***champs v chumps community shield official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***champs v chumps community shield official match threa

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:07 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Ake is an average defender who has no idea how to head the ball to a team player - I watched him every time he was on the ball and just about every time he headed it (he normally gets beat to every header ) it went to an opposing player , he’s fucking shit .

I’d rather we had sold him to Chelsea when we could have done as we def missed a trick there .

We have also had the whole fucking summer to sign a LB , just like the year before and the year before that and every fucking year since the sack of shit mendy was found out we have needed a LB .

It’s a fucking disgrace we have not addressed this side of the pitch by now and if Pep really thinks we can plug that gap with cancelo then he needs to give himself a good slap !!!just because cancelo has one good game out of 10 in that position (and I’m being kind ) does not mean we “will be fine “ till further notice .

Right now I’d pay 50 million on the Cookie Monster from Brighton !l

Agree with this, ridiculous that we haven’t sorted the LB position, Salah had a field day against Cancelo again, imperative we sign the lad from Brighton ASAP
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby zuricity » Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:10 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Ake is an average defender who has no idea how to head the ball to a team player - I watched him every time he was on the ball and just about every time he headed it (he normally gets beat to every header ) it went to an opposing player , he’s fucking shit .

I’d rather we had sold him to Chelsea when we could have done as we def missed a trick there .

We have also had the whole fucking summer to sign a LB , just like the year before and the year before that and every fucking year since the sack of shit mendy was found out we have needed a LB .

It’s a fucking disgrace we have not addressed this side of the pitch by now and if Pep really thinks we can plug that gap with cancelo then he needs to give himself a good slap !!!just because cancelo has one good game out of 10 in that position (and I’m being kind ) does not mean we “will be fine “ till further notice .

Agree with this, ridiculous that we haven’t sorted the LB position, Salah had a field day against Cancelo again, imperative we sign the lad from Brighton ASAP

Salad was rubbish yesterday , certainly didn't cause Cancelo any problems.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:24 pm

zuricity wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:

Did you watch the same game? First half he was taking the piss out of Cancelo, a constant threat with all the space given to him.
Just been reading the match reports, the press are going overboard praising Nunez, a Klopp masterclass outwitting Pep again in another report, I know it was only a glorified friendly, but I hate losing to these cunts.
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:25 pm

zuricity wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:

seem to recall he laid on the pass for their first goal, made the cross that led to the pen - which he scored - and had the joint assist for the third.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Outcast » Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:45 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
zuricity wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:

seem to recall he laid on the pass for their first goal, made the cross that led to the pen - which he scored - and had the joint assist for the third.

Failed to score in all cup finals in when it mattered.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Dimples » Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:45 pm

My summary is:
Liverpool were much better than us yesterday.
They will not drop silly points in the PL, for ex, Fulham, Brighton, etc...
They have continuity in their playing style and players from last season if Nunez does not play
If he plays he brings a new kind of threat, he is not clinical but he will score a lot because he will get so many chances.
They have no obvious weakness if they are able to impose their game

We are the opposite to the above at the moment.
Spurs, Arsenal, etc... will rip our defense apart based on yesterday.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Outcast » Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:47 pm

Oh my can't get away from the vermin jizzing all over the media, it's embarrassing. Same old story, they build themselves only to fail when it really matters. They'll never learn.
Outcast

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby patrickblue » Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:53 pm

Dimples wrote:My summary is:
They have continuity in their playing style and players from last season if Nunez does not play
If he plays he brings a new kind of threat, he is not clinical but he will score a lot because he will get so many chances.

You definitely aren't a half full glass type of guy are you.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Original Dub » Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:12 pm

Much better than us?

Nah.
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Haaland

Postby Mase » Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:21 pm

patrickblue wrote:

I genuinely read it as Dimples taking the piss out of the media?

If not and they’re being serious, even I’m not that negative!!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Dimples » Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:27 pm

Mase wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

Correct Mase.
I probably should have posted this in the media thread.
Meanwhile with the bookies, in the real world were real money counts and people put there money where their mouth is, we are 10/13 with Liverpool 29/10. A more realistic reflection on things than the crazed media.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Mase » Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:33 pm

Dimples wrote:
Mase wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

Correct Mase.
I probably should have posted this in the media thread.
Meanwhile with the bookies, in the real world were real money counts and people put there money where their mouth is, we are 10/13 with Liverpool 29/10. A more realistic reflection on things than the crazed media.

I’m also seeing a lot take the piss out of Haaland. Good, I hope they keep doing that. He seems the type to take it personally and want to ram it down their throats.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carolina-blue » Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:47 pm

Yes I am being sent a lot of pictures of Haaland “apparently Pouting” with the tag line this is what you look like when facing proper defenders not German Farmers
Proper Defenders fuck me
carolina-blue

Postby Mase » Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:31 pm

carolina-blue wrote:Yes I am being sent a lot of pictures of Haaland “apparently Pouting” with the tag line this is what you look like when facing proper defenders not German Farmers
Proper Defenders fuck me

Proper defenders :lol: I bet Haaland is shitting himself from Dawson next week.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby zuricity » Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:33 pm

That idiot ITV commentator and his female expert ( useless btw) made a comment in the second half about Cancelo going forward and making an "unforced error" - three players closed him down and he did lose the ball. The he waffled on about City's unforced errors... Meanwhile Henderson made a cross field pass that went way over Robertsons head and out for a throw in . "Slightly over hit that " he said ... idiot it was also an unforced error and strangley enough in the next five minutes Scouse made a lot more unforced errors but they were not described as such.

Dick Van Dyke made more than enough bad passes throughout the game but because there is no danger , they don't get highlighted.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby branny » Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:10 pm

Mase wrote:Watched the highlights and Haaland made some brilliant runs but we were more bothered about passing sideways. A big worry is that we’ve bought him but won’t utilise his strengths.

This. He made some great runs but the rest of the team were in false 9 mode recycling back into midfield. We need to figure it out pretty quickly though because of the fine margins between us and the dippers. Alvarez looks more our type of player so wouldn't be unhappy to see him start and ease Haaland in off the bench if they don't suss it in the next couple of games.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:49 pm

zuricity wrote:That idiot ITV commentator and his female expert ( useless btw) made a comment in the second half about Cancelo going forward and making an "unforced error" - three players closed him down and he did lose the ball. The he waffled on about City's unforced errors... Meanwhile Henderson made a cross field pass that went way over Robertsons head and out for a throw in . "Slightly over hit that " he said ... idiot it was also an unforced error and strangley enough in the next five minutes Scouse made a lot more unforced errors but they were not described as such.

Dick Van Dyke made more than enough bad passes throughout the game but because there is no danger , they don't get highlighted.

The commentary was woeful. It was as if they all voted on who they wanted to win in the pre-match editorial and all decided it was better for the Dippers, so let’s just talk them up all game.

I’d like to think in wrong, but I’m probably not.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby nottsblue » Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:51 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
zuricity wrote:That idiot ITV commentator and his female expert ( useless btw) made a comment in the second half about Cancelo going forward and making an "unforced error" - three players closed him down and he did lose the ball. The he waffled on about City's unforced errors... Meanwhile Henderson made a cross field pass that went way over Robertsons head and out for a throw in . "Slightly over hit that " he said ... idiot it was also an unforced error and strangley enough in the next five minutes Scouse made a lot more unforced errors but they were not described as such.

The commentary was woeful. It was as if they all voted on who they wanted to win in the pre-match editorial and all decided it was better for the Dippers, so let’s just talk them up all game.

You are wrong
No way a vote was taken :lol:
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:32 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

You are wrong
No way a vote was taken :lol:

Lol, you could be right.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby patrickblue » Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:20 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

You're not wrong.
I often laugh at some of the imagined bias that gets posted on here, but that commentary was just completely one sided.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum