Tax Thread (please move to OT)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Loan Watch

Postby Dubciteh » Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:53 am

Mase wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:
Mase wrote:Tommy Doyle is only 21 and has done well everywhere he’s been loaned. Is he a Rodri backup for next season (assuming Phillips will continue to be injured)

Didnt he flop in germany? Thats my worry. We need an extra body in midfield for numbers and id be happy if it was doyle but i just dont know if he has the quality for us.

I think he was injured so came back to City?

The Hamburg manager at the time - “His feet are sensational," he told Hamburger Morgenpost (via Sport Witness ). "Tommy is in the observation role and tries to implement things in training.

Ah right didnt realise thats positive then.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby BlueinBosnia » Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:41 am

Mase wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:
Mase wrote:Tommy Doyle is only 21 and has done well everywhere he’s been loaned. Is he a Rodri backup for next season (assuming Phillips will continue to be injured)

Didnt he flop in germany? Thats my worry. We need an extra body in midfield for numbers and id be happy if it was doyle but i just dont know if he has the quality for us.

I think he was injured so came back to City?

The Hamburg manager at the time - “His feet are sensational," he told Hamburger Morgenpost (via Sport Witness ). "Tommy is in the observation role and tries to implement things in training.

That quote first appeared in the German press on 17 September 2021. By that point, Hamburg had only played one game, in which he was an unused sub.

He didn't start a single league game for them during his loan period. However, something I'd never see before was that the writing was on the wall for his loan spell there because he chose to return to the UK for Christmas, which meant he'd have had to quarantine upon returning, meaning he'd have missed Hamburg's mid-season training: https://www.si.com/soccer/manchestercit ... sv-hamburg

I think it's not really something you can judge either way on. The manager said positive things about him but didn't play him, then it seemed as if the loan was all but over before it was officially cut short (I don't know whether City recalled him or Hamburg chose to cancel it, though).
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Mase » Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:54 am

Delap on the bench again last night and came on around 83 mins. 1 goals in 14 appearances…..I’m getting Brewster vibes!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby salford city » Thu Nov 03, 2022 12:10 pm

Mase wrote:Delap on the bench again last night and came on around 83 mins. 1 goals in 14 appearances…..I’m getting Brewster vibes!

Just seen the tackle on Mcatee that the Bristol player got a red for. He was lucky to get up from that and finish the game
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby BlueinBosnia » Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:08 am

Do we expect to see any movements in January? From what I can see on Wikipedia, the only guy supposed to be heading back to us is some Argentinian I've never heard of that we apparently paid over £5 million for - Dario Sarmiento - that's at Montevideo City. If the loan isn't extended/made permanent, I'm guessing he'll be moved to somewhere else within CFG, as he's already been at Girona
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mase » Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:15 am

BlueinBosnia wrote:Do we expect to see any movements in January? From what I can see on Wikipedia, the only guy supposed to be heading back to us is some Argentinian I've never heard of that we apparently paid over £5 million for - Dario Sarmiento - that's at Montevideo City. If the loan isn't extended/made permanent, I'm guessing he'll be moved to somewhere else within CFG, as he's already been at Girona

Do Stoke have Delap for the full season? I’d pull him straight away to be honest. Terrible move for him going there just because his dad is there. By all accounts we had tons of interest in him and he’s getting fed by some of the worst there.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby john@staustell » Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:20 am

Mase wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:Do we expect to see any movements in January? From what I can see on Wikipedia, the only guy supposed to be heading back to us is some Argentinian I've never heard of that we apparently paid over £5 million for - Dario Sarmiento - that's at Montevideo City. If the loan isn't extended/made permanent, I'm guessing he'll be moved to somewhere else within CFG, as he's already been at Girona

Do Stoke have Delap for the full season? I’d pull him straight away to be honest. Terrible move for him going there just because his dad is there. By all accounts we had tons of interest in him and he’s getting fed by some of the worst there.

Mase - if he was going to make it, he'd be in our first team squad right now and we wouldn't have bought Alvarez, for one. Like Foden was.

He is 20 in February - your irrepressable and eternal optimism regarding any young player is creditable. But in the high standards of Manchester City 2022, wildly unrealistic.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby nottsblue » Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:38 am

john@staustell wrote:
Mase wrote:

Mase - if he was going to make it, he'd be in our first team squad right now and we wouldn't have bought Alvarez, for one. Like Foden was.

He is 20 in February - your irrepressable and eternal optimism regarding any young player is creditable. But in the high standards of Manchester City 2022, wildly unrealistic.

One could also infer that the loan to Stoke was a poor choice because he isn’t in the right shop window for us to get the maximum revenue for when he is sold and as such a recall would be in his and the clubs interest to then get a more appropriate club for the second part of the season
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby nottsblue » Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:38 am

john@staustell wrote:
Mase wrote:

One could also infer that the loan to Stoke was a poor choice because he isn’t in the right shop window for us to get the maximum revenue for when he is sold and as such a recall would be in his and the clubs interest to then get a more appropriate club for the second part of the season
nottsblue

Postby nottsblue » Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:39 am

john@staustell wrote:
Mase wrote:

nottsblue

Postby nottsblue » Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:39 am

john@staustell wrote:
Mase wrote:

nottsblue

Postby Mase » Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:42 am

john@staustell wrote:
Mase wrote:

When we have the best academy facilities and we’ve pumped millions into them we should all have optimism that most players coming through will either make us a good few million or be given the chance in a cup game. Or in Rico’s case, actually play instead of a CB at RB.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby BlueinBosnia » Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:46 am

john@staustell wrote:
Mase wrote:

Didn't someone (probably Southampton) allegedly offer us around £15 million for him at one point? I don't think we're going to be getting offers anywhere near that much for him judging from what's happening in his time at Stoke, with most of their goals coming from defence or midfield. From our financial perspective and his developmental perspective, it may well have been better for him to have stayed here.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Postby dick dastardley » Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:32 pm

Heard kayky heading back to us soon, he's not impressed in Portugal
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Dubciteh » Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:55 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
Mase wrote:

Didn't someone (probably Southampton) allegedly offer us around £15 million for him at one point? I don't think we're going to be getting offers anywhere near that much for him judging from what's happening in his time at Stoke, with most of their goals coming from defence or midfield. From our financial perspective and his developmental perspective, it may well have been better for him to have stayed here.

Yeah southampton but the rumour was closer to 30. He needs a better loan so i agree with Mase
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Mase » Sat Dec 10, 2022 9:41 pm

Delap scored.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby RodneyRodney » Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:33 am

Mase wrote:Delap scored.

Kane missed
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby nottsblue » Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:50 am

Mase wrote:Delap scored.

Scored again for Stoke yesterday. Seems to have found a bit of form
nottsblue

Postby Nick » Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:57 pm

How's mcatee
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Mase » Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:12 pm

Nick wrote:How's mcatee

Seems to be starting more. Struggled to find his feet when he first went but is settling in well now.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum