Officiating - He Got Away With One There!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Officiating - He Got Away With One There!

Postby Indianablue » Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:20 pm

We get stung for £120k and accept it without challenge and Arsenal get Arteta off scot free of abusing the ref, league and officials of incompetence, bias and borderline corruption in several post mast interviews, not just a heat of the moment reaction. In plain view, the way we are held to a different standard. Why do we just rollover? Will we accept some of the 115 charges and a points reduction if we avoid relegation. Why do we accept reporters that slander our name and cll our players cheats at every opportunity? The rags have no problem controlling out of step reporters. Our club needs to start flexing some of its muscle
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Francis Lee

Postby Mase » Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:25 pm

£120k?!!!!! Must be some record that for the charge? Apparently Arteta blamed a language barrier :lol:
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby zuricity » Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:02 pm

Mase wrote:£120k?!!!!! Must be some record that for the charge? Apparently Arteta blamed a language barrier :lol:

Wow that is Waaaay over the top

115 surely ?
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby nottsblue » Sun Dec 24, 2023 9:32 am

The exact opposite

Just seen the Wily Boly tackle which resulted in a second yellow for Forest yesterday. A truly cretinous decision. Cleanly won the ball without studs up

Strange how VAR cannot intervene with something that can clearly affect the outcome of a game and possibly a season

The same for the disallowed goal for DCL for Everton at spuds. It was a goal, it was that simple
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Indianablue » Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:48 am

nottsblue wrote:The exact opposite

Just seen the Wily Boly tackle which resulted in a second yellow for Forest yesterday. A truly cretinous decision. Cleanly won the ball without studs up

Strange how VAR cannot intervene with something that can clearly affect the outcome of a game and possibly a season

The same for the disallowed goal for DCL for Everton at spuds. It was a goal, it was that simple

The decisions by VAR for a significant number of events would lead you to believe they are managed by incompetents or they are are fucking up on purpose to hide the intentional fixes
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Francis Lee

Postby nottsblue » Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:46 am

The penalty awarded for Villa was a joke. Linekar on MotD called it out as a dive, then Dion Dublin argued if you don’t go to ground it doesn’t get given. Which is sadly correct.

But this is where VAR fails us. These decisions made on field are often inconsistent with some given and some not. But VAR is consistent in that it never overturns these decisions as apparently they are subjective and solely down to the referees on field decisions. Whereas if VAR was used to eradicate these inconsistencies then maybe football starts to return to the spectacle it could be
nottsblue

Postby ayrshireblue » Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:37 am

nottsblue wrote:The penalty awarded for Villa was a joke. Linekar on MotD called it out as a dive, then Dion Dublin argued if you don’t go to ground it doesn’t get given. Which is sadly correct.

But this is where VAR fails us. These decisions made on field are often inconsistent with some given and some not. But VAR is consistent in that it never overturns these decisions as apparently they are subjective and solely down to the referees on field decisions. Whereas if VAR was used to eradicate these inconsistencies then maybe football starts to return to the spectacle it could be

Terrible decision to award the penalty to Villa. Yes there was contact as both players went for the ball but the Villa player took two steps then remembered to fall. Not impeded in any way at all and should have been a yellow for trying to deceive the ref.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby zuricity » Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:47 am

ayrshireblue wrote:
nottsblue wrote:The penalty awarded for Villa was a joke. Linekar on MotD called it out as a dive, then Dion Dublin argued if you don’t go to ground it doesn’t get given. Which is sadly correct.

Terrible decision to award the penalty to Villa. Yes there was contact as both players went for the ball but the Villa player took two steps then remembered to fall. Not impeded in any way at all and should have been a yellow for trying to deceive the ref.

never a penalty and a definite yellow for diving. Pathetic reffing. Just like Jack's yellow against Neverton.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Mase » Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:54 am

nottsblue wrote:Linekar on MotD called it out as a dive, then Dion Dublin argued if you don’t go to ground it doesn’t get given.

I hate that. It’s a contact sport - if there’s not enough contact to cause you to go down then it’s not a penalty. To say, “if you don’t go to ground it doesn’t get given” is basically saying you have to dive.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby zuricity » Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:01 am

Mase wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Linekar on MotD called it out as a dive, then Dion Dublin argued if you don’t go to ground it doesn’t get given.

I hate that. It’s a contact sport - if there’s not enough contact to cause you to go down then it’s not a penalty. To say, “if you don’t go to ground it doesn’t get given” is basically saying you have to dive.

Cheat Mase, cheat
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby nottsblue » Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:38 pm

So DCL has his red card overturned. The one where the referee saw it and waved play on but the VAR intervened and thought there was more to it so advised the on field to go to the monitor and effectively reconsider the decision

Does this overturned red card thus mean the VAR on duty therefore got the decision completely and horribly wrong? And as such need to be removed from active duty?
nottsblue

Postby PeterParker » Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:09 pm

Bent cunts.
Week in week out.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Nick » Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:34 pm

So bent to stop our pursuit of 4

If it was Taggart it'd be all "wouldn't it be great if"
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Original Dub » Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:37 pm

Nick wrote:So bent to stop our pursuit of 4

If it was Taggart it'd be all "wouldn't it be great if"

:lol:
"Alvarez haters must be squirming"
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Haaland

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:52 pm

Cheating cunts!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:58 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Cheating cunts!

More than 53 minutes in before he awarded a free kick to us. Despite the rugby tackles every time we got a corner! Wonder if that's ever happened before? :twisted:
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:07 pm

Bluemoon4610 wrote:

More than 53 minutes in before he awarded a free kick to us. Despite the rugby tackles every time we got a corner! Wonder if that's ever happened before? :twisted:

It’s fucking scandalous, game after game we put up with the selective ref’ing.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby mr_nool » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:09 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Bluemoon4610 wrote:

Pigmol've been instructed to give Klopp his proper goodbye present. We really have to do this without/despite VAR.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby zuricity » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:22 pm

it is almost every game isn't it ? . Ref was so bad tonight, beyond a joke. got me annoyed the way he kept getting in the way of the players trying to move around eleven players packed into their penalty area.

They faked being fouled and he cards City players. Really bad tonight Mr .English.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:24 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Bluemoon4610 wrote:

Pigmol've been instructed to give Klopp his proper goodbye present. We really have to do this without/despite VAR.

As Pep says, we do it ourselves without any help, incredible!

Going to be really difficult this season, though. The PL have 2 incentives, Klopp going out on a high and us not getting that record 4th on the trot, and that’s without this possible double-treble that some in the press are worried about.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum