Incredible Barca FFP bribe allegation

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Incredible Barca FFP bribe allegation

Postby blues2win » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:26 am

https://twitter.com/cityreport_/status/ ... pclMkbJokQ

Allegedly a Barca executive tried to bribe a UEFA official to go hard on City and PSG. This was just before the 2 year ban subsequently overturned by CAS.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Re: Incredible Barca FFP bribe allegation

Postby nottsblue » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:30 am

There will be a large element of truth in this

And we should not deal with Barca again.

Period
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mase » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:31 am

Even more embarrassing that we constantly suck them off. Cancel this stupid friendly we’ve got against them and refuse to deal with the cunts.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:53 am

Mase wrote:Even more embarrassing that we constantly suck them off. Cancel this stupid friendly we’ve got against them and refuse to deal with the cunts.

Our hierarchy , including pep , will always partake in a Barca orgy ,,,,,,it’s in their DNA .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Mase » Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:00 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Mase wrote:Even more embarrassing that we constantly suck them off. Cancel this stupid friendly we’ve got against them and refuse to deal with the cunts.

Our hierarchy , including pep , will always partake in a Barca orgy ,,,,,,it’s in their DNA .

Like a woman that’s been battered by her husband and just keeps going back for more.

If we dare sell Bernardo to them this summer I’ll genuinely stop following us until the Barca guys leave.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby sheblue » Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:28 pm

I will be horrified if we even contemplate selling Bernardo to them.
That would just be sickening to the core.

And why this ridiculous friendly? I mean just fuck off basket case Barca.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby salford city » Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:36 pm

sheblue wrote:I will be horrified if we even contemplate selling Bernardo to them.

As has akready been pointed out, whilst the Spafia are in charge we will do everything that we can to assist Farca. I only hope the chairman stays close to any discussions. I find it fucking ridiculous but am not surprised at all
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Outcast » Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:10 pm

salford city wrote:
sheblue wrote:I will be horrified if we even contemplate selling Bernardo to them.

As has akready been pointed out, whilst the Spafia are in charge we will do everything that we can to assist Farca. I only hope the chairman stays close to any discussions. I find it fucking ridiculous but am not surprised at all

If assisting them is by putting them 1.3b in debt and having a shit team for the past 4 years, I'd say long it may continue. They have affinity to Barcelona, not sure they're that fond of the club to that extent, after all they were driven out. Maybe they have a soft spot for them but can't imagine them jeaporadising their cushty income for sake of sentiment. Sometimes it does feel like that, but when I look at the bigger pic, where we and Barcelona are, I know which club I'd rather be.

P.s can't see Bernie moving this summer, there is no chance them affording him. I can see him going next summer and us replacing him with Bellingham.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mase » Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:06 pm

Outcast wrote:
salford city wrote:

If assisting them is by putting them 1.3b in debt and having a shit team for the past 4 years, I'd say long it may continue. They have affinity to Barcelona, not sure they're that fond of the club to that extent, after all they were driven out. Maybe they have a soft spot for them but can't imagine them jeaporadising their cushty income for sake of sentiment. Sometimes it does feel like that, but when I look at the bigger pic, where we and Barcelona are, I know which club I'd rather be.

P.s can't see Bernie moving this summer, there is no chance them affording him. I can see him going next summer and us replacing him with Bellingham.

It’s not putting them in more debt. They owe various clubs over £100M in transfer fees. They’re structuring the deals to pay little upfront. And muppets like our lot are allowing them to do it.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dimples » Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:39 pm

Wow - the tide must be turning in our favor - amazed by this - is it a first i.e. a leak that shows how a cartel member tried to shaft us?

Are the old established power structures starting to creak, if only a little bit?
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby carolina-blue » Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:49 pm

Dimples wrote:Wow - the tide must be turning in our favor - amazed by this - is it a first i.e. a leak that shows how a cartel member tried to shaft us?

Are the old established power structures starting to creak, if only a little bit?

Carpet lift brush you watch - other way around and we would be hung drawn and Quarted .
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby zuricity » Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:29 pm

Mase wrote:
Outcast wrote:
salford city wrote:

It’s not putting them in more debt. They owe various clubs over £100M in transfer fees. They’re structuring the deals to pay little upfront. And muppets like our lot are allowing them to do it.

They , Barca, like the Rags are assuming that the money will keep flowing. Barca have sold their grandchildrens potential/future ... to get money now.
Actually , they should be declared bankrupt and that would be the best for the City of Barcelona. Finally accept they have to do something and not live on EU charity funding and dubious banks.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:44 pm

Barca need to be extremely successful Over the next 5 years or so otherwise they will end up doing a Leeds and go down into the depths .

They are taking a huge gamble .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PeterParker » Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:31 am

To be honest did not expect that from them with our catalan connections, but what a fucking disgrace.

Sure, they will say that is the ex-board with Bartolomeu, but I still think we lack the ruthless to dig a hole and push these fuckers into it.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby sheblue » Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:38 pm

If we pick up any injuries playing this ridiculous friendly I will be fuming.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Mase » Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:26 pm

Barca after TAA now :lol: Uefa just going to sit by here?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:51 pm

sheblue wrote:If we pick up any injuries playing this ridiculous friendly I will be fuming.

More concerned they will tsp up Bernado and/or his wife
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby blues-clues » Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:39 pm

So Barca approached a bank for a loan using future income from CL tv revenues as security. UEFA said no - it's not guaranteed Barca will qualify or make progress. They are now apparently €150m away from the figure that La Liga needs them to be in order to register the players they signed. It's unbelievable that this is being allowed. It is esactly what FFP was bought in to stop and they are just ignoring it. It's the blatant hypocrisy that is most galling.
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Postby Scatman » Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:22 pm

blues-clues wrote:So Barca approached a bank for a loan using future income from CL tv revenues as security. UEFA said no - it's not guaranteed Barca will qualify or make progress. They are now apparently €150m away from the figure that La Liga needs them to be in order to register the players they signed. It's unbelievable that this is being allowed. It is esactly what FFP should have been brought in to stop and they are just ignoring it. It's the blatant hypocrisy that is most galling.

Slight alteration
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:58 am

Everything is corrupt. Fuck them.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Next