Bellingham - yay or nay?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Bellingham - yay or nay?

Postby patrickblue » Fri May 05, 2023 8:34 pm

PeterParker wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Wonder who we are playing next Wednesday??

Most likely yes, however Romano rarely get's it wrong.

What did Romano have to say about Kun going to Madrid every transfer window?

No idea.
Did he say he is going there?

I'm asking you. You're the one who says he's rarely wrong, and the Spanish press said Real were buying Sergio in every transfer window when he was a City player.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby ayrshireblue » Fri May 05, 2023 9:16 pm

patrickblue wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

No idea.

I'm asking you. You're the one who says he's rarely wrong, and the Spanish press said Real were buying Sergio in every transfer window when he was a City player.

Romano is Italian though. He tends not to commit until all is 99% certain and I could be wrong but I don't remember him saying anything about Aguero going to Madrid.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Sat May 06, 2023 6:28 am

Romano Is a chancer and, similar to Sam Lee, words his tweets so that when he is wrong he can claim “well I actually said Real were close I didn’t say it was done”.

He said something similar with Haaland last year and Real.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby PeterParker » Sat May 06, 2023 7:43 am

patrickblue wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

No idea.

I think Ayrshireblue responded.
Usually he tweets when things are really close, that is why he is mentioned in many many cases.
The only one he got it wrong in the past year (that I've noticed) was Mudryk, but Chelsea did a last minute with them.
But when he is posting advance talks and terms agreed between player and club, It's mostly done.

Now it's up to Dortmund.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Mase » Mon May 08, 2023 8:53 am

If we do miss out on Bellingham, could we see a DM like Rice being brought in with Rodri moving a bit further forward in the Gundo role?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby sheblue » Mon May 08, 2023 9:32 am

Mase wrote:If we do miss out on Bellingham, could we see a DM like Rice being brought in with Rodri moving a bit further forward in the Gundo role?

No. Phillips will play there ;)
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby salford city » Mon May 08, 2023 9:45 am

Mase wrote:If we do miss out on Bellingham, could we see a DM like Rice being brought in with Rodri moving a bit further forward in the Gundo role?

That would work for me providing that Rice steps up. I've yet to be convinced by him. Rodders moving up would give us goals as he's not afraid to have a go from outside of the box but he lacks Gundo's timing. Preference for us to give Gundo the deal he wants but I don't see us doing that
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby nottsblue » Mon May 08, 2023 9:52 am

salford city wrote:

That would work for me providing that Rice steps up. I've yet to be convinced by him. Rodders moving up would give us goals as he's not afraid to have a go from outside of the box but he lacks Gundo's timing. Preference for us to give Gundo the deal he wants but I don't see us doing that

Rice doesn't convince me for his price tag. If he could be swapped for Phillips with an Academy boy thrown in as well, then that would be more acceptable
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mase » Mon May 08, 2023 10:30 am

nottsblue wrote:
salford city wrote:

Rice doesn't convince me for his price tag. If he could be swapped for Phillips with an Academy boy thrown in as well, then that would be more acceptable

We sold Lavia last summer Notts, so unfortunately it won’t happen unless we buy him back.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Mon May 08, 2023 10:59 am

Mase wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
salford city wrote:

We sold Lavia last summer Notts, so unfortunately it won’t happen unless we buy him back.

What’s Lavia got to do with it? I’m confused

I’m suggesting we get Rice and West Ham get Philips and a boy from the Academy. For example Oscar Bobb or Charles Shea or Alex Robertson or Adedire Mebude. Someone we value in the £10-15M bracket. Or maybe Cole Palmer who is already in our first team squad but looks like he would be better suited to make his career elsewhere
nottsblue

Postby Mase » Mon May 08, 2023 11:25 am

“If he could be swapped for Phillips with an Academy boy thrown in..”

Lavia was the perfect academy boy you refer to. He was bigged up by a lot of the players, including Kev. If Pep didn’t do it with Lavia he’s not going to do it with the others unfortunately.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Mon May 08, 2023 11:30 am

Mase wrote:“If he could be swapped for Phillips with an Academy boy thrown in..”

Lavia was the perfect academy boy you refer to. He was bigged up by a lot of the players, including Kev. If Pep didn’t do it with Lavia he’s not going to do it with the others unfortunately.

He was sold. Is that not the whole point? That we use a lad who is unlikely to feature prominently for us to dangle as a carrot in a deal to get a player who does fit our profile?

And this could be for any player, not just Rice.
nottsblue

Postby Mase » Mon May 08, 2023 11:34 am

nottsblue wrote:
Mase wrote:“If he could be swapped for Phillips with an Academy boy thrown in..”

He was sold. Is that not the whole point? That we use a lad who is unlikely to feature prominently for us to dangle as a carrot in a deal to get a player who does fit our profile?

Would that not have been perfect for Lavia? Use him when Rodri needs resting and in the cup whilst being at the best club in the world learning from the best?

I think you agree but I’m guessing you’re missing my point?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Mon May 08, 2023 11:58 am

Mase wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Would that not have been perfect for Lavia? Use him when Rodri needs resting and in the cup whilst being at the best club in the world learning from the best?

I think you agree but I’m guessing you’re missing my point?

I agree that Lavia could have been that player. I get this point.

But my original point was we use an academy lad in part exchange, along with Philips who for whatever reason has not turned out to be signing we hoped/wanted him to be, to get an established International player. Now, if that academy lad turns out to excel for West Ham and Rice doesn’t for us, then we may have another scenario like the Phillips and Lavia scenario we’ve seen this season. So be it

West Ham, certainly Moyes in particular, are valuing Rice in the £100M bracket. For me, I haven’t seen enough in Rice to suggest he’s worth that. But if we value Phillips in the £45M bracket, ie getting our money back, and if we chuck in an academy lad who we value in the £10-15M bracket, then I think the total of £60M for Rice would be worth it. Whether West Ham would accept it is entirely a different matter.

We can’t keep all the Academy lads and having just won the league their values and stock will be high, hence suggesting we utilise one of them
nottsblue

Postby Mase » Mon May 08, 2023 12:01 pm

Ah okay, I thought you were saying use an academy lad to promote to our first team and to have as back up. I didn’t realise you meant use an academy lad in the deal with WHU.

Got you now.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nickyboy » Mon May 08, 2023 8:34 pm

I was thinking last night that Rice would be perfect for us in the role that Stones has been playing as a CB that steps into midfield.

I think he is a player that would flourish playing with better players
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Dubciteh » Sun May 14, 2023 8:51 pm

Something today about not wanting us because we are a plastic club. Good one jude.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun May 14, 2023 8:56 pm

No way JB would have said that.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby PeterParker » Wed May 17, 2023 9:44 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby sheblue » Wed May 17, 2023 9:58 pm

If he still wants to go to Madrid after that, then he is as thick as two buckets of shit.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum