The View from the North End

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

The View from the North End

Postby CuteMancs » Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:05 pm

I must be getting old because the summer break went by very quickly. On the plus side I am feeling much better and should be back to my usual game routine for the first home game (perhaps minus some of the beer!). Downside is that I am now unemployed, but one problem at a time. I’m excited for the new season, but it’s not going to be easy with our transfer activity, injuries, the Word Cup and our old friend VAR. The dippers haven’t changed at all, so nothing new in these comments. I am confused about their pre-season planning. They had a game on Wednesday (away and lost 1-0) and they have a game on Sunday evening. That’s weird, isn’t it?

COME ON CITY!!!

Referee: Craig Pawson
Assistant referees: Harry Lennard and Nick Hopton
Fourth official: Darren England
VAR: John Brooks
Assistant VAR: Lee Betts

And the rest…

I imagine the team that finished the match against Salzburg will be starting. Won’t be any surprises there. Guardiola will probably overthink it again and start a random team of defenders up front and forwards playing goal.

Think City are a smidge behind us in their pre-season, so they might be a little undercooked in comparison. Think we'll finish the game stronger than them, and that's when Nunez will be on the pitch.

It's a glorified friendly so not too bothered. If we win it it would be nice to tick off the Community Shield for Kloppo and 90% of this squad, so that's a good thing.

I don't see it as a friendly, as its against our biggest rivals (of recent times), so a good indicator of where we really are. Although i don't think the "trophy" is worth a bollix...I would still really like us to win this game.

I always just viewed it as the inauguration of a new season, and a nice big shiny 50p that would look nice on a mantlepiece if we won it.

Just win.

I miss the days where the teams shared the shield if they drew. It's just another sad reflection on the game that sportsmanship is no longer prized. There has to be a winner and there has to be a loser. That said, I hope we batter them. City are not our rivals. They're merely competitors.

It will be interesting to see who starts alongside VVD. Firmino will most likely start the game with Nunez coming on after 60mins. Nunez will do to Dias what torres did to Vidic. I think he is going to be a nightmare for defenders…I am very surprised that city have not gone mental in the transfer market with the outgoings. Majority of their squad will be first choice players in the world cup and they will find it difficult to break down teams especially in the 2nd half of the season.

It would be nice to win one of the few trophies Klopp hasn't won, I'm interested to see Nunez against top quality opposition, found his movement to be very good in pre season so lets see if its as effective against class.

I know it's only a friendly but any chance to get one over on these c*nts is one that should be taken. A shame Ali isn't fit but hopefully he will be ok for Fulham. I guess the only positions where there could be a couple of different options would be who pairs with Virgil, who plays that right central midfield channel and Bobby or Darwin upfront. I think he will go with Ibou, Hendo and Bobby.

Friendly my arse, i want to beat corrupted money laundering cheating c*nts!

This game is going to be a complete farce, isn't it? Can't see Jurgen taking it seriously at all.

oh and just fucking smash these oil c*nts and win the trophy for a positive start to the season.

I usually treat my body like a temple. Last night I treated mine like a whorehouse above a liquor store next to a motherfucking Taco Bell.
CuteMancs
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC

Re: The View from the North End

Postby Outcast » Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:12 pm

Not going to hide my true feelings, I genuinely hate them more than the rags. A truly despicable mutants.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Dimples » Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:31 pm

'...Nunez will do to Dias what torres did to Vidic. I think he is going to be a nightmare for defenders…'

Really?
Wonder what he will be thinking come season's end.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby nottsblue » Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:22 pm

Cheers CM. Good to see you back

I don't see it as a friendly, as its against our biggest rivals (of recent times), so a good indicator of where we really are. Although i don't think the "trophy" is worth a bollix...I would still really like us to win this game.

This kind of sums it up for me
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Paul68 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:41 pm

Outcast wrote:Not going to hide my true feelings, I genuinely hate them more than the rags. A truly despicable mutants.

This
Got your back anytime
I wish there was a way to know you are in the good old days....before you've actually left them...
Paul68
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: All the 17-18!

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:51 pm

Friendly my arse, i want to beat corrupted money laundering cheating c*nts!

Err am I correct in saying Standard Carter the sponsors of dippers were convicted and fined zillions for money laundering, these cunts are the definition of fucking mindless cunts
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:05 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:Friendly my arse, i want to beat corrupted money laundering cheating c*nts!

Err am I correct in saying Standard Carter the sponsors of dippers were convicted and fined zillions for money laundering, these cunts are the definition of fucking mindless cunts

You are indeed correct on the money laundering: https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... s-breaches

However you are being too cruel on other fucking mindless cunts lumping them in with these murdering, bin dipping victims brigade.
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Return to The Maine Football forum