Officiating - He Got Away With One There!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Officiating - He Got Away With One There!

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:27 pm

zuricity wrote:it is almost every game isn't it ? . Ref was so bad tonight, beyond a joke. got me annoyed the way he kept getting in the way of the players trying to move around eleven players packed into their penalty area.

They faked being fouled and he cards City players. Really bad tonight Mr .English.

That really pissed me off tonight. Everytime we tired moving the ball in advanced areas, he’d take that one step forward that looked to cut the quick pass out, leaving us to turn the play.

It happened that many times, it can’t have been coincidence. The cunt should not be seen.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby salford city » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:44 pm

IF that clown of a ref had carded their keeper for his part in the time-wasting he would have had to send him off at the death albeit that the game as good as done. Truly shocking referee tonight. I lost count of how many times he held us up when we were looking to break. Definitely a pattern from PIGMOL with these tyoes of park the bus pub teams.
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Mase » Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:08 am

Wilder was fined this week for saying a referee that he knows well told him before their Palace match that they wouldn’t get any 50/50 decisions.

Sounds to me like the referees meet up and are instructed each week on how to influence games.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby PeterParker » Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:44 am

Mase wrote:Wilder was fined this week for saying a referee that he knows well told him before their Palace match that they wouldn’t get any 50/50 decisions.

Sounds to me like the referees meet up and are instructed each week on how to influence games.

100%.
English football has Calciopoli and I expect it to be as big as it was in Italy.

What I don't understand the lack of the involvement of the authorities.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Mase » Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:48 am

PeterParker wrote:
Mase wrote:Wilder was fined this week for saying a referee that he knows well told him before their Palace match that they wouldn’t get any 50/50 decisions.

100%.
English football has Calciopoli and I expect it to be as big as it was in Italy.

Halsey literally outed them in his book and said he was told how many corners/cards to give etc.

Amazed none of the media pushed that more, but then again I’m not shocked at the same time
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:59 am

They're turning the screw big time this season.
"Alvarez haters must be squirming"
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Haaland

Postby PeterParker » Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:31 am

Mase wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

100%.

Halsey literally outed them in his book and said he was told how many corners/cards to give etc.

Amazed none of the media pushed that more, but then again I’m not shocked at the same time

I don't expect the media to do anything, that City fan on Talkshite told it as it was, I expect the authorities.
This is a system that works since the Premier League. I can't say it before because my time watching games was close to none, but look it the past. David Elleray, Rennie, Riley. A system well made who I have no doubt has the protection needed.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby MIAMCFC » Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:08 am

12 men simple. Once we scored Bentford and the ref started to get a sweat on. 6 mins to get an equaliser when you have feigned injury and wasted time Oh and Ben Mee WTAF. Taking the piss mate.
MIAMCFC
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Original Dub » Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:58 pm

Didn't watch it but I heard the sterling goal should have stood?

Funny old game this
"Alvarez haters must be squirming"
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Haaland

Postby CTID Hants » Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:31 pm

Original Dub wrote:Didn't watch it but I heard the sterling goal should have stood?

Funny old game this

Even my scouse mate said they were unlucky and said it must have been a toe nails difference.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:13 pm

Tbf I thought the disallowed van dijk goal was ridiculous. It reminded me of the Ederson penalty at the Emirates. Something that happens a million times a season yet all of a sudden it's an infringement, and chances are won't ever be blown up for again. Just mad, inconsistent refereeing decisions every single game this season.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:16 pm

KinkyKinkladze wrote:Tbf I thought the disallowed van dijk goal was ridiculous. It reminded me of the Ederson penalty at the Emirates. Something that happens a million times a season yet all of a sudden it's an infringement, and chances are won't ever be blown up for again. Just mad, inconsistent refereeing decisions every single game this season.

I thought both goals should have stood.

Actually thought the ref didn’t bow to Klopp and was pretty decent. That Caicedo tackle was a red all day long and he didn’t even get a yellow!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ayrshireblue » Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:57 am

KinkyKinkladze wrote:Tbf I thought the disallowed van dijk goal was ridiculous. It reminded me of the Ederson penalty at the Emirates. Something that happens a million times a season yet all of a sudden it's an infringement, and chances are won't ever be blown up for again. Just mad, inconsistent refereeing decisions every single game this season.

The block would have been allowed if the Liverpool player wasn't in am offside position while blocking. Definition of interfering with play right there.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Im_Spartacus » Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:38 am

ayrshireblue wrote:

The block would have been allowed if the Liverpool player wasn't in am offside position while blocking. Definition of interfering with play right there.

Yeah I'm struggling to understand the furore over this. The guy was stood in an offside position at the time the ball was kicked and became active the minute he blocked the defender, who would otherwise almost certainly have been goalside of van dijk when the ball arrived in the box.

I think as always the bigger issue is how the VAR spotted that, but same VAR the day before for the United game who had a mare and 'missed' loads of really blatant stuff.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:19 am

Oh no, don't get me wrong, I totally agree that by the law it's offside. Much in the same way Ederson when he clattered whoever the fuck it was, it's a foul. But it's one of them that is never given. It just strikes me as odd that it's suddenly been picked up and makes me wonder if it'll ever be seen again.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Nickyboy » Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:39 am

KinkyKinkladze wrote:Oh no, don't get me wrong, I totally agree that by the law it's offside. Much in the same way Ederson when he clattered whoever the fuck it was, it's a foul. But it's one of them that is never given. It just strikes me as odd that it's suddenly been picked up and makes me wonder if it'll ever be seen again.

My brother said to me that in order for that offiside block to always be given it need to result in it being a goal in order for it to be checked - hence why so few are ever pulled up as most set pieces are wasted.

Kind of makes sense.
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mase » Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:39 pm

Paul Tierney, who made a mistake in Liverpool's win at Nottingham Forest, will not referee a game in the next round of Premier League matches.

Means fuck all though doesn’t it. Liverpool have already won and it doesn’t change anything. If I’d made 20 errors in my job I’d have been binned off by now.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:29 pm

Mase wrote:Paul Tierney, who made a mistake in Liverpool's win at Nottingham Forest, will not referee a game in the next round of Premier League matches.

Means fuck all though doesn’t it. Liverpool have already won and it doesn’t change anything. If I’d made 20 errors in my job I’d have been binned off by now.

It’s piss poor isn’t it ! This wasn’t a ‘mistake’ this was cheating pure and simple as the rule is clear as fucking day !

He gets a slap on the wrist and will be back refereeing some poor bastards in no time .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby nottsblue » Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:45 pm

Mase wrote:Paul Tierney, who made a mistake in Liverpool's win at Nottingham Forest, will not referee a game in the next round of Premier League matches.

He is the VAR for the Arsenal match at the weekend
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby zuricity » Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:30 pm

nottsblue wrote:

He is the VAR for the Arsenal match at the weekend

So he is refereeing a game, just not at the ground
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum