Bellingham - yay or nay?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Bellingham - yay or nay?

Postby PeterParker » Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:55 am

Do you want him?

I will start. Quality player, don't know where he would play in our system, but my issue is he looks like a spoiled brat.

I will say no.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Re: Bellingham - yay or nay?

Postby Outcast » Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:33 am

PeterParker wrote:Do you want him?

I will start. Quality player, don't know where he would play in our system, but my issue is he looks like a spoiled brat.

I will say no.

We need bit of cuntish player, someone to rile the opposition, thats what we missed at klanfield. Maybe he can fulfil that role? Too many nice guys in our team.

Deffo yes
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby salford city » Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:43 am

Outcast wrote:
PeterParker wrote:Do you want him?

I will say no.

We need bit of cuntish player, someone to rile the opposition, thats what we missed at klanfield. Maybe he can fulfil that role? Too many nice guys in our team.

Deffo yes

I think the nice guy image runs through our whole club. If we got Bellingham, he would tone down his behaviour like the rest of the squad. That said, its a yes from me. Grealish Foden and Bellingham along with Kdb supplying Haaland and Alvarez what's not to like
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:08 am

Never failed to impress me when I have seen him. Think he is going to be England captain in the next few years and become one of the best around. I would take him ASAP. Don't want him anywhere near the dippers, rags, Arse or chelsea
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby sheblue » Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:28 am

With gundo and kev getting into the 30s, we will most certainly be in for him in the summer. 100%.

And it's not rocket science to predict a huge fee. I guess up to 130 -140 million in euro is what Dortmund will want, maybe more.

Who can afford him?
Us, the Rags, PSG, RM even Chelsea?
Can't see Liverpool going serious money for him.

We can send Gundo back as a sweetner.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Mase » Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:43 am

We need Kolarov back imo.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Dimples » Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:49 am

sheblue wrote:With gundo and kev getting into the 30s, we will most certainly be in for him in the summer. 100%.

And it's not rocket science to predict a huge fee. I guess up to 130 -140 million in euro is what Dortmund will want, maybe more.

Who can afford him?

Newcastle will be in the frame if they get top 4.
Read BS article recently that Liverpool were best positioned for not only Bellingham but Moukoko also.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby salford city » Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:10 am

Dimples wrote:
sheblue wrote:With gundo and kev getting into the 30s, we will most certainly be in for him in the summer. 100%.

Who can afford him?

Read BS article recently that Liverpool were best positioned for not only Bellingham but Moukoko also.

Aaaaarfffff. Scouse have ni chance in hell. They will likely struggle ti get top 4 as well regardless of the help they will continue to receive
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:37 am

Ay?
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:43 am

i was a big fan but starting to notice that he's developing a personality that reflects that he's had his dick sucked by everyone since he was about 13 years old.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby nottsblue » Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:01 am

Wonderwall wrote:Never failed to impress me when I have seen him. Think he is going to be England captain in the next few years and become one of the best around. I would take him ASAP. Don't want him anywhere near the dippers, rags, Arse or chelsea

+1
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby sheblue » Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:53 am

Dimples wrote:

Who can afford him?

Cant see Newcastle getting top 4, they have too much competition and too much against them. Even if they did get top four it would be still a huge surprise if he went there.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby stupot » Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:01 pm

I'd have him like a shot. Would he improve the squad? Absolutely and we're probably losing a couple in the summer so he'd improve the team as well.
Don't understand the spoilt brat and personality issues. We've had loads of players who we've loved and the opposition have hated. Ask a dipper about Bernardo with his cup of tea.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:14 pm

stupot wrote:I'd have him like a shot. Would he improve the squad? Absolutely and we're probably losing a couple in the summer so he'd improve the team as well.
Don't understand the spoilt brat and personality issues. We've had loads of players who we've loved and the opposition have hated. Ask a dipper about Bernardo with his cup of tea.

I wouldn’t get a dippers opinion about anything personally.

Bellamy would be a good example or us not liking a player before they joined.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby stupot » Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:27 pm

Mase wrote:
stupot wrote:I'd have him like a shot. Would he improve the squad? Absolutely and we're probably losing a couple in the summer so he'd improve the team as well.

Yep, I'd thought of Bellamy and also Tevez
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:41 pm

stupot wrote:
Mase wrote:

Yep, I'd thought of Bellamy and also Tevez

I’d personally take anyone that will give 100% and improve the team. The only exceptions were ever Rooney or Ronaldo.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dameerto » Wed Oct 26, 2022 5:31 pm

A qualified yes - assuming our recruitment team know if he's a cnut or not. Seems intelligent, hopefully not a cnut (and just age related tantrums so far).
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Zezou » Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:29 pm

100% yes he is class. I don't get the negative opinions he seems to get on here, just don't see it myself!

And he'd play in the midfield 3, second name on the teamsheet (of the 3) after kdb. Ideal gundo replacement for me.
Only worry is would him and rodri in the same 3 take anything away from our attack? From what I've seen of him, I don't think so
Zezou
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Mase » Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:37 pm

Zezou wrote:100% yes he is class. I don't get the negative opinions he seems to get on here, just don't see it myself!

And he'd play in the midfield 3, second name on the teamsheet (of the 3) after kdb. Ideal gundo replacement for me.
Only worry is would him and rodri in the same 3 take anything away from our attack? From what I've seen of him, I don't think so

He kicked off with Foden and had a pushing and shoving match for absolutely no reason whatsoever. I’m sure he did it with Gundo the other year as well. The guys petulant but it’s probably just an age thing.
Last edited by Mase on Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Zezou » Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:58 pm

Mase wrote:
Zezou wrote:100% yes he is class. I don't get the negative opinions he seems to get on here, just don't see it myself!

He kicked off with Foden and has a pushing and shoving match for absolutely no reason whatsoever. I’m sure he did it with Gundo the other year as well. The guys petulant but it’s probably just an age thing.

It's part of the game man, being competitive and trying to frustrate.
I'm sure him and foden are big mates when on England duty and foden thought nothing of it. Don't see why fans would...
Zezou
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum