Squad Depth

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Squad Depth

Postby Mase » Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:17 pm

blues2win wrote:We were very unlucky last season to lose so many defenders at the same time. This season we’ve let go Zinchenko and Mandy’s not coming back. It would be criminally irresponsible not to bring in a left back since Txiki and Pep clearly don’t thing Wilson Esbrand is ready, promising though he is. If that is sorted I’m reasonably happy. Pep doesn’t want a bigger unhappy squad.

If he starts utilising his subs more often then hopefully we won’t end up in the state we were at the end of last season.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Nickyboy » Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:30 pm

Mase wrote:
stupot wrote:2 keepers.
4 centre backs
2 full backs plus JWE
2 CDM
Bernie, KDB, Gundo, Mahrez, Foden, Grealish, Haaland, Alvarez, Palmer

We.ve improved everywhere from last season with incomings and outgoings apart from the replacement for Zinch. Get that boxed off and we've got a great squad.
The cringing when Sterling or Jesus played- can't see that happening with Haaland and Alvarez. Phillips is a great option for Rodri as opposed to using a 37 year old. Just get the left back in and we've got a perfect squad.

The way to solve that is to use the kids more when we're 3 goals up to ensure players get more rest.

The fact we're allowed 5 subs now means he can get the usual lot on to get their game bonus but take off and rest 2 extra players with kids.

Used correctly that's how we could get away with a small squad again. And if we're more clinical we can hopefully get more dead rubber games in cup comps to put the kids out

I’m not talking about improving quality.

That doesn’t alter the fact we were flat out at the end of last season and played injured or not fully fit players for the last few games and got away with it.

You’re happy to do that again? Or should we be looking at avoiding that situation?
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Nickyboy » Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:34 pm

Nick wrote:
PeterParker wrote:The real issues is that knowing Pep, he will go again for the quadruple.
And with the current numbers it will be mental.

He regularly throws the fa cup semi due to our lack of depth ?

He played a stronger team against Liverpool last weekend than he did in an FA Cup semi final. Pissed me off before the charity shield even started!
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Dimples » Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:59 pm

You can sum up our squad depth like this:

Back four for WH picks itself: Walker Diaz Ake Cancelo
Any injuries and the backup is: Stones (zero minutes pre season), two kids no PL experience, Laporte injured until September.
We have a first team squad with 20 outfield players.
With a WC mid-season.

This is madness.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Nick » Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:37 pm

Nickyboy wrote:
Nick wrote:
PeterParker wrote:The real issues is that knowing Pep, he will go again for the quadruple.

He played a stronger team against Liverpool last weekend than he did in an FA Cup semi final. Pissed me off before the charity shield even started!

True. He only did that because we have no pre season

Re 5 subs - we now have no kids he trusts to bring on. Who is there?

No mcatee delap doyle right back

Only palmer n mbete
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:07 pm

Nick wrote:
Nickyboy wrote:
Nick wrote:

True. He only did that because we have no pre season

Re 5 subs - we now have no kids he trusts to bring on. Who is there?

No mcatee delap doyle right back

Only palmer n mbete

I cannot understand Mcatee going on loan - he really is the real deal and if he does indeed goes on loan then Bernardo cannot and should not be sold this season .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum