on Saturday were a reflection on the above and a desperate need for hope that they can turn the tide on us.
It was really a celebration of, we have their number now, this is our year, 3-1 we are better, we will win the PL this year.

But deep down, do they really believe it?
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Mase » Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:45 pm

I’m honestly glad they celebrated like that in front of our players. Haaland, Grealish the whole lot of them should be made to watch it over and over and use that for this season.

I imagine Bernardo was raging, so he’s likely going to have another brilliant season.

Probably the worst thing Liverpool could have done was celebrate like that in front of us. It’s great.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby City_Analytics » Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:25 pm

A brief analysis on Grealish https://www.mancityanalytics.com/player-analysis/jack-grealish-citys-100m-man-about-to-explode

An orthodox left-back, for example Cucurella, would allow him to play in his preferred position as a left inside forward, instead of stretching the pitch. And yet last season he created more chances per game on average than Sterling.
City_Analytics
Carlo Nash's Debut

My favourite player is: Phil Foden

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:15 pm

Mase wrote:I’m honestly glad they celebrated like that in front of our players. Haaland, Grealish the whole lot of them should be made to watch it over and over and use that for this season.

I imagine Bernardo was raging, so he’s likely going to have another brilliant season.

Probably the worst thing Liverpool could have done was celebrate like that in front of us. It’s great.

So am I - anyone that just shrugs their shoulders at this loss and the manner of the loss are not real fans.

We should strive to win every game and every game we lose we should be unhappy , especially losing to the dippers and Rags.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby salford city » Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:28 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Mase wrote:I’m honestly glad they celebrated like that in front of our players. Haaland, Grealish the whole lot of them should be made to watch it over and over and use that for this season.

So am I - anyone that just shrugs their shoulders at this loss and the manner of the loss are not real fans.

We should strive to win every game and every game we lose we should be unhappy , especially losing to the dippers and Rags.

Stayed away from this but we are going to have to put these fuckers back in their box. That is now the last 4 games that we have failed to beat them and i could give a shit about the CS and the fa cup when its them. One off games against them- they have us over. Bigger picture and we keep winning the PL and that hurts them just a little bit more each time. Shows how much we mean to them but id like us to start turning them over again
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby PeterParker » Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:33 am

salford city wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Stayed away from this but we are going to have to put these fuckers back in their box. That is now the last 4 games that we have failed to beat them and i could give a shit about the CS and the fa cup when its them. One off games against them- they have us over. Bigger picture and we keep winning the PL and that hurts them just a little bit more each time. Shows how much we mean to them but id like us to start turning them over again

I think it will be very difficult to turn them while they are still using the special juices. When they couldn't we played three games: 4-0, 4-1, 1-1 (us missing a penalty). Tells a story if you ask me.
Last edited by PeterParker on Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Paul68 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:50 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

This
I get the right fucking hump when we lose. kids don't message for at least 2 days!
dippers and rags - it's at least 4...
I wish there was a way to know you are in the good old days....before you've actually left them...
Paul68
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: All the 17-18!

Postby Dimples » Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:34 pm

Paul68 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

This
I get the right fucking hump when we lose. kids don't message for at least 2 days!
dippers and rags - it's at least 4...

It is a nauseating loss but I agree that hopefully it will provide our players with an extra incentive.
The celebrations were so OTT that our players must have felt like the Liverpool players were rubbing their noses in it.
Klopp what a cnut, Nunez another one.......

I would compile a 30 sec clip of the OTT antics and play it to our players before every PL game we play this season.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby stupot » Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:04 pm

Only 1 team, in the last 11 years ( us in 2018) have gone on to win the Prem after winning the Community Shield.
That's going to continue.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby City64 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:01 pm

stupot wrote:Only 1 team, in the last 11 years ( us in 2018) have gone on to win the Prem after winning the Community Shield.
That's going to continue.

Poison challis gone to a poisonous football club and fan base , fuck them !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum