Officiating - He Got Away With One There!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Officiating

Postby Mase » Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:47 am

Not sure why the club aren’t employing Halsey in some capacity. Get him to out the corruption like he tried to do when he retired. Pay for his lawyers. Do whatever it takes. I’m sure there’s other former refs that would follow.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:49 am

Mase wrote:Not sure why the club aren’t employing Halsey in some capacity. Get him to out the corruption like he tried to do when he retired. Pay for his lawyers. Do whatever it takes. I’m sure there’s other former refs that would follow.

That's a good shout. What's he doing now, you never see or hear him on any footie shows...
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Mase » Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:57 am

Bluemoon4610 wrote:
Mase wrote:Not sure why the club aren’t employing Halsey in some capacity. Get him to out the corruption like he tried to do when he retired. Pay for his lawyers. Do whatever it takes. I’m sure there’s other former refs that would follow.

That's a good shout. What's he doing now, you never see or hear him on any footie shows...

Assuming he got paid off, had to sign an NDA or something similar after his book came out. He was told to be quiet, definitely.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:07 am

Great shout
"Alvarez haters must be squirming"
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Haaland

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:51 am

You'd think a whistle-blowing book would sell a fair bit.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby zuricity » Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:25 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:You'd think a whistle-blowing book would sell a fair bit.

Can't see it being a best seller though .
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:43 pm

london blue 2 wrote:Whilst I agree the officiating is awful i find it hard to truly believe in the anti City conspiracy. I think it is probably more to do with the human factors- ie Man City are the best, richest, well run club so they tend to “level it out” by allowing a few more decisions to the opponents.

But having read what I just wrote I guess that is an anti Man City agenda :lol:

Sure is, lol.

My thoughts are a little different and although I believe/know that there’s an anti-City agenda from certain clubs, which the PL pander to, I think it’s more to do with the brand and how it can be sold worldwide. We have been superb under Pep and if it wasn’t for the officiating then we would have blown the other teams out of the water. It’s quite obvious to many that red clubs have been given an helping hand which gives the league a notion of competitiveness, and that’s what they want/need to promote.

It’s not lost on people that the PL set-up its own officiating company for referees, taking the control out of the FAs hands.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby zuricity » Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:14 pm

why aren't pigmol mixing up the refs and linesmen , It is not good for the game. Coutts and the same cronies running the lines.
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Mase » Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:17 pm

I used to see Halsey around Middlebrook a lot. Not sure if he still lives in the area. He was always sound with me. We talked about Gillingham a few times and he always had a grin when I mentioned the added time.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:48 pm

Until we hear the discussions held between the officials on the pitch and with the VAR and there is transparency and accountability for incorrect decisions, then nothing will change.

We and the club can bang the drum as much as we want, decisions can be called out by Pep/the club but nothing will happen or change. At present it's a closed shop and we aren't privy to what goes on

All we can do is to do what we can affect. And that is to play well enough that the corruption can't control us. Easier said than done but we gave proved before we can do it and we need to again
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby MIAMCFC » Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:21 pm

Scousers should have had 2 red cards in 2 mins. Fabinho & Robertson. 2-1 var is not fit for purpose but Brighton get the winner
MIAMCFC
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby zuricity » Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:06 pm

MIAMCFC wrote:Scousers should have had 2 red cards in 2 mins. Fabinho & Robertson. 2-1 var is not fit for purpose but Brighton get the winner

Had Robertson not comitted a Red card worthy foul. There would have been no free kick and therefore no goal from a free kick.
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:07 pm

MIAMCFC wrote:Scousers should have had 2 red cards in 2 mins. Fabinho & Robertson. 2-1 var is not fit for purpose but Brighton get the winner

Not forgetting the last man when Brighton broke through and the Liverpool player blatantly throws him to the floor.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby MIAMCFC » Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:45 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

Not forgetting the last man when Brighton broke through and the Liverpool player blatantly throws him to the floor.

Glen Murray said how can the Var ref not advise straight red for Fabinho.
MIAMCFC
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:55 pm

MIAMCFC wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Glen Murray said how can the Var ref not advise straight red for Fabinho.

I seen it mentioned that VAR cannot be called upon because it’s outside the box. Load of horseshit, VAR can get involved with any red card decision, especially when there’s a possible goal scoring opportunity missed or a serious foul play.

Smoke and mirrors to hide the fact that they want certain clubs going long in their competitions.

Anybody wonder why all these strange decisions come about just after Webb took over at PiGMOL?

I don’t.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Re: Officiating - He Got Away With One There!

Postby Original Dub » Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:07 pm

Certainly a major coincidence that the gears went up after Webb took over.

Surely they're not that brazen??
"Alvarez haters must be squirming"
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Haaland

Postby nottsblue » Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:45 pm

Original Dub wrote:Certainly a major coincidence that the gears went up after Webb took over.

Yes. We know they are

And the worst part about it, I think it will get worse. Until the rags are serious title challengers again. So we’d best be prepared to for a bumpy road
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:42 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Certainly a major coincidence that the gears went up after Webb took over.

Yes. We know they are

And the worst part about it, I think it will get worse. Until the rags are serious title challengers again. So we’d best be prepared to for a bumpy road

Let’s face it, it was only a matter of time until the huge spending from United would kick in and they’d start to move up the table. Remember Maureen’s best ever achievement, Ole getting top 4?

It’s becoming a joke but one, as we also take the millions, we have to take seriously. Are we happy to become an Arsenal and accept our lot or do we fight behind the scenes as we’ve been doing for a while?

Sounds strange but at the moment we still need the red clubs to challenge in order to keep the huge money rolling in. Me, personally, would tell them to fuck off as integrity of the league is sacrosanct.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dimples » Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:22 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Yes. We know they are

Let’s face it, it was only a matter of time until the huge spending from United would kick in and they’d start to move up the table. Remember Maureen’s best ever achievement, Ole getting top 4?

It’s becoming a joke but one, as we also take the millions, we have to take seriously. Are we happy to become an Arsenal and accept our lot or do we fight behind the scenes as we’ve been doing for a while?

Sounds strange but at the moment we still need the red clubs to challenge in order to keep the huge money rolling in. Me, personally, would tell them to fuck off as integrity of the league is sacrosanct.

It is a strategy doomed to failure imo. Works short term, fails longer term. The overseas 'fans' will switch off. The overseas fans bring in the huge cash. Games now involving MU & Liv are like the WWE. But global football fans don't want WWE, they want competitive tough matches. I know Liv and MU 'fans' who are getting pissed off (I am overseas). Sure they enjoyed it initially but now their 'victories' are becoming hollow.
The PL is going to kill the goose that layed the golden egg. What made English football great is being taken out of the game. Fans won't want that in the longer term.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:09 am

Dimples wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Yes. We know they are

It is a strategy doomed to failure imo. Works short term, fails longer term. The overseas 'fans' will switch off. The overseas fans bring in the huge cash. Games now involving MU & Liv are like the WWE. But global football fans don't want WWE, they want competitive tough matches. I know Liv and MU 'fans' who are getting pissed off (I am overseas). Sure they enjoyed it initially but now their 'victories' are becoming hollow.
The PL is going to kill the goose that layed the golden egg. What made English football great is being taken out of the game. Fans won't want that in the longer term.

Even the home fans will switch off. After the Derby I had plenty who said we were robbed and although they’ll take it, they don’t want to see that every week as they know that it will be a false position.

Personally, I don’t give the likes of Sky and BT my money because of the people they employ and the narrative that they sell. That includes the branding and protection of the product which has gone from biased to outright blatant cheating.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum